Current time: 23.03.2024, 02:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
ERA III
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Quote:why already ghost dragon should be converted to bone dragon

Well, I'm pointing out the inconsistency of ERA.
Right now we have Green Dragons, Gold Dragons to Bone Dragons. However, Diamond Dragons to Skeletons.
Also, Blood Dragons to Bone Dragons, however, Ghost Dragons and Bone Dragons to Skeletons.
We aslo have Red Dragons, Black Dragons and Darkness Dragons all to Bone Dragons

It doesn't make sense to me why these dragons are treated differently.

Latest ERA mods and scripts in development - My GitHub
(This post was last modified: 05.10.2021 18:12 by Archer30.)
01.10.2021 15:08
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
V_Maiko Offline

Archer30, So logically speaking, Skeleton Transformer returns calcium to dragons soul that themselves are no longer made of bones and have a plasma texture? It destroys an entire special body to form it from ordinary bones. That is what I understood
01.10.2021 15:55
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

There is a WoG bug that I wish to be fixed in ERA (if it's rejected then I will do it with erm Spiteful)

The description of necro command ability - Cast Animate Dead on Level 1-5 Creatures is incorrect. The real effect is "Cast Animate Dead on a creature with no more than 50 hp".
I can't be sure whether it is the description or the effect that needs to be revised. But it doesn't make sense that from the start you are able to revive Vampires with this ability, and then later after the Vampires gained some ranks, it's no longer possible to do so. From this, I can tell fixing the ability itself to match the description is more reasonable.

(This post was last modified: 02.10.2021 17:33 by Archer30.)
02.10.2021 17:31
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Necro commander has max monster HP set to 50, ok. The description should be fixed in txt files, probably.

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
02.10.2021 17:43
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

I respect the decision Rolleyes

Another wish is to remove the dependency of z var with DL hints (DL:H).

So daemon_n wanted me to reallocate all my hints from DL text to z vars/json. I understand that is good for translation. However, having to occupy z var semi-globally is not convenient. In the interface of Trainer mod, about 50 z var have to be used in this way. Is there a plan to lift this restriction in the future? Dry

(This post was last modified: 02.10.2021 19:15 by Archer30.)
02.10.2021 18:18
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Maybe 50 HP cap is not ideal solution. In fact, it's really not ideal solution, but it's hard to do something suitable for all mods. It seems like "no limit" was treated as imbalance by WoG Team. Maybe just remove the limit at all?

Ok, DL:H needs to be fixed. Agree, will do.

Поддержать проект
02.10.2021 20:40
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Remove the 50 hp cap, plus adding in creature level check? Then it would be exactly the same as the description.
I'm fine with just removing the cap too. The limit of this spell is from the power of the commander so only limited hp would be recovered in this way.

(This post was last modified: 02.10.2021 22:14 by Archer30.)
02.10.2021 21:45
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Archer30, ok, thanks for report.

Поддержать проект
02.10.2021 22:51
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

And thanks for accepting the idea.

I wonder your comments about here 102 Is it good or nah?

And I'd like to report a problem. It looks like the new function for getting a hero's basic primary skills is not optimised to its best and may result in crashes. Here's a player report

Getting crash on turn end with a chance

My revision, skipping WM slots and spell book, works well so far:

(This post was last modified: 05.10.2021 18:12 by Archer30.)
05.10.2021 07:14
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Hi! What do you think about adding FU(GetMaxArtifactId) to EEF?

So basically it will only work for ERA without extra artifact plugins only (same as GetMaxMonsterId). But it is still useful for better organsied script writing I think.

In TUM, I wrote a small fucntion for getting the last ID with emerlad 3 loaded, which suppose to be overriding this proposed function.

______

Also a reminder, it is necessary to add in wog options.json in the current ERA. ERA no longer reads zsetup00.txt for some reasons.

(This post was last modified: 11.10.2021 07:36 by Archer30.)
11.10.2021 07:32
XEPOMAHT Offline
Moderators

(11.10.2021 07:32)Archer30 Wrote:  Hi! What do you think about adding FU(GetMaxArtifactId) to EEF?

So basically it will only work for ERA without extra artifact plugins only (same as GetMaxMonsterId). But it is still useful for better organsied script writing I think.

In TUM, I wrote a small fucntion for getting the last ID with emerlad 3 loaded, which suppose to be overriding this proposed function.

Проверять на решётку в первом символе имени артефакта - плохие костыли, а с копированием имени артефакта в z1 - оочень плохие костыли (имя можно проверить из самой структуры артефакта без подобной тормозной воговщины). Так делать не нужно. 108 Любой не знающий об этих костылях моддер может убрать решётку из имени артефакта и ваш костыльный ERM-код выдаст неправильный результат. 148

1. Для поиска последнего артефакта стоит всё же пользоваться лимитом на артефакты - для разных версий Эмералдов он разный (т.к. Феанор поленился сразу выделить память под 1000 артов).
2. Последний используемый артефакт стоит искать с конца структуры артефактов, чтобы не напороться на "дырки".
3. Артефакт можно проверять на ценность "s" - такой арт считается игрой пустым, а значит он не участвует в генерации, по факту, всегда являясь бланковым. Для особых случаев можно проверять и цену артефакта: если 0, значит бланковый.
(This post was last modified: 11.10.2021 07:59 by XEPOMAHT.)
11.10.2021 07:55
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Нельзя по какому-то фиксированному адресу считать лимит артефактов? Явно ведь в игре много проходов по всему массиву.

Поддержать проект
11.10.2021 13:19
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

XEPOMAHT, good advice, thanks!

As I know there is no better way to get the last art id in emerald Rolleyes Many methods would count the dummy artifacts in.

(This post was last modified: 11.10.2021 19:18 by Archer30.)
11.10.2021 19:18
Berserker Offline
Administrators

What the point of dummy artifacts or monsters at all? Why not add artifacts linearly without gaps?

Поддержать проект
11.10.2021 20:18
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Good question. Rolleyes Was it started from Feanor?

I want to report another problem of the fucntion of getting the hero's basic primary skills. Spell Scrolls must be set as exceptions, otherwise we'd get bugs.

Fixed fucntion:
____

Also an optional request. Maybe setting "WoG" and "Era Erm Framework" mod forcibly loaded? I don't see how these mods would be disabled in any case. And I'm getting reports from players due to wrongly disabling these mods Fie
An option can be set in ini (whether forcbly enabling compulsory mods) if that makes you feel more ethical.

(This post was last modified: 18.10.2021 10:22 by Archer30.)
18.10.2021 09:34
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »