Current time: 23.03.2024, 22:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Please Help!
» Map woes
gamecreator Offline

It works for me. Are you sure you checked this for a standalone map?

When all gods have burnt to ashes in eternity of sorrow,
Demons gonna tear your soul because there is no tomorrow.
26.03.2016 21:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cavorite Offline

(26.03.2016 21:42)gamecreator Wrote:  It works for me. Are you sure you checked this for a standalone map?

I play a single map game, then save the map and reload the map. After the reload only instructions work and the map no longer is WOGIFIED because even quick battles and other WOG features do not function.

If I knew how, I would gladly give you the map to try for yourself!

I've never encontoured this before.?????
30.03.2016 08:24
Valery Offline

But if the maps have internal scripts, usually they are not wogified when start, you even receive a message warning. Anyhow, either your wog is a mess or some bug with GE trigger.

I would suggest upgrading to Era because it is so easier to debug if problems.
(This post was last modified: 30.03.2016 10:11 by Valery.)
30.03.2016 10:05
gamecreator Offline

(30.03.2016 08:24)Cavorite Wrote:  I play a single map game, then save the map and reload the map. After the reload only instructions work and the map no longer is WOGIFIED because even quick battles and other WOG features do not function.
Works for me. Put your script into the map, wogified it. WoG features are working. Saved, loaded the save. Still working. Restarted the game, loaded the save. Still WoG scripts are present and working.
(30.03.2016 08:24)Cavorite Wrote:  If I knew how, I would gladly give you the map to try for yourself!
Upload it somewhere and post a link here.

30.03.2016 16:50
Cavorite Offline

(30.03.2016 16:50)gamecreator Wrote:  
(30.03.2016 08:24)Cavorite Wrote:  I play a single map game, then save the map and reload the map. After the reload only instructions work and the map no longer is WOGIFIED because even quick battles and other WOG features do not function.
Works for me. Put your script into the map, wogified it. WoG features are working. Saved, loaded the save. Still working. Restarted the game, loaded the save. Still WoG scripts are present and working.
(30.03.2016 08:24)Cavorite Wrote:  If I knew how, I would gladly give you the map to try for yourself!
Upload it somewhere and post a link here.

Here is the map.

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes3/maps....ty=&sort=2

Played as a single map it will make you get 6 new heroes at the start.

All the "Guard Huts" work fine BUT...Save the game then load it and things go wrong.
05.04.2016 06:19
gamecreator Offline

Wasn't able to start your map - there are mod objects in it. But from the look of your scripts, guard huts should never work. Not before saving the game, not after loading it. They have incorrect coordinates.

05.04.2016 14:45
Valery Offline

Is it normal that under GM0 you reload the dat file? I released 3 wog maps using a dat file and I never had to script the load game. Maybe is this which blocks other scripts?

And yes, you used new objects patch. Really, go to Era because as now people must download new things to play your maps then they can't uninstall them.
(This post was last modified: 05.04.2016 16:23 by Valery.)
05.04.2016 16:23
Cavorite Offline

(05.04.2016 16:23)Valery Wrote:  Is it normal that under GM0 you reload the dat file? I released 3 wog maps using a dat file and I never had to script the load game. Maybe is this which blocks other scripts?

And yes, you used new objects patch. Really, go to Era because as now people must download new things to play your maps then they can't uninstall them.

I added the GM0 script to see if it would help. That "Load Game" script does nothing. ERA does NOT work!!! I tried to play the map with ERA and before the map loaded, it said a script that is not in the map had the wrong syntax and it said my scripts are too long.

I made this map so it could be wogified. There are no conflict with the varriables and other scripts.
So what you are saying is that I need to delete WOG from my computer and re-install it without any add ons???
(This post was last modified: 06.04.2016 22:42 by Cavorite.)
06.04.2016 22:28
Cavorite Offline

(05.04.2016 14:45)gamecreator Wrote:  Wasn't able to start your map - there are mod objects in it. But from the look of your scripts, guard huts should never work. Not before saving the game, not after loading it. They have incorrect coordinates.

I checked all the huts and they are all correct coordinates. Plus, they work fine untill you save and load a game.
Which one do you think has the wrong coords?
06.04.2016 22:35
Valery Offline

(06.04.2016 22:28)Cavorite Wrote:  So what you are saying is that I need to delete WOG from my computer and re-install it without any add ons???

You installed "new objects patch" over your wog then made a map with. but you didn't specify in map description that the user need to download that patch, so your map is unplayable as it is. Either you notify the players that they need to install additional graphics (which will irremediably alter their wog 3.58) or you upgrade to era, where that patch comes as on/off mod.

I don't have anymore wog 3.58 so can't test but I see no reason you wouldn't update to era, the errors you get come possibly from multiple exclamation signs (more than 2), which era considers as notify error. if you delete all "!!!" or more of them then errors will be gone.
06.04.2016 23:09
gamecreator Offline

(06.04.2016 22:35)Cavorite Wrote:  Which one do you think has the wrong coords?
The first three for sure, I assumed others do as well.

(06.04.2016 22:28)Cavorite Wrote:  So what you are saying is that I need to delete WOG from my computer and re-install it without any add ons???
You can have multiple versions of WoG (or any other HoMM3 variation) simultaneously.

07.04.2016 00:57
Cavorite Offline

(06.04.2016 23:09)Valery Wrote:  

You installed "new objects patch" over your wog then made a map with. but you didn't specify in map description that the user need to download that patch, so your map is unplayable as it is. Either you notify the players that they need to install additional graphics (which will irremediably alter their wog 3.58) or you upgrade to era, where that patch comes as on/off mod.

I don't have anymore wog 3.58 so can't test but I see no reason you wouldn't update to era, the errors you get come possibly from multiple exclamation signs (more than 2), which era considers as notify error. if you delete all "!!!" or more of them then errors will be gone.

Where are these !!!'s ??? As I said the map does not work in ERA at all. Unless there is a new ERA that I don't know about, I don't see any difference between ERA and 3.58??? I think your are confusing !!IF with !!!F There are NO !!! in the map.
(This post was last modified: 24.04.2016 08:17 by Cavorite.)
10.04.2016 22:41
Cavorite Offline

(07.04.2016 00:57)gamecreator Wrote:  
(06.04.2016 22:35)Cavorite Wrote:  Which one do you think has the wrong coords?
The first three for sure, I assumed others do as well.

You can have multiple versions of WoG (or any other HoMM3 variation) simultaneously.

Perhaps you have a different coordinates sceme on your map editor because I have checked all the Guard Huts and they are all correct coords plus they all work fine when I play the game until I save. I don't understand how you could think they are wrong.
10.04.2016 22:56
gamecreator Offline

(10.04.2016 22:56)Cavorite Wrote:  Perhaps you have a different coordinates sceme on your map editor
What scheme? There are no "coordinate schemes", coordinates are unambiguous.

(10.04.2016 22:56)Cavorite Wrote:  I don't understand how you could think they are wrong.
This is how:
Image: wronghut.png

10.04.2016 23:32
Cavorite Offline

(10.04.2016 22:56)Cavorite Wrote:  I don't understand how you could think they are wrong.
This is how:
Image: wronghut.png
[/quote]
Well I understand now. You are looking at the "Borderguards" This one is tan. I am talking about the decorative objects that I have named "Guard Huts" in the scrips. The object does not show up in your pic of the map.
(This post was last modified: 24.04.2016 08:12 by Cavorite.)
24.04.2016 08:10
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »