Current time: 24.03.2024, 08:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Unleashed Editor
» Продвинутый редактор карт от RoseKavalier
Berserker Offline
Administrators

It would be too easy for release, my friend. Mod installed, update check performed — passed.

But menu translation failed. Do you convert UTF-8 to Ansi?
https://yadi.sk/i/-9rQnbgqmhstVw

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
27.04.2020 01:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoseKavalier Offline

I converted UTF-8 using local codepage CP_ACP which worked fine on VM, do I have to force 1251/1252 ?

Image: IpCKXT0.png
(This post was last modified: 27.04.2020 02:23 by RoseKavalier.)
27.04.2020 02:20
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Should be CP_ACP, but I definitely see garbage on system with code page = 1251 (

Поддержать проект
27.04.2020 02:58
V_Maiko Offline

Berserker, I have a better idea, why this program cannot be integrated in future versions of ERA? I really think it's worth it and would be a better replacement to the wog map editor. It may not be an official wog team application, but I think you can do the same as you did by replacing the old ERM editor with Sublime Text. More than a mod, it is a very beneficial tool, in fact, I think that if you do a good job adapting it and with more updates you can expand many new possibilities in ERA.
27.04.2020 06:40
Berserker Offline
Administrators

V_Maiko, because any package, that integrate more and more third-party software, becomes slow for updates, hard to maintain and full of bugs. Decomposition is the best strategy to handle growing complexity.

Поддержать проект
27.04.2020 06:46
Berserker Offline
Administrators

There are two unsolved issues:
1) If Firewall blocks the editor, we see update error each time, we try to open it:

Image: image.png

It would be nice to hide this message and add config to json to disable autoupdates. In a few years update server may be owned by hackers or nobody.

2) Even simpliest tiny map, created in Unleashed Editor, cannot be opened in WoG editor anymore. This is a real disaster:
https://dropmefiles.com/b4mKD

Maybe it only affects maps of non-standard sizes like 255 or 17?

Поддержать проект
26.06.2021 01:53
Valery Offline

Wasn't created with this editor - which I don't have installed, is just that I forgot XXL mod enabled as I was testing tew4. So map needs XXL mod and it is 18x18 (which occurs when you select 36x36 in xxl mod)
Sorry for the trouble.
26.06.2021 02:04
RoseKavalier Offline

1) look at Unleashed.ini 116
The update link is github, highly doubtful that ever goes away.

2) non-standard map sizes are not supported without Unleashed, can't expect it to be otherwise.
26.06.2021 02:20
Berserker Offline
Administrators

RoseKavalier ok, got it, thanks. I just use assembly, didn't recheck the ini file Sorry

Поддержать проект
26.06.2021 02:28
Panda Away
Moderators

Berserker, Unleashed Editor в сборке я не трогал со времен последней не Лаунчер-сборки Димона версии 304.
В конфигурации ini есть пункт "Update", и там стоит 1, т.е. обновление включено. Могу его выключить, если нужно. В чистой сборке кстати, Unleashed Editor нет.

Тот, кто просыпается рано - жаворонок, поздно - сова. А тот, кто плохо спит и ходит с черными кругами под глазами - панда!
26.06.2021 07:26
Berserker Offline
Administrators

RoseKavalier, maybe just don't show error message on failed update? We want to allow updates, but also obey the firewall rules in target system.

Поддержать проект
26.06.2021 18:50
RoseKavalier Offline

Berserker, asking for the plugin to update itself but letting it fail silently seems counter-intuitive (and anti-patternish). When a required action fails, one should expect to be informed that it failed instead of thinking it actually worked; here it means thinking there is no new version available whereas in reality there might be a new one.

One issue I do see is there is no way to modify the ini options from within the editor, leading many users to erroneously think these options are hardcoded. When I finish reworking the editor api, this is one thing I will add.
Making available to the user the option of turning off the auto-update might then be an option by opening the edit ini options dialog on startup and showing current options.
26.06.2021 20:13
Berserker Offline
Administrators

RoseKavalier, nope. We have most of the programs with auto-update feature like Opera autoupdate service or sublime text editor, but it's ok that they fail silently, because it's normal to work without internet or with firewall blocking disallowed outer connections.

Поддержать проект
26.06.2021 22:06
Goponfs Offline

I downloaded the base. When i try to generate a random map with 252x252 it say "Cannot generate random map"
27.06.2021 14:14
RoseKavalier Offline

Get yourself a RMG template with the new map sizes, base package only has default RMG.txt.
28.06.2021 03:23
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »