Current time: 13.04.2024, 17:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
ERA III
Valery Offline

The last Era installation comes without WoG scripts mod....
08.11.2021 10:23
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Valery, starting from Era 3.0.0 WoG Scripts/Yona/Secondary Skills Scrollings and Fast Battle Animation mods are not part of Era installer.

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
08.11.2021 11:50
Valery Offline

Well, this puts an end to any mods written before. People download the Era gaming build, of course my mods don't work with because the "load only these scripts" is obsolete now. Then I redirect these people to download Era 3 alone, they report mods not working. Then they have to search wog scripts online, which isn't easy, and when they finally find it, they install then report again errors because they didn't know (how should they) that WoG scripts has to be under other mods, for priority.

In all, this became a chaotic state of Era, and I really don't understand such radical decisions who harm everything coded for previous versions.
I came to regret the time I spent on, which now looks like a terrible waste.
08.11.2021 12:12
Bes Offline

решение Berserker'а понятное и логичное, дабы избавить себя, как разработчика ERA, от лишних морок с прочими модами...
Но дабы не возникали вот такие накладки, как описал Валерий, можно же рядом с ссылкой на скачивание ERA размещать и ссылку на глобальный WoG Scripts мод...
Приоритеты расстановки базовых модов уже надо расписывать авторам тех карт/модов, которые и используют WoG Scripts как основу.

Image: team-supermod.gif
08.11.2021 13:19
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Valery, upload your own self-extracting exe-archive with any Era version, packed with arbitrary mods, Mods\list.txt, HD mod and what so ever, and redirect everyone to the link.
Just let me know if you need any help with package making.

You may go further and upload the whole own working assembly. Why should I maintain forever the same old ERM 1 mods set, same engine, same scripts, etc? When I want to play any game, I have to download dozens of actual mod versions manually or use ready-to-use package, but I never write to scripts engine author, that he/she must keep everything the same for years in a single package. Besides, Era 3 is major change from Era 2, I didn't touch any Era 2 package contents.

Just think about it. I do not fix bugs in WoG Scripts and do not maintain old mods at all. It's reasonable, that it's not my task and my sphere of interest. It's a global tendency to extract code/data into reusable blocks to be able to update blocks by different people. Now many other people participated in modding by writing their own fixes, updates. Nobody expect me to review and include their patches in the main package.

Whenever you want fixed set of mods (not more, not less), make your own assembly/package and do not blame the others. I don't make such packages anymore and use the one from Panda or daemon_n.

If you want to freeze something (core engine version, mods lists), the only way without distributed package manager is to host your own version of the game.

Поддержать проект
09.11.2021 16:38
daemon_n Offline
Administrators

Предлагаю для ExecErmCommand добавить поддержку констант и вставку из буфера обмена, если возможноRolleyes

Всё чаще игроки жалуются на зависание игры, связанное с переполнением и уходом в минус AI_Value. Есть возможность повысить лимит или что-то иное придумать с этим?

Image: widget.png?style=banner2

Новейший Heroes 3 Launcher
14.11.2021 08:45
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Константы существуют лишь на этапе прекомпиляции, ExecErmCmd очень прост в реализации.
AI_Value можно рискнуть поделить все на определённое число.

Поддержать проект
14.11.2021 11:27
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Berserker, I wonder if the variable synchronization mechanism (to a remote PC) can be improved.

From my tests, there is no decent way to keep the variables synchronized. The timing of using IP/FU:D command for passing variables are strict and inconvenient.

Code for Testing:
By pressing 4, variables are sent to the other PC
By pressing 5, examine the variables that passed
Ideally, when I press 4, the variables are defined and passed to another PC, and I should be able to examine these vars by pressing 5 on another PC. However, it looks like this code doesn't work outside of battle, which makes it inconvenient and not being able to use in some cases.

What's the ideal timing for passing and receiving variables as for now? I've done some tests with the list of triggers by Algor, please find the result here:

Начало боя (с тактической фазой)
Conclusion:
Earliest timing for sending variables to another PC: OnBeforeBattlefieldVisible
Earliest timing for receiving variabels: OnBattleRound & v997=0

From my tests, there is a gap between sending and receiving variables, for example, you can't send at OnBeforeBattlefieldVisible and check at the same trigger on another PC, the variables are not passed yet. The main problem I need help is:
Is there any chance to have variable received on another PC earlier than OnBattleRound & v997=0 ?

Receiving at BR is very late, which is later than Tactic Phase. The variable I wanted to pass is the stats of henchmen. With timing later than Tactic Phase, it just doesn't make sense - the henchman stack has to be generated at BR since the variables are only synced at this phase, and obviously, players won't accept popping up a new stack after they managed every stack on the battlefield.

Latest ERA mods and scripts in development - My GitHub
(This post was last modified: 12.02.2022 18:15 by Archer30.)
16.11.2021 07:17
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Archer30, sorry, seems like there is no easy solution currently. The best solution would be probably automatical saving and full save game transfer before battle, but I cannot implement it currently.

Поддержать проект
16.11.2021 17:21
daemon_n Offline
Administrators

Berserker, так а дать возможность работать ресеиверу !!IP начиная с триггера !?IP можно?

Image: widget.png?style=banner2

Новейший Heroes 3 Launcher
16.11.2021 17:45
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Он работает в любое время. Данные отправляешь. Но их никто не принимает или не принимает не в том время. Нет точки синхронизации.

Поддержать проект
16.11.2021 18:23
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Berserker, thanks, I understand. I will try to arrange the timing of henchman in PVP with existing tools.

(This post was last modified: 17.11.2021 05:03 by Archer30.)
17.11.2021 04:54
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Archer30, thanks for you for detailed report. In fact it's a great problem, I made notes about it.

Поддержать проект
17.11.2021 12:23
Archer30 Offline
Moderators

Berserker, I wonder if setting -1 in json for disabling main menu video can be improved

Code:
{
  "era": {
    "acredit_pos": {
      "x": "-1",//main menu position
      "y": "-1"
    }
  }
}

It works well for disabling the video. However, a side effect is that it also blocks the interaction with "Credit" button from the main menu.

(This post was last modified: 28.11.2021 23:10 by Archer30.)
28.11.2021 22:11
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Yep, already saw the effect. Thanks.

Поддержать проект
28.11.2021 23:07
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »