Current time: 23.03.2024, 05:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Questions and Answers
Valery Offline

wow, thank you, it is a great guide for me! From now even HoTA graphic artist will learn from meGigi

Now going to try all this. 132
23.10.2009 02:33
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Astaroth Offline

I am always glad to help! if you need something, then you can contact!
23.10.2009 02:37
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

(20.10.2009 18:19)Valery Wrote:  Thanks for the tool, if you could just paste here the russian read me would be great, so I can copy/traduce it. The text I downloaded does not recognize cyrilic thus I can't translate it.
Here it is (Click to View)
The main purpose of this thing is to display semi-transparent pictures.

(21.10.2009 23:00)Valery Wrote:  Now: how should I script this to CANCEL shooting ability if v100>=0? I mean, the cursor shows shooting but the action is canceled and the creature can only attack melee.
I think setting creature Shoots value to 0 should work. Use the DO receiver to change shoots count for all monsters. You can update them after each shot, so that the player can see bullets count by just clicking on monsters.
23.10.2009 04:12
Valery Offline

Thats very interesting, I did not think of. So setup the shoots value to 100 (why zero? and visible when clicking on) and update after each shoot action. The only problem would be storing the remaining shoots between battles, as there are not 100 shoots/battle, but for all battles. But this can be done by decreasing v99 (AMMO value) with every shoot and store it at the end, moving the result to next battle as creature shoots value.
Thanks. I will post my beta script as soon as it will be ready, as for now I am stucked in photoshop graphics (there is so much to do..)
(This post was last modified: 23.10.2009 06:57 by Valery.)
23.10.2009 06:54
Valery Offline

I have a problem: I created a sound txt file and compiled it to a wog file, with some wavs to change some creatures attacks. The update went well, but in battle the sounds are the same, even if I changed the right ones.
Is there an additional step for this which I am not aware of?

Example: changed PLCHSHOT.WAV. This is the shooting sound for power lich, right? I have uploaded a new one to Heroes.snd but it is still the same inside. What are the steps for uploading a new wav? Placing it in data does nothing, it does not work as battle1-10.wavs or Horse20-30.wavs, which are readed from data if changed.
(This post was last modified: 25.10.2009 04:04 by Valery.)
25.10.2009 03:57
gamecreator Offline

i compiled 2 snd's into one by unpacking initial snd's, combining their contents into one and then packing new content into snd.

When all gods have burnt to ashes in eternity of sorrow,
Demons gonna tear your soul because there is no tomorrow.
25.10.2009 11:58
GrayFace Offline
Forum Moderators

Change their extensions to .82m. This should make them read from Data.
25.10.2009 14:00
Valery Offline

@Gamecreator: this is what I have done, but could not import them (update says ok, but still the old wav in side)
@Grayface: you are the man. It worked!
Any idea why battle wav. works but creatures sounds not when wav? My initial idea was to create an empty wav in snd then use various 82m from data regarding the creature actions. More than actual.
(This post was last modified: 25.10.2009 17:18 by Valery.)
25.10.2009 17:15
gamecreator Offline

Valery, i didn't import them. i made new snd from all old files and replaced new file. and then i replaced old snd with new. i made it with sndvid editor

25.10.2009 23:32
Valery Offline

I see. You did that because there is no way to import and replace wavs or it was a personal choice? Because if someone choose to do like you, he has to put in upload the whole new snd. and this is huge...
25.10.2009 23:55
gamecreator Offline

it was my personal choice. i didn't try anything else. but, afaik, that program allows appending new wavs into existing snd

26.10.2009 00:11
gamecreator Offline

no, it doesn't. but you can add actions sequence, that user must do to install your mod. almost all of them (at least, russian-speaking) can do it.

26.10.2009 00:30
Valery Offline

I am a bit confused. I did a test and placed empty sound for one unit in data (PLCHSHOT.82m). Then added the code:

!?BG0;
!!BG:A?v4; action shoot
!!VRz10:S^..\data\newshoot.82m^;
!!SN&v4=7:Pz10; Play it now !

When Powerlich shoots I hear the new sound. When other units shoot I hear only the new sound too (normal) but I should hear both sounds, the original and the new one, as I did not placed their respective empty shoot snd in data.

So far, it seems useless to place an empty attack sound in data. The new 82m replace the original even with different name. Maybe thats how it should work, I was not sure. The good thing is that we can play a different custom sound for each action (defend, move, shoot, wait) but surely you all already know this. The only problem I have is for !!BG:A6; (walk and attack) as I added walk sound compiled with attack sound but the attack sound comes either too early or too late, regardless how far the unit moves...

I will try to remove walk sound from A6, maybe it should have only attack, despite the ERM name.
(This post was last modified: 26.10.2009 07:28 by Valery.)
26.10.2009 07:21
Berserker Offline
Administrators

!?BG0;
!!BG:A?v4 N?v5; action shoot
!!BMv5:T?v6;
!!FU&v6<>[Power Lich Num]:E;
!!VRz10:S^..\data\newshoot.82m^;
!!SN&v4=7:Pz10; Play it now !

Скачать Герои 3 Эра и всё, что с ней связано / ERA 2.46f для старых модов
Поддержать проект
26.10.2009 16:21
Valery Offline

Thank you Efrit, I know how to assign a sound to a specific creature in BG (see page 17 with BG commands). I was only asking if we have to place an empty PLCHSHOT.wav in data before assigning newshoot.82m to replace it (I was thinking the game will read both sounds). But it seems not, it reads only the .82m from data.
(This post was last modified: 26.10.2009 19:49 by Valery.)
26.10.2009 19:31
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »