Current time: 11.04.2024, 02:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Creating .def, help
solitaire345 Offline

are you talking about Horn of the Abyss? or is there another mod from Hippocamus out there? if it is, maybye you know where could i get it?
18.09.2009 22:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valery Offline

Yes, HoTA, and also Master of Puppets create a lot of artefacts, so the solution is under our nose but kept secretSm
18.09.2009 22:51
solitaire345 Offline

master of puppets? never heard about him.
hmm.. looks like we completely changed the topic of this thread :D
19.09.2009 00:01
Valery Offline

Just Google translate the russian forum http://forum.df2.ru/index.php?showforum=4. Too bad there is no connection, because there are awesome things inside.
19.09.2009 14:37
Qwertyus Offline

I can't spent my time to translate it on english, but check this thread:
Create 3200 artifacts.

Абонент временно недоступен...
21.09.2009 02:49
Valery Offline

I have a question for Grayface regarding the last def tool. I came across several issues with complex color creatures and I need to know how it works:

1) If the creature is repositioned the indexed bmp are automatically changed to RGB colors. Normal? (anyway I always backup the indexed so not big issues)
2) I had several issues with weird graphics, and I noticed the follow thing:

If the box "transparent" is checked BEFORE adding the first frame, I had different results than checking it after adding all frames. Sometimes my creature has weird white pixels, if the box is checked, sometimes it has same pixels if the box is not checked. In all, I need to test in both ways before making the def, and sometimes I have a surprise. I could not say why the white pixels were added, in 90% of cases the creature is ok. I guess it depends of its specific palette if need several checks up.

When you make a creature with a 0.255.255 background, do you check that box and when? Before the first frame or after the last?

I noticed that in general it is less risky to fix the desired position BEFORE going into the def tool, moving all frames may give different results.
24.12.2009 22:36
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

I keep that box chacked, as it is by default. I'd love to test the def list and cadres that produce those white pixels.

(24.12.2009 22:36)Valery Wrote:  1) If the creature is repositioned the indexed bmp are automatically changed to RGB colors. Normal?
Yes. DefTool ignores palettes anyway.
25.12.2009 01:31
Valery Offline

Ok I will send you the last ones (a few) which created white pixels when replacing. I had to try over 10 times and different set ups until I got the right colors.
25.12.2009 02:12
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »