Current time: 18.04.2024, 14:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Dialogue Master + The Stand Map Demo + ERM Dialogue Function
» Tools to help you write ERM and Story-Based maps
Axonn Offline

Then don't install it ::- D. It's your choice. I personally think it rules and development on it is fast, elegant and allows for a lot of neat tricks. Wait 'till you see the new ERM IDE ::- D.

. - = E C H Y S T T A S = - .
The Greater Mind Balance
15.11.2009 20:57
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valery Offline

Hip...Hip...Hip...Hourrah!

That was to motivate you. Come on man, please finish it, can't wait. Thousand of projects around, none ready132

I doubt it will be noobie friendly but work deserves respect
15.11.2009 21:54
Axonn Offline

I'm trying the best I can to make it easy to use. There is a big difference between the Dialogue Master I already showed you and this:

The Dialogue Master was made for MY MAP, it uses a very narrow ERM toolset and is pretty much useless for generic use.

The ERM IDE is made for ALL ERM programmers and can be used not only for map creation but also for extensions to WoG, practically, anything that means crafting ERM code.

Anyway, they say a picture is worth 1000 words, so you're the first ones to see how the Epic Game Studio looks like ::- ) (Epic Game Studio is the name of the ERM IDE).

The Main Menu:
Image: 20091115.1.jpg

Workspace Area (no Workspace loaded)
Image: 20091115.2.jpg

Language Area (Workspace loaded, but no data in it)
Image: 20091115.3.jpg

Game Area (no Workspace loaded)
Image: 20091115.4.jpg

The Greater Mind Balance
(This post was last modified: 15.11.2009 23:20 by Axonn.)
15.11.2009 23:11
Valery Offline

15.11.2009 23:17
Axonn Offline

A few explanations for the pictures above:

Once loaded, the Workspace will contain all ERM instructions we now have in the documentation. You may be able to use them to create functions in a very user-friendly way. In the future I will add IntelliSense & a code editor window, but for now there will be NO hand editing. Instead, instructions & functions will be created by drag & drop of instructions and then setting their parameters (like I already described above, in my first posts).

The "Search" you see there will be used to quickly find stuff in your map/script. You will be able to search for instructions or for your own procedures.

The "Game" area will allow you to centralize all your Game story in one place, as well as export it to another Workspace or import older Games so you have access to their data.

The "Language" area will allow you to actively modify the ERM language database of the program, which will initially come with only a few instructions which I will add in order to test stuff. I hope I'm going to get some help in completing the ERM syntax translator I'm building for this compiler.

The "Build" area will allow you to select a folder or group of folders which have instructions in them. After you do this, you click on the "Build" button and the program generates .ERM files ready for you to use wherever you want.

The "World Editor" will NOT be used for ERM, as we already have the Heroes 3 Map Editor.

The "Custom Views" will allow you to select some criteria and rules with which the IDE will filter a certain set of instructions, and display them in a custom way. For example if you have lots of "Message Boxes" (ERM !!IF), you may display all Message Boxes in your script in a special view, so you can see them all in one place.

This application is just 5% completed, but I'm gaining momentum and I am advancing faster and faster. Soon, more & more functionalities will pop-up. For now, there is only the Framework (I am working towards making a pluginnable IDE) and the Workspace part. More to come ::- )

The Greater Mind Balance
15.11.2009 23:30
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Heroes 3 Dialogue Master v1.0.RAR (alternative link):
http://wogarchive.ru/files/%D1%EE%F4%F2/...20v1.0.RAR

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
17.11.2009 19:20