Current time: 24.03.2024, 07:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Era new site?
Bes Offline

(26.09.2014 23:27)gamecreator Wrote:  
(26.09.2014 21:53)Valery Wrote:  Well, I try to come up with easy google names. Heroes3 is a better google than homm
No, "heroes" is too broad. I always use "homm" to find info about the game.
132 полностью согласен с этим..
можно даже более целенаправлено через #homm3 или применительно к модам - #hmm3_modding 118
27.09.2014 00:34
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Berserker Offline
Administrators

wake of gods лидирует по запросам в Яндексе. wog/era далеко позади, если вместе.

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
27.09.2014 00:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
orzie Offline

We could use In the Wake of Gods: Era edition, but it's still unclear if it will work the best and if Era will stay along with WoG.

An idea of the site is awesome. An extended description for each mod, links, bugs and discussion would be also outstanding, yet I don't know about Sal's plans.
27.09.2014 11:52
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valery Offline

It is already bought (wakeofgods.org for 2 years, 20 Go), but transaction will be 100% done on Tuesday as my bank requires me to approve personally each online transaction, I was scammed 4 months ago (chinese dicks buying panama-honolulu airplanes tickets with my credit card)

The optimal idea would be (I have no idea if it is possible) that every mod maker has the possibility to enter the part of the site allowed to his mod, update, advertise and rework the design. It would be like partitioning a HDD, with one or multiple administrator accesses, then each mod maker access on demand, and for a specific area. Even if it sounds complicate, it will certainly be required only for 4-5 constantly updated mods, as Phoenix, Succession Wars, HoL, maybe Sagamosa (if he comes back) so not really 500 guys running and changing things inside.

I am totally noob in html or web design so could be quite long to do. But will be there for upload first.
(This post was last modified: 27.09.2014 19:34 by Valery.)
27.09.2014 19:19
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Only Succession Wars having its own place on modsdb site is being updated )

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
27.09.2014 20:02
Valery Offline

Had a few emails exchange with Jim too, he is still working on wog and updating his mods. Will see.
27.09.2014 20:20
orzie Offline

Hmm, that domain name sounds cool and definitely useful for promo, yet I am a bit afraid that people will come for wog 3.59 on the first place.

If I understand correctly, you intend a creation of a fully functional modding portal. I guess you might want to use some html templates since there are is a selection of already working modding portals (fallout, gothic, etc.)

I may also participate in 3.59 development, so I could be responsible for its info as well.
29.09.2014 12:01
Valery Offline

Where do you see so much interest for 3.59? People asked a few times during those 8 years of delay, now everybody understood the project is dead and buried.

But if any data is released one day, I will host it, naturally.
29.09.2014 14:23
gamecreator Offline

orzie, Era is the next best thing to 3.59. Also a note can be put about available alpha build for those who look exactly for 3.59 and not for some post-3.58f progress.

When all gods have burnt to ashes in eternity of sorrow,
Demons gonna tear your soul because there is no tomorrow.
29.09.2014 14:33
orzie Offline

Quote:now everybody understood the project is dead and buried.

That was that way until we created a moddb page for it.
Now it gets twice more views than the Succession Wars page which is constantly updated. That says something.

Well, if only I had more time, I guess, I would be compiling a new promo video with new commanders myself.

Aside from that, I will support almost every idea related to topic. A site with mods is a must.
29.09.2014 23:04
Valery Offline

Bersy, we have a domain name (for 2 years) + web hosting as of today. So what next?
(This post was last modified: 30.09.2014 18:13 by Valery.)
30.09.2014 18:13
Algor Away
Administrators

Valery Wrote:So what next?
Inscription "Under construction..." on the main page.
Надпись "Здесь будет город заложен На зло надменному соседу" на главной странице.

BattleHeroes Rus/Eng | ERA scripts (+ReMagic) Rus/Eng
30.09.2014 18:44
Valery Offline

If only I knew how to get to main page. ^^

I see web.com offers design tools for only 2$, is this worth?
(This post was last modified: 30.09.2014 19:13 by Valery.)
30.09.2014 18:47
orzie Offline

Лучше и дату поставить, чтобы было видно, что не с 2003 закладывают.

Two bucks sounds like a nominal fee. The free instrumentary might be a total crap though.
(This post was last modified: 01.10.2014 19:02 by orzie.)
01.10.2014 19:01
Valery Offline

Phew damn scammers. I open my mail and see this:

Hi there Rogacev Valeriu,

Domain Name: wakeofgods.org (Account #65327)
This email is being sent out to you because search registration for wakeofgods.org is pending.
Please register these domains to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo ASAP to avoid late fees.

Registering for search engines would help you show up in search results and increase your online presence.

You can register your domain at: here

We sincerely appreciate your business! If you require anything, we are at your service.

Remember… If you do not register your domain with the search engines, it may not appear in the search engine listing when people are looking for you. Failure to complete your domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may make it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web. Complete your search engine registration today at: http://www.searchregistry.org

I go to complete registration and it gives this 85
02.10.2014 21:25
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »