Current time: 20.04.2024, 17:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
ERA III
Valery Offline

Hi guys

I can't make the game play. Installed Heroes complete, then HD then ERA 3 latest, installation aborts with message about mods list not being able to create then I don't have mods folder. When trying to play it says not able to find Zdraw.dll.
02.06.2023 19:00
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Berserker Online
Administrators

Valery, hi, Val, the latest release contains invalid exe file, my fault. There are also outdated files in the latest release, so I strongly recommend to install Era via Launcher by daemon_n and just delete/disable all mods, that you don't like.

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
03.06.2023 14:50
Valery Offline

I am a bit confused. The launcher does 24 mo, so I obviously need something else, no?

Can someone please put links to what is needed to day to get the game run? Era light? Launcher? Wog scripts? And where are the plugins like fix clone bug etc?
I miss the times when there was one click. Thanks
(This post was last modified: 11.06.2023 23:39 by Valery.)
11.06.2023 23:36
Panda Away
Moderators

Valery, If you do not want to suffer with the installation of the edition launcher, then just install the clean version in one click.

http://wforum.heroes35.net/showthread.php?tid=5995

Тот, кто просыпается рано - жаворонок, поздно - сова. А тот, кто плохо спит и ходит с черными кругами под глазами - панда!
12.06.2023 03:33
PerryR Offline

(11.06.2023 23:36)Valery Wrote:  I am a bit confused. The launcher does 24 mo, so I obviously need something else, no?

Can someone please put links to what is needed to day to get the game run? Era light? Launcher? Wog scripts? And where are the plugins like fix clone bug etc?
I miss the times when there was one click. Thanks

Hi,

actually the launcher should provide everything you need. Download, install and specifiy your game path, press game controle to check for updates.
What is 24 mo?
The fix for clones spells is most likely in the plugin "game bug fixes extended.dll" in the WoG core mod.

really just one click (if it works).
There are plenty on videos on how to install with laucher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVlMctCGj0 or from Lisos page
12.06.2023 06:21
Valery Offline

Panda,

Thanks, installed. but it does not have Wog scripts, do I borrow them from previous Era versions? Are all plugins in or must find them separately?

Perry

The Launcher is 24 mega-octets, Era is 85. So the launcher obviously does not contain Era. You mean Launcher will download Era on its own? Will try.
(This post was last modified: 12.06.2023 07:02 by Valery.)
12.06.2023 07:01
Berserker Online
Administrators

Valery, Launcher allows to automatically download and install Era with mods + possibility to automatically download updates, which is handy.
So it's downloader, installer and updater in one program.

Поддержать проект
12.06.2023 13:16
Panda Away
Moderators

Valery, This is the clean version. From it, the mod for scripts was removed a long time ago. If you need these scripts, then install the Launcher edition.

Тот, кто просыпается рано - жаворонок, поздно - сова. А тот, кто плохо спит и ходит с черными кругами под глазами - панда!
12.06.2023 16:45
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

I propose a change to zaobjts, zeobjts, zobjcts

For some reason, Magical Terrain (or Terrain Overlay, Wiki) has different behaviour on mines.

Gem and ore mines are placed underneath the terrain overlay, while others are placed above.
Without Magical Terrain:
Image: DrccW8V.png
With Magical Terrain (Gem and Ore are covered):
Image: XnUoeoH.png

It doesn't look like placing a map object underneath the overlay would bring any benefit, so I decided to standardise the behaviours.
With Magical Terrain (All the mines can be seen):
Image: cKbKSj2.png

Updated zaobjts, zeobjts, zobjcts with this change
Download: here.

Update:
Unfortunately, my trick on text doesn't work on existing maps. The passibilities are written on the map and won't be changed by updating text.
It will most likely only work for random maps.
________

Almost forgot, there is another proposal:
Updated resource.def, with Mithril frame added. (was this made by Grossmaster?)
Download: here

Latest ERA mods and scripts in development - My GitHub
(This post was last modified: 13.06.2023 15:20 by Archer30.)
13.06.2023 11:48
Grossmaster Offline
Moderators

I think, disabling the "part of ground" mark from these mines - is a bad solution from the point of view of the game visual.
In this case, the rendering of the gem pond and the ore mine will be illogical: the pond will be "levitate" over the trees, and so on. In addition, shadows from other objects will no longer fall on these objects.

I think, the right solution would be to write a plugin, that allows to force the rendering of these terrains under all objects, roads and rivers.

Image: Screenshot-6.png

Новая графика для WoG
(This post was last modified: 13.06.2023 17:46 by Grossmaster.)
13.06.2023 15:59
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Grossmaster, I wasn't aware of this drawback, thanks! At this point, the text should not be changed then.

Latest ERA mods and scripts in development - My GitHub
13.06.2023 17:06
Valery Offline

I have a problem with the TrainerX mod, I open on my main hero, don't do any modifications and when closing it automatically "cures" from all curses my hero and sets it to level 1, is this a bug or?
(This post was last modified: 30.06.2023 16:27 by Valery.)
30.06.2023 16:27
Berserker Online
Administrators

Seems like a bug. You can try to press F11 right after dialog close and search Heroes 3/Debug/Era/erm tracking.erm from the end for any ERM command, related to curses.
The file is a list of last executed ERM commands with corresponding file names and line numbers.

Поддержать проект
30.06.2023 21:07
Valery Offline

The main hero started with negative experience and a lot of courses, by default. So I would like to hear from Archer, maybe he added some automatic check for negative values.

I have another problem, I disabled all additional mods except wog core and wog scripts of course. But the option "heroes get 9-10th skills" was replaced by Archer with "every town can get Capitol". Thats a bit annoying because it makes a lot of my maps using dat file unplayable. I am not sure the secondary skills scrolling mod would be a replacement, as I remember I tested it before and didn't work the way I wanted. The plugin 9-10th skills is activated, yet Ctrl/click on experience icons doesn't trigger hidden skills.

So, what should I do, replace that erm file with the original from wog then ship it with the maps?
(This post was last modified: 30.06.2023 21:23 by Valery.)
30.06.2023 21:18
Berserker Online
Administrators

SSS mod was rewritten twice, seems quite a stable solution for now. Could you try it?
Yep, for your case I would include script, working with old option ID.

Поддержать проект
30.06.2023 23:19
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »