Current time: 24.03.2024, 03:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
WoG 600 objects ready
Valery Offline

Yes last addition. I plan to import other objects but only for mod use, so they will be imported over the patch, if anyone wants them. Do you know how to make an "uninstall" file for a few defs? I would like to provide it for future objects.
Go for final read meSm
27.09.2009 23:18
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FCst1 Offline

List of the Authors - http://slil.ru/28021305

Image: vestnik.gif
Eye Monster!
27.09.2009 23:27
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valery Offline

Great list and colored, got it. Has to place it outside the patch, or inside .wog file?
(This post was last modified: 28.09.2009 00:04 by Valery.)
28.09.2009 00:04
Valery Offline

I had a few hours to spend Beee

Ronon is training with Teyla back city, while Sheepard is looking envious at the Daedalus. Mckay is working on the new deftool inside the city with Grayface (Zelenka), you'll not see them today (sorry for weird colors, gif can't handle aqua)
Image: 79008806.gif
Sources:
Image: 333f.jpgImage: 111rx.jpgImage: 444ss.jpg
(This post was last modified: 28.09.2009 10:20 by Valery.)
28.09.2009 03:33
Valery Offline

Fcst1, I can't install your objects. It gives me error log. I have the "only new" file and I removed only AVXSNDD1 as it is already inside and it always gave me error when I tried to reinstall it. But now every other def from you gives me :
"Critical error in file C:\Program Files\3DO\Heroes III\InstallWoG\EVILPIECE.DE, install aborted
Erro in action: Create file
End installing with error"

@Edit: I got what is wrong: Wog does not accept 9+ letters defs as evilpiece and evilpblue. I renamed them short and it is ok (game accepted). You could install them on russian version?!

Ok, I set the passability and subtype for all your objects. Mostly blank but some subterranean gates and redwood observatory. If you want to modify something, you are welcome.

Link on first page updated with new objects ver 1.09. Includes all that was done. FCST1, I had to remove 3 of your defs:

AVXSNDD1 (was already in and was giving errors if replaced, no matter what I did))
ZWALLDA ( seems this def is not finished, what is it?)
EVILGAR1 (was actually the exact copy of evilgar2, am I wrong?)

You may want to correct ZWALGR1 and 2. There are missing parts when we place the object on the map.
As always, I can't install it if WoG not clean. Clean, OK.
(This post was last modified: 29.09.2009 06:02 by Valery.)
29.09.2009 01:59
FCst1 Offline

Valery, it appears, you had not a last version of my patch.
The last version (all errors are corrected)! - http://ifolder.ru/14229990

AVXSNDD1 - The corrected pointer (earlier at game it was not displayed)
ZWALLDA - completely destroyed wall from WoG.
EVILGAR's Is 2 identical garrisons, but light glares, etc. on them a miscellaneous.

Image: vestnik.gif
Eye Monster!
29.09.2009 06:40
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valery Offline

Ok sorry, I had previous version. Link updated, ALL your objects are now inside and working.

Free download at maps4heroes HERE
(This post was last modified: 30.09.2009 14:14 by Valery.)
29.09.2009 08:21
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

I think it would be better with 2 .wog archives: for everyone and for map makers. The first with all def/msk/msg, and the second with ZEOBJTS.tx only. This way the ones who just want to play maps with these objects won't have to have them all in the Map Editor.
18.10.2009 20:34
Valery Offline

Yes, I also thought at that, but it is so easy to keep a clean WoG folder and replace the patched one. Many people, having those objects in the editor could be encouraged to do their own maps, with so many animated news objects. Now, what I would need for specific small patches would be to know the command to delete a def/msk/msg so the player can uninstall small patches after playing a map. For example I created a small patch (70 objects scfi) for the Atlantis map, but they will not fit anywhere else. So after playing the map, would be nice to offer an uninstall bak, but I don't know how to do it.
18.10.2009 20:50
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

It's easy if done on time. Otherwise, Heroes folder turns into a huge mess and there's no way to clean it except for downloading Heroes 3 and making a clean install.

Berserker is working on a tool that would allow you delete files from archives.
23.10.2009 04:31
Valery Offline

Well, I know that and that tool would be great, go Berserker!
Myself I have a clean WoG in second folder and I simply replace the messed one when need (takes about 3 minutes to replace +run patch 1.9.) I guess that happens to every one which is working on intensive modding. But standard players should be protected form editor overload so that tool would be great. Waiting for it.

I see Phantom used this to delete things (in action.txt)

DELL "AVXskds4.def" W+"data\"
DELL "AVXskds4.msk" W+"data\"
DELL "AVXskds4.msg" W+"data\"
DELL "dragbone.def" W+"data\"
DELL "dragbone.msk" W+"data\"
DELL "dragbone.msg" W+"data\"
DELL "zmagic00.def" W+"data\"
DELL "zmagic00.msk" W+"data\"
DELL "zmagic00.msg" W+"data\"

is this the right command? Need to remove codes as well from ZEOBJTS.txt, right?
(This post was last modified: 23.10.2009 07:12 by Valery.)
23.10.2009 07:09
FallenAngel Offline

Valery, i have a problem with creating a random map
09.01.2011 23:56
Valery Offline

I think the editor can't create random with the new objects, but in game you can create a random map. Tested.
10.01.2011 00:44
GhostManSD Offline

I need your help, guys. I ask here because you made this patch and know the right answer. I've ported some LODs from Disciples II, but how can I add them into the map editor? For example, in sand section.

P.S. What are the files with extentions *.msg and *.msk? Can I edit them? If yes, how I can?
P.P.S. Is there any need in Disciples objects? They are not so good for Heroes (different angles), but I'm changing them in Photoshop to make them looking heroes-style.

Κακῆς ἀπ' ἀρχῆς γίγνεται τέλος κακόν.
15.01.2011 01:21
Valery Offline

You need ObjTxtEditor.exe.

(This post was last modified: 15.01.2011 01:46 by Valery.)
15.01.2011 01:44
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »