Current time: 11.04.2024, 07:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Map Editor Patch (English Lng)
» New Objects Patch v1.8fix and Patch for Map Editor v3.3
FCst1 Offline

I spread the link to a file of assemblage New Objects Patch v1.8fix and Patch for Map Editor v3.3.
DOWNLOAD
If you found error - inform.

Image: vestnik.gif
Eye Monster!
17.08.2009 01:09
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valery Offline

Thank you for your work. I already gave my advice in HC forums, as this patch, scattered through several links, will be very hard to use.

This patch you link to is 7 Mo. Patch new_objects_patch_ver_1_8.wog is 18 Mo. So the user has to download first the 18 Mo (where...) then apply the fix.
Maps4heroes can host the whole package for free. But it should be the whole package, it means 18Mo+7Mo all together, otherwise no one will understand what is about.

Tell me if I can help to put all this together.

Map editor patch 1.7 can already be found at maps4heroes

I did not update yet the link with 1.8. Now that Grayface made 3.3, it could be possible maybe to compile all in one, and have a download link permanent and free.
(This post was last modified: 17.08.2009 04:31 by Valery.)
17.08.2009 04:26
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Qwertyus Offline

It is a permanent and free link in a first post. Patch new_objects_patch_ver_1_8.wog + MapEditor patch v3.3, compiled in one wog-patch and archived. So the "weight" is 6.51Mb.

Абонент временно недоступен...
(This post was last modified: 17.08.2009 06:14 by Qwertyus.)
17.08.2009 06:11
Valery Offline

My fault. For unknown reasons, my 1.8 patch is 18 Mo (rar). The new is 6.51 Mo so I deduced it has only the last objects. But the number of files is same (!)
17.08.2009 08:17
FCst1 Offline

Original (new_objects_patch_ver_1_8.wog) - 1301 file,
With fix (nobjpatch18fix.wog) - 1337 files.
In fix many files of the original have been updated.

Eye Monster!
17.08.2009 09:47
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valery Offline

The install goes up to 90%+ then I have an error message about a .wog broken file. But the new things are showing afterwards in the editor, commanders, objects and Grayface "copy map" etc.
17.08.2009 19:27
FCst1 Offline

Strange... Just has tried to instal again - all has passed successfully. Errors not was.

Eye Monster!
17.08.2009 20:32
Valery Offline

I got the error each time I install in a clean WoG folder, but everything show up and goes well after that. So it must be my computer who does not like it. I sent it to maps4heroes for easier link, so they will replace the old one.

I am downloading(shhh) right now Anno 1404. There are some amazing graphics there. I wish I could find somewhere a short tutorial on how to create/import an object in WoG. I have 3dsmax9. Are you interested to make a short tutorial so I could help?
17.08.2009 20:52
FCst1 Offline

Unfortunately, experience of my work with 3D editors is practically equal to zero. I draw all objects manually, in PhotoshopCS4 or IfranView.

Eye Monster!
17.08.2009 21:11
Valery Offline

Does not work on HoMM complete.
C:\Program Files\3DO\Heroes 3 Complete\Data\H3sprite.lod Size = 86125233
Critical error in file C:\Program Files\3DO\Heroes 3 Complete\InstallWoG\AVXSND10.DEF, install aborted
Erro in action: Create file

Does the install program have a "memory"? I removed AVXSND10 files from patch and H3sprite.exe but it keeps saying same thing: that file is broken. How could be? 36
(This post was last modified: 29.08.2009 08:47 by Valery.)
29.08.2009 08:21
FCst1 Offline

Yes., similar, a patch made me - one big error Ab Therefore, I think, all the same it is better to use originals, well or I can spend a lot of time for correction of it.

Eye Monster!
29.08.2009 16:31
Valery Offline

I took my time and cleaned all the errors.

Here is the new patch, based on the first version of Phantom, then compiled with Fcst1 last additions. Fixed ZMM160G.def up to 196, so the creatures names are displayed, fixed ZEOBJTS codes for the last Fcst1 patch, so it gives no more errors and added a few changes made by myself:

1) Added Warcraft walls
2) Favorable winds were moved to "special terrains" and enabled to be placed everywhere. Mapmakers often use them to simulate clouds and it was tedious to place them on water, change properties, copy/paste.
3)Added AVWATTAK.def to ZEOBJTS, because it is a nice object.
Image: image1iae.jpg

The patch does not include Grayface 3.3 patch, because I would not touch it properly. If Grayface manage to include his editor patch into this file and install properly, then we have our "no error" patch complete. Anyway Grayface patch is only for mapmakers, players do not need it.

DOWNLOAD

To install, change extension to .wog.
(This post was last modified: 30.08.2009 17:50 by Valery.)
30.08.2009 17:30
FCst1 Offline

Very well, thanks! As I have no possibility to download this file completely because of my slow Internet, I wish to learn, what for new walls from Warcraft?

Eye Monster!
30.08.2009 20:15
Valery Offline

If you can't get the file then you will have errors....I never could install both patches and everyone in HC reported the error. Now you can add what I did manually:

Warcraft walls defs are already inside, but not in ZEOBJTS. Open it with txt tool and add the codes for
wwalla1.def
wwalla2.def
wwalla3.def
wwalla4.def
wwalla5.def
wwalla6.def
wwalla7.def
wwalla8.def
wwalla9.def
wwalla10.def
and fix the passability after install, using the editor.
My guess is that the last patch corrupted my install.exe and I could not add any new object. At least this one offers clean install.
Can you give me a russian download link so I can upload it for you?
(This post was last modified: 30.08.2009 20:40 by Valery.)
30.08.2009 20:37
FCst1 Offline

Ab... About these walls I knew (have simply thought, suddenly there are still new? Sm ). Then to send in it is not necessary, I use not especially often them. (Is more exact - never)
By the way, soon I will add link to the patch with new objects. There there will be all my works, ~70.

Eye Monster!
30.08.2009 21:01
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »