Current time: 23.03.2024, 07:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Questions and Answers
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

Succubus will probably be there as magic commander of Inferno.
20.10.2008 20:58
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RamonXick Offline

Вопрос 
And How about this guy??

Image: acolyte_s.jpg

I am an Indonesian Guy!!!
21.10.2008 08:10
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

Either he or succubus will be the magic commander. We haven't decided yet.
21.10.2008 17:24
Dairy Offline

Almost two weeks has passed from the last asnwer about the site. Seriously, c'mon. I really appreciate your work CoreWog team, but all fans , including me are waiting really long and the announcement of new official site is the best thing in last days...(weeks maybe). I know, we need to have patience and you should take your time about everything to make it perfect and as good as possible in case of our (fans) happyness. Anyway... nobody is replying here.

I would like to see all news and things about Wog.

Do you co-operate with the HotA team ? If not, are you at least "friends" - I mean, do you give advices ,tips and so to each other ?

Who is the leader now ? (leader of CoreWog I mean)

In the end I have to thank you and I'm glad somebody is still working on Wog. Sm

(?)Wog is dead, CoreWog for win !
(This post was last modified: 23.10.2008 04:48 by Dairy.)
23.10.2008 04:46
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Sorry, guys, but I think you overestimate current WoG-Team. It consists of men with romantic mentality. For them time means nothing. Two years, or maybe four - no matter. The main thing is realization of all dreams and powerfull ideas. Thus you should not rely on any wog release in the near future.

Quote:Do you co-operate with the HotA team ? If not, are you at least "friends" - I mean, do you give advices ,tips and so to each other ?
There was a conflict between CoreWoG Team and me, and the leader of HotA in the past. So you can imagine that there is no cooperation at all.

Now we stay on neutral positions.

Quote:Who is the leader now ? (leader of CoreWog I mean)
They should have called CoreWoG team - CoreWoG Republic, cause there is no leader at all and decisions are made after polls.

Quote:In the end I have to thank you and I'm glad somebody is still working on Wog.
I think it would be better to open sources of wog to the heroes community, but ZVS does not think so Sm "Still working" does not concern realization of any scripts - just a bit of work on exe and graphics (but very slowly). Meanwhile there are a lot of ideas and plans for (imo) another 4-8 years.

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
23.10.2008 10:21
Corwin Offline
Administrators

Well, that was the point of view of the most pessimistic person. 87 He often write similar ideas, that "Atlantium has fallen, all is lost" and other tragical lamentations. 89 CoreWOG team do not share his opinion.Sm
Now I will answer:
It takes so long with the site because there is some other things to do and some сircumstances in my private life. But eventually I will finish itSm Soon - it is almost finished. It will not be fantastic or extremely perfect site Sm. Simple site with official information and other materials of WOG.

There is really no cooperation with HOTa team, but there is also no conflict. They have different aims and different plans. It is two different projects. But some local mutual help and interactions between some members of both teams periodically occurs.

We really do not have one leader. I just try to see an overall picture and to co-ordinate work, connect its parts together.

Yes, we have a lot of plans and powerful ideas. We work on code, graphics and scripts, but we trust in success. Otherwise, we wouldn't even take this mission.
Always there is someone who laments and grumbles, and others, who just does the work without paying attention to lamentationSm

Не балуйтесь.
23.10.2008 13:37
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

Maybe we will co-operate with HotA team in future.

Berserker Wrote:Two years, or maybe four - no matter. The main thing is realization of all dreams and powerfull ideas.
If we were going to implement all powerfull ideas we have, it would require a couple of years indeed. But we aren't going to do that Sm Most big ideas would be postponed untill after 3.59 release.
Anyway, the time needed to finish WoG 3.59 is indeed underestimated by people. As I said on Celestial Heavens, my estimation is the end of 2009 year, but this estimation is extremely rough.
(This post was last modified: 23.10.2008 14:39 by GrayFace.)
23.10.2008 14:28
Dikkekoninghenk Offline

why was beserkerers post deleted? he just gave his opinion about WOG in a polite way. nothing wrong with that IMO.

he also mentioned the idea of making WOG open source in wich i slightly agree. the only moment when 3.59 can become open source is when it functions as a solid framework. a (nearly) bugfree piece of software. it would take less time to make all those scripts because many people can add scripts, units or towns.

but again, this is all to the CoreWog team to decide. keep on doing the good work and I'm still very interested in the coming website.

ps. don't forget to look at the VCMI team, they are also doing great stuff. i wonder wich project will be the first to be released. VCMI 1.0 or WOG 3.59 :P
24.10.2008 11:28
Berserker Offline
Administrators

Quote:why was beserkerers post deleted? he just gave his opinion about WOG in a polite way. nothing wrong with that IMO.
My post was taken as negative, so I erased it but you were able to read it that is good Sm

Now I'm working on a debugger for wog 3.58f and TE and in future maybe scripts builder for those who don't like ERM. Also I have a big Mod for Wog but unfortunaly it's in russian and translator does not response. Of course I could translate script myself but not manual! It's too big. Bad

Поддержать проект
24.10.2008 11:46
Totoro Offline

Восклицание 
I wish someone will heed this because there is something that WoG-team should pay attention to. Nothing major but somewhat important.

We know that Thunderbirds can cast lightning bolt after they attack and that's pretty awesome isn't it?
What is more awesome is that WoG allows us to create unique abilities for any creature we desire with stack experience, including to cast spells when they attack.
Now, what is wrong is that these spells deal always same damage unlike Thunderbirds whose lightning bolt deals damage that depends on the amount of Thunderbirds in the particular stack.
So, the damage that is dealt by these stack experience given spells should also depend on something, hero's spell power for example so it could be modified with scripts.

31.01.2009 14:54
BAD Offline

(31.01.2009 14:54)Totoro Wrote:  I wish someone will heed this because there is something that WoG-team should pay attention to. Nothing major but somewhat important.

We know that Thunderbirds can cast lightning bolt after they attack and that's pretty awesome isn't it?
What is more awesome is that WoG allows us to create unique abilities for any creature we desire with stack experience, including to cast spells when they attack.
Now, what is wrong is that these spells deal always same damage unlike Thunderbirds whose lightning bolt deals damage that depends on the amount of Thunderbirds in the particular stack.
So, the damage that is dealt by these stack experience given spells should also depend on something, hero's spell power for example so it could be modified with scripts.

well, I already created a script for that and will be in 3.59.....
10 Thunderbirds will do 100 damage, not 10 anymore, also if hero is magician and have artifacts or sorcery, will receive a % and thunderbirds will do more too...

Well, that was only an example...

I'm BAD (abbreviation from my name), also known as Archangel and other names. I tell you this: good gives me comfort, bad(evil) gives me increased motivation to survive and succeed in greatness.
Hearthstone (legend), Diablo3 (GR90+ solo), WoW, other games. I do bodybuilding, martial arts, programming, mods for video games.
My twitter : https://twitter.com/Archangel2736
(This post was last modified: 10.02.2009 20:22 by BAD.)
31.01.2009 17:48
Berserker Offline
Administrators

I don't think English forum here is a good idea but team decided so.
The problem is that very few of us can speak English at a needed level.
Another problem is speed of work. Fans usually want rapid result but we are live people and in reality everything goes slower.

BAD, nice avatar Sm
I'm dreaming of a automatic machine translator for forums so no language barriers would exist anymore 20

Поддержать проект
08.02.2009 18:07
%username%

Romanticism and republican democracy is something no one should ever stick with. For too long.
14.02.2009 23:28
Quote this message in a reply
jadedking Offline

this might be a little random but is there any chance that the online play capabilities have been improved/solidified? cuz i would be really impressed if i could play a game using peer to peer with ip addresses but it's always been fishy.
28.02.2009 13:38
Doom3d Offline

(03.10.2008 05:27)Dairy Wrote:  6.)Scripts, what about scripts ? The last version 3.58 got double as much scripts as the version before, will this happen even with 3.59 if you compare it with 3.58 ?

(I mean, for example -> version before 3.58 got 40 -> 3.58 got 80 scripts -> 3.59 will get 160 ?

Currently I'm working on script 130, option 330. We may not have as many as you would like to see, but we hardly try.. Dash1 Unfortunately, scripting takes some time. We also have some built in limitation.
28.02.2009 23:48
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »