Current time: 24.04.2024, 00:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
ERA III
Valery Offline

Well ok, that settles the whole issues, since main scripts were modified this version the Launcher uses is not playable, at least for me. Thanks for clarifying. Its useless to attach small patches with maps here and there, since you guys are clearly on the path of reinventing the game, so probably next version will require others patches and so on.

Bersy, since I still get mails asking why this thing or another doesn't work, what Era version should I propose, which is functional, not bugged or with voluntary changes provoking unexpected issues?

I still have Era 3.0 but wog options screen is empty and trying to load a dat file crashes the game. You told me 3.9 is bugged, so is there anyt Era version properly working? You know, where you can play anything this game proposes without having to give up after 15 minutes.
(This post was last modified: 02.07.2023 07:36 by Valery.)
02.07.2023 07:27
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Archer30 Online
Moderators

Valery, does it work for you if using the WoG Scripts from igrik's repo?
WoG Scripts igrik

Latest ERA mods and scripts in development - My GitHub
02.07.2023 07:43
Valery Offline

I appreciate the help you put there, but what I really need, if possible, is an Era 3. x working version, which means the one before the definitive changes to main scripts, which basically invalidated what has been done in the past 15 years.

I can't attach all wog scripts to every map out there, and that's about 20 of them, not all mine, but revised by me, in order to fix compatibility between 3.58 and Era 2. And now probably none of them is working. 4 years ago I would probably take the challenge and do the necessary work, but now I just lost interest, seeing the direction of things.
02.07.2023 08:16
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Valery, I didn't touch WoG Scripts mod for long ago. I can prepare special package for your projects, but we have to decide, which version of WoG Scripts to include in it. Check the above mentioned WoG Scripts mod by igrik. If it suits your needs, I'll use it.

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
02.07.2023 17:25
Valery Offline

Great, let's come to a compromise, what would be fine is the Era version just before the main scripts were rewritten. My Era 3.0 has bugs with displaying wog options then loading dat files crashes the game, I didn't test all Era version between 3.0 and 3.9. I checked Igrik WoG scripts mod and it looks fine, not updated recently.

Since the launcher version breaks compatibility with previous mods using wog scripts, would it be possible to create a package like Era 3.0 but 100% functional? With the necessary plugins like fix game issues so everything is fine.
(This post was last modified: 02.07.2023 18:49 by Valery.)
02.07.2023 18:30
Berserker Offline
Administrators

I'll try to make such package (raw Era 3.9.5 installer with fixes + WoG Scripts by igrik). You can give this assembly custom name like Era 3 Compat Edition. You can also change any files/scripts/plugins inside to suit old projects, because Era installer is Rar SFX and can be updated using WinRar. I'll write here when I'm ready or just remind me in a 3-4 days here.

Поддержать проект
03.07.2023 00:59
Valery Offline

That's very kind. Meanwhile I replaced wog scripts folder from launcher with Igrik's one, just to see how dependent they were, and I could go into game for 3 hours without any error.
03.07.2023 04:47
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Valery, that's sounds promising Ab

Поддержать проект
03.07.2023 15:19
Berserker Offline
Administrators

https://dropmefiles.com/MfF3q
Era 3.9.5 Compatibility Package

Includes all 2.9.14 package mods:

Era Erm Framework (latest)
Fast Battle Animation (old)
Quick Savings (recent)
Secondary Skills Scrolling (recent)
WoG (latest)
WoG Scripts (corrected by igrik)
Yona (corrected for Era 3)

Поддержать проект
04.07.2023 00:01
Valery Offline

I have same problem as when trying last Era version, install goes fine until it says "failed to created mod/list" or something like that, then it starts a loop asking same thing. At the end I have no choice but abort install and then the folder Mods is not created.

Edit: I tried again to install it on the previous failed install (so a Heroes folder but without Mods), it went again to a security loop (do you want this software to install etc) for 10 times or so, I clicked yes every time and then it worked. Mods are in.

So I think there is some bug about install.
(This post was last modified: 04.07.2023 13:27 by Valery.)
04.07.2023 12:44
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Seems like local issue with User Access Control. Do you install on C drive and do you run installer as administrator?

Поддержать проект
04.07.2023 20:37
Valery Offline

Yes, I install it in the usual C:\GOG Games, and Launcher installed perfectly there. I also have Kaspersky but it always let me install things, the most it does sometimes it asks for confirmation, but never blocks by it self.
04.07.2023 20:54
Archer30 Online
Moderators

Hell Baron has an undocumented (in creature description) fearsome ability @7604FB
I am wondering if this is supposed to be a removed ability but the wog team forgot to do so.
By contrast, Darkness Dragon has similar abilities. But having no taking soul ability makes it much worse than Hell Baron. The balance seems to be a concern.

Btw, I hope the issue of SN:H^object^ gets some attention too x)

05.07.2023 20:11
Berserker Offline
Administrators

I think this ability should be added to text.
SN:H uses WoG hint trigger. Should I fix objType and objSubtype parameters for OnAdvMapTileHint?

Поддержать проект
06.07.2023 02:38
Archer30 Online
Moderators

Quote:Should I fix objType and objSubtype parameters for OnAdvMapTileHint

Yes.
Object type (x4) should always be returned as a hero if there is a hero at the real coordinates. This is not simply via erm since OB:T will return the object type underneath if the hero at the position is the current hero.
I don't think the original x4/x5 (object type/subtype underneath the hero at the entrance) would be of great use since usually OnAdvMapTileHint is used for setting hints, and this type/subtype is not what we would use in the native mechanism.

Quote:SN:H uses WoG hint trigger
Well, I am not quite sure how it internally works. But the request is similar - the game should not show the SN:H^object^/HT hint when I hover over a hero visiting an object set with SN:H^object^/HT, it should show the hint of the hero instead. Same as RMB pop-ups.

Btw, is there a chance to have a pop-up trigger similar to OnAdvMapTileHint for the hint, which changes the native msg and can be disabled by CM:R0?
CM:R0+IF:M works great for setting pop-ups. Yet when you have several right-clicking features, it starts to become a problem since CM:R0 cannot disable IF:M msg.
For example: I wrote an enhanced pop-up for Commander Witch Huts, now when you right-click on huts, it shows both the skills taught to my hero and my commander.
And I have Mithril. When I right-click on the huts, it would ask me whether to change the skill teaching.
Now ideally when I right-click on the huts, I want only the Mithril question shown and the enhanced commander witch huts pop-up should be disabled. But since the enhanced pop-up is realised by IF:M, nothing can be done unless playing with some global variables.

(This post was last modified: 06.07.2023 13:18 by Archer30.)
06.07.2023 08:17
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »