Current time: 18.04.2024, 14:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
ERA III
XEPOMAHT Online
Moderators

(24.03.2023 07:28)Archer30 Wrote:  Yes, they are different. One is a normal attack and one is spell casting. But why should they use different strategies for positions? There is no reason, right? When a hero casts Fireball, the Fireball would appear in exactly the position of mouse-clicking. The same applies to Magog's normal attacks. That's why I stack exp Fireball casting in the mouse-clicking position would also be favored. It follows the original H3 logic.

Потому что в ВоГе это дело сделано костылями: доступ к стеку, по которому кликнули мышью, возможен только по 1 ячейке на поле боя. Соотвественно, чтобы получить ячейку для двухклеточного монстра, нужно сделать пересчёт, потеряв при этом место клика. ВоГ не сохраняет место клика. А код опыта монстра применяет заклиние на кликнутом, не важно как, монстре, а не на кликнутом гексе (т.к. гекс получается из структуры монстра, игнорируя гекс, по которому кликнул игрок). По идее, гекс, в который производится атака, хранится там же в структуре монстра, но ВоГ эту информацию не использует - возможно потому что её можно использовать после физической атаки, а не до, как сделано в ВоГе.
24.03.2023 16:27
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Something weird is happening

This script sets the specialty of all the heroes to Upgrading Pikeman and Cyclops to Cyclops Kings. Yet for some reason, Cyclops are also promoted to upgrade to themselves. And - if you refuse, you are even getting a 25% of stack exp penalty just like you upgraded.

Image: xtS3fOA.png

Latest ERA mods and scripts in development - My GitHub
30.03.2023 17:48
XEPOMAHT Online
Moderators

(30.03.2023 17:48)Archer30 Wrote:  This script sets the specialty of all the heroes to Upgrading Pikeman and Cyclops to Cyclops Kings. Yet for some reason, Cyclops are also promoted to upgrade to themselves. And - if you refuse, you are even getting a 25% of stack exp penalty just like you upgraded.

Потому что под апгрейд по специализации подпадают 4 типов монстров. Так это работает в SoD. И в WoG, соотвественно, так же точно.
30.03.2023 18:56
SergOz Offline

Archer30, так получается только если в специализации героя выставить существо для улучшения и улучшенное существо такими, которые можно улучшить в городе, при наличии соответствующей постройки. То есть: Циклопов в Королей Циклопов, Кавалеристов в Чемпионов, Гогов в Магогов и так далее. Если ты поменяешь Циклопов на любое другое существо - такого бага не будет.

Карта-мод "Война на Холсте"
(This post was last modified: 30.03.2023 19:45 by SergOz.)
30.03.2023 19:18
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

SergOz, this is a known issue? Thanks. after replacing Cyclops, the bug is resolved. Yet I still need the Cyclops to Cyclops King specialty.

01.04.2023 04:33
SergOz Offline

Archer30, может быть через !?FU(OnHeroScreenMouseClick) можно?
В том смысле, чтобы блокировать вызов диалога улучшения, если в слоте Короли Циклопов.
Я, правда, не знаю как можно отследить двойной клик Sorry

(This post was last modified: 01.04.2023 09:00 by SergOz.)
01.04.2023 08:32
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

SergOz,

FU(OnDetermineMonInfoDlgUpgrade) works ok for setting new upgrades for specific creatures/heroes. This allows to set upgrading specialty without HE:X6.
But some of my other scripts require HE:X6 to return correct values, this bug makes it a bit inconvenient.

Edit: wait a minute...
A proper fix for this problem:

I believe upgrading to self should be globally disabled in ERA. Noone wants to do that as it's meaningless and costs stack exp.

(This post was last modified: 01.04.2023 09:17 by Archer30.)
01.04.2023 09:06
SergOz Offline

Archer30, да, хорошее решение. 20

01.04.2023 09:21
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Right, should be a global fix.

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
01.04.2023 18:27
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

I wonder if this is intended:
Santa Guard cannot move and melee attack, yet they can shoot. Ideally, the ability to shoot and melee attack should be the same. Otherwise, Master Gremlins get too many advantages as they are the only type of guards that can attack.

My suggestion is to enable the melee attack for Santa Guards. This balances ranged guards and melee a bit. Seeing a troop that cannot attack doesn't make much sense in the first place.

(This post was last modified: 09.04.2023 04:48 by Archer30.)
08.04.2023 06:09
Berserker Offline
Administrators

You mean guards, granted by wog default stack experience settings?

Поддержать проект
08.04.2023 15:12
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Berserker, not exactly. The guards are given by Santa Gremlins' hardcoded ability, and WoG stack experience ability upgrades the guards from level 1 unupgraded troops to level 1 upgraded troops. In the case the hero belongs to the Tower faction, the upgraded guards are Master Gremlins, which are the type of guards that can attack as they can shoot.

(This post was last modified: 09.04.2023 04:51 by Archer30.)
09.04.2023 04:50
Berserker Offline
Administrators

So the issue is wog experience settings. Maybe just change them to provide more non-upgraded guards?

Поддержать проект
09.04.2023 22:20
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Berserker, this is not an exp ability problem. What if there is a 13th faction and the 1st non-upgrade can shoot? Also in some mod, Centaur may be able to shoot without exp.

Currently, Santa has two abilities. one is upgraded guards, and the other is more guards.

I am happy with two solutions:
a. Give the guards the ability to melee, just like they can shoot.
b. Disable the guards' ability to shoot, just like they should not melee. If this is adopted, it's preferred automatically skip the guards' turn as it's meaningless clicking the defend button.

09.04.2023 22:27
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Seems like b is intended solution, because guards are not summoned creatures, they should not move or shoot. Though there is no easy way to distinguish between them and regular stacks, afair.

Поддержать проект
10.04.2023 03:12
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »