Current time: 23.03.2024, 10:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Language: english | russian  

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Questions and Answers
Valery Offline

Ah? That would be great. I always dreamed about having a movie as introduction. Can Smacker compress already compressed AVI? I don't get the idea. So far, the problem is that Heroes does not play compressed files, and all AVI files are kinda compressed. ERM help says as well that only AVI are able to play, so smk/bik will not play. Is it true?
07.07.2009 01:43
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Qwertyus Offline

Well, this is *old* Smacker (3.0) settings:
Image: 83da0bf8f3cat.jpg
Добавлено:
Already compressed AVI may be not so suitable for some reasons (color depth, frame rate, compressed audio streams). But you can try it (with new version of Smacker). But don't use Bink audio compression, game can't read it properly. And if you use new Smacker, you will need to update SmackW32.dll in "Heroes" folder.

Quote:ERM help says as well that only AVI are able to play, so smk/bik will not play. Is it true?
If you want use ERM to play video, I think it must be uncompressed avi. May be CoreWoG Team can do something with this, I don't know. Smk files may be used to replace the old ones.

Абонент временно недоступен...
(This post was last modified: 07.07.2009 02:24 by Qwertyus.)
07.07.2009 02:05
Valery Offline

I tried exactly all settings from your screen but I have an error message when trying to open the AVI. I will try with different AVI files to see what is wrong. I don't have any not compressed AVI on my computer, except movies from MM6 and Heroes, which are already read. Thanks again Sm
(This post was last modified: 07.07.2009 10:09 by Valery.)
07.07.2009 10:07
Darkloke Offline

(07.07.2009 10:07)Valery Wrote:  I don't have any not compressed AVI on my computer, except movies from MM6 and Heroes, which are already read. Thanks again Sm
If i remember corectly u can use virtualdub to convert any avi to uncompressed format.
07.07.2009 16:48
MOP Offline
Moderators

Excuse me. For !!IF-command AVI must have uncompressed format or RLE-compression. DivX, XviD and another codecs no suppоrted. Image: sad.gif

Circle of destruction, hammer comes crushing
Powerhouse of energy
Whipping up a fury, dominating flurry
We create the battery
07.07.2009 18:54
Valery Offline

There is no way to change an AVI compressed to uncompressed format, Darkloke, are you sure? I already search for all internet and all answers I got were that is not possible. I will try virtual dub to see.
07.07.2009 19:28
Qwertyus Offline

Valery, with old Smacker you definitely need uncompressed video sources. And for best results use Mixer to process an audio stream separately from video. Smack the video stream only, then overlay an audio stream to it. And VirtualDub will help you with this.

(This post was last modified: 07.07.2009 19:44 by Qwertyus.)
07.07.2009 19:42
Valery Offline

Qwertyus, if the video source is uncompressed, there is no need to change, the game will play it. Did I miss something here?
07.07.2009 19:56
Qwertyus Offline

Big size of your avi files Ab may be?

07.07.2009 20:06
Valery Offline

Of course not, I use Splitter to have less than 10 seconds AVI for test. I like the idea of having movies when playing, but the uncompressed files take too much space for the few seconds they run. I have no idea how is working, but getting compressed movies to run would be great.
07.07.2009 20:11
Qwertyus Offline

May be you should describe in detail how your video will be inserted into the game? How are you going to use it?

07.07.2009 20:22
Valery Offline

Oh, I see the misunderstood. I am not going to insert it, I just make it play as any bmp. For example, I extracted planet movie from MM6 and made it play in WoG with:

!#VRz359:S^..\data\Planetxp.avi^;
!?OB10/5/0;
!!IF:B5/359/0;
!!IF:P5;
07.07.2009 20:34
Qwertyus Offline

Sorry, it's not describe for me, when this video should be used. If it must be played on the starting/ending of the scenario, then you can use a Campaign format for this and replace with it standard smk file. If it must be played within scenario, in message window for example, then I have no idea how to use an smk format. But may be this possible too?

07.07.2009 21:24
Valery Offline

Yes, the campaign videos must be in smk format. I checked the codes Slava used in his first campaign map and he used smk. I was only speaking about short clips in custom maps. ERM says only AVI work. I tried using the smk format to play it in normal game, but the box is not showing error, but not video as well Sm
07.07.2009 22:29
Valery Offline

Someone asked me if it is possible that a knight starts with succubus as commander. I was sure it can be done, but then I see there is no option to give a commander, other than checking the "general choose commander class", which will give a commander ONLY when a town is visited.

I played a bit with scripts and solved it. Is there any other way?

ZVSE

!#UN:P5/0; [Map isn't wogified]
!#UN:P6/1; [Heroes don't start with Commanders] **if this is /0, then the knights will start with paladin, no matter what is in !?PI following.
!#UN:P900/1; [Stack Experience is enabled]

Then a second event:

ZVSE

!?PI;

!!CO-1:H0; [Set class of Commander's owning hero]
!!CO-1:T3; [Set new Commander type]
!!UN:P6/0; [Heroes start with Commanders] **this must be at the END, do not move

All knights will start with succubus.
15.07.2009 05:44
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »