Wake of Gods Forum | Форум Во Имя Богов
Questions and Answers - Printable Version

+- Wake of Gods Forum | Форум Во Имя Богов (http://wforum.heroes35.net)
+-- Forum: Герои Меча и Магии 3.5 WoG/ERA (/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+--- Forum: Обсуждение WoG (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Forum: English subforum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=64)
+---- Thread: Questions and Answers (/showthread.php?tid=534)

Questions and Answers - RamonXick - 25.09.2008 17:20

HMM.... English Thread n Information Please...

RE: QUESTION... - Dikkekoninghenk - 26.09.2008 18:22

i was wondering if there was any progress with the corewog team, i've heard rumors on http://www.heroescommunity.com people say the corewog team is dead. mabe you can arrange an information transfer of a fusion with this rather promising project: http://antypika.aplus.pl/vcmi/forum/portal.php

succes with the corewog project!
Dikke koning Henk

RE: QUESTION... - GrayFace - 26.09.2008 18:52

CoreWog team is alive and kicking! Soon there will be the new site (not just the forum), new scripting facilities for team members and 'recruitement' of new members.

RamonXick, sorry, I don't understand your message.

RE: QUESTION... - Berserker - 26.09.2008 19:04

RamonXick wants an Engleash thread (this category is almost empty) and information. Everything is quite clear Sm

RE: QUESTION... - Dikkekoninghenk - 27.09.2008 19:41

good to hear that the corewog team is "alive and kicking"!!

i was wondering if you could give me some information about the state of completion of the project, how much is finished? how much work has yet to be done? i recommend to release a "beta" as soon as you reach the bug-testing fase. a lot of wog-players would like to do a little testing and report the bugs. in that way we can have a wog 3.59f out of 3.59 in no time!

what i mean to say is that your product don't have to be perfect,it has to be playable!

greetings,

DikkeKoningHenk

RE: QUESTION... - Dairy - 28.09.2008 05:03

Hello,

This is the best information I've ever heard about Wog. This means the Wog is still alive and going to be released, you guys, gave me hope. Thank you very much.

Good luck.

Cheers.

RE: QUESTION... - RamonXick - 28.09.2008 08:14

Maybe CoreWOG Team can post little information and little screeny to this forum, so we can see the WOG 3.59 progress.. ;-) and the beta bug-testing fase is a good idea...

Cheers.

RE: QUESTION... - Corwin - 28.09.2008 12:15

Of cause, we will post the information about our work and achievements. In addition to forum, we now prepare our new WOG site to opening, where you can find all information about the project.

RE: QUESTION... - Dairy - 28.09.2008 16:03

Will be the the page active until the end of the next week ?

RE: QUESTION... - Dikkekoninghenk - 28.09.2008 21:52

please don't waste too much time on creating a sublime website with loads of stuff and screens, use your precious time to work on 3.59!!! Sm

RE: QUESTION... - RamonXick - 29.09.2008 07:48

Corwin Wrote:Of cause, we will post the information about our work and achievements. In addition to forum, we now prepare our new WOG site to opening, where you can find all information about the project.

IN ENGLISH???

RE: QUESTION... - Berserker - 29.09.2008 10:56

//IN ENGLISH???
In both languages.

RE: Question - Dikkekoninghenk - 29.09.2008 15:41

@RamonXick: you can try google translate to read the russian pages.

RE: Question - Dairy - 02.10.2008 22:03

So this means Wog transformated to CoreWog. Does it mean all the scripts which were developed and which were in progress moved with the team or you're making everything from the scratch ?

The official page will be ready till' the end of this week ? Because I've got so many questions and I don't know if I should write everything here or just wait for the page and read all the informations from there and then after I won't understand something I will come here and ask ?

Anyway, I'm so curious because I'm a fan of Wog for a long time (with my friends as well) and we're waiting like 3 years just to know ANY news from the Wog. I know there are tons of people like us but still I want to let you know that Wog will never loose it's fans and there are many people which love this "Datadisc" but are not online for internet or doesn't have any way to reply because of lack of language or any other reason.

In fact I'm so curious I just can't wait and I want to ask here few things. ( I already talked on ICQ with one of the members I guess I can't tell the name and anything else :P)

1.) There will be 2 commanders per town ?
a) that means one represents might and one magic ?
b) do you have got any concepts of how they'll look like ?
c) do you have got any concepts of they RPG system ?
d) the classic commanders will change I guess because of this system

2.) Sagamosas Advanced Levels - will it be implemented into the new Wog ?
a) you will have new towns, won't you ? -> that means if you will implement the Adv. Levels Sagamosa will have to research new "third" skills for them , did you plan anything like this ? Or did you think about it ?

3.) Will there be any new Campaigns ? Or at least the old ones finished ?
a) I'm really curious about this one because the campaign in last Wog was really enjoyable (and hard 96 ) and good on logical thinking
b) Did you make any new "single scenario" levels (maps) because in the last version of Wog there are no custom maps with WOG theme , I mean - no maps added with the Datadisc.
c) You could make a competition with map makers to make a nice pack of maps for the new version of Wog (CoreWog?) or you've got your own team-mapers ?
d) Or will you add the various maps from the internet ? Because there are many sources with maps for WOG but most of them are not really representative and they might be old if you compare them with the new possibilities of new WOG.

4.) Will you change some of the old Wog neutral creatures like - old commanders, emmisaries or 8th level creatures ?
a) Did you make any new creatures ? Neutral or for any town ? ( I mean neutral for town like Peasant is neutral-castle )
b) Will there be any new hero(s) ?

5.) I found a program upgrade for the map-maker, it got many new awesome functions like changing creature stats, changing the walk possibilities on obstacles etc. - it works with scripts I guess and with this it automaticly adds the scripts to the map without writing them manualy. -> will be this program released with the new Wog but with more functions ?

Ok, I guess this is enough for now. I'll post more questions after some time. I hope I'm not annoying you and I'll be glad if somebody responsible could answer me as much as he can.

Thank you very much and I wish you very good luck in your progress. Sm

Thank you for WOG.

Cheers. :->

RE: Question - Corwin - 03.10.2008 01:42

Wow!Sm
First of all - thank you for good words about fans.Sm It really raises motivation.
Actually, you'll find answers to most of your questions on the site. The site should open maximum in one week. But I will answer some of the questions in short:
1. Yes, there will be 2 commanders per town - might and magic. We're planning a levelup system that would resemble one from Diablo 2
Here you can see sketch of the magic commander of inferno town:
Image: acolyte_s.jpg
And here - might commander:
Image: demonologist_s.jpg
Author - metalpiss
3. We're planning one big campaign, that will include main storyline of WOG 3.59 and three campaigns of three new towns.
4. most of WoG monsters would be remade from scratch, because their quality is too low

All additional and more detailed answers you will get on our site and here laterSm

Thank you for your interest to our projectSm
(and sorry for my English)

RE: Question - Dairy - 03.10.2008 03:16

Thank you very much, I know Metalpiss from Heroescommunity, he's a very good artist. Maybe one day I will become as good 3D artist as he's. Ab

Very nice , the 1st picture is older I guess but the second I see it 1st time. Ab

Yay, new campaign. 96

Awesome Corwin, thank you for your answers. I really appreciate your time to answer. Sm

Long live to wog. Sm wish you good luck and I'm waiting for the official site really much. ^_^

RE: Question - GrayFace - 03.10.2008 03:56

And WoG isn't transformed to CoreWog. We're working together with WoG Team.
2) Yes, definitely.
    a) I haven't tried Sagamosa scripts yet, so I'll ask him about that.
5) Yes, it will be a part of WoG distributive. And I'm planning some new features for it.

RE: Question - Dairy - 03.10.2008 05:27

Thank you for your reply GrayFace.

6.)Scripts, what about scripts ? The last version 3.58 got double as much scripts as the version before, will this happen even with 3.59 if you compare it with 3.58 ?

(I mean, for example -> version before 3.58 got 40 -> 3.58 got 80 scripts -> 3.59 will get 160 ?)

P.S.: It's just a stupid example but I hope you will get the point. Will there be much bigger amount of scripts than in 3.58 ?

a) Will you rebalance some of the scripts from 3.58 ?
b) Will there be a script with double mana ? (like you can have double movement points on every hero but with mana)
c) Will it be bug-free version ? I mean, are you trying to fix the bugs from 3.58 ? Or I guess the amount of new scripts will bring possible bugs so you have to wait for some beta (close beta) to check if there are not problems with bugs ?

I know some of the questions are pure stupid and useless but I want to know the progress, the history and all info. I'm really curious and happy that Wog ain't dead.

RE: Question - Corwin - 03.10.2008 11:31

Yes, the sketch of magic commander Metalpiss did before for another concept, but we liked it, and it was taken with some changes for magic commander.
About scripts - we're planning to do some reorganization of scripts, because there is a lot of strange and never used scripts. There will be new scripts, but I don't think that the number will be doubled. The quality is important, not quantitySm

RE: Question - Dikkekoninghenk - 03.10.2008 17:16

has the corewog team already solved the problem with the maximum amount of units and towns? did you find a new way of adding units to heroes or did you find a way do bypass this hard-coded function?

RE: Question - GrayFace - 03.10.2008 23:09

Not yet.

RE: Question - major - 03.10.2008 23:20

Quote:has the corewog team already solved the problem with the maximum amount of units and towns?
I think it would be done. Don't worry Sm

RE: Question - Dikkekoninghenk - 04.10.2008 17:57

GrayFace Wrote:Not yet.

aii, this is one of the more "essential parts" of WOG IMO. do you have any idea how to solve this problem already? I thought I red somewhere that Slava solved it before he left the WOG community...

RE: Question - GrayFace - 05.10.2008 00:45

No, Slava doesn't remember where he saw this problem. I haven't tried to find it yet.

RE: Question - Dikkekoninghenk - 06.10.2008 22:19

my advise: make this priority no. 1 ! a campain, storyline, website and artwork are cool things but without removing te unit/castle would be no way to add new castles like the Abyss project and that egyptian town. another option is to wait another year because then the VCMI project will hopefully be finished.

RE: Question - Corwin - 08.10.2008 14:02

This is not so big problem, that you think. If we will not find it or couldn't fix it in exe code - we will use another ways to do what we want. But I think that this problem will be fixed in code. The programmers that work on this - good programmersSm

RE: Question - Dikkekoninghenk - 08.10.2008 15:37

Corwin Wrote:This is not so big problem, that you think. If we will not find it or couldn't fix it in exe code - we will use another ways to do what we want. But I think that this problem will be fixed in code. The programmers that work on this - good programmersSm
119 Nice!!!

RE: Question - RamonXick - 12.10.2008 06:39

Ehm... excuse me...

if commander of inferno town replaced with the new one

how about succubus, and where is she??? she's dead 156?

and... 145 20

RE: Question - Corwin - 12.10.2008 15:42

Just little bit patience with the site. I have not finished yet.
RamonXick - and what about succubus? Sm

RE: Question - Dikkekoninghenk - 20.10.2008 04:31

Time, my friend... these guys are making a great website loaded with everything you always wanted to know about 3.59. Be patient! making a website is not THAT easy. when you're near completion there are always severeal small problems that takes time. just relax and within a few weeks we probably have a stunning website up and running!

it occurs to me that the WOG team wants to do things good, really good and takes as much time as possible to archieve the best result :D the same thing about the website Sm

greets,

DikkeKoningHenk

RE: Question - GrayFace - 20.10.2008 20:58

Succubus will probably be there as magic commander of Inferno.

RE: Question - RamonXick - 21.10.2008 08:10

And How about this guy??

Image: acolyte_s.jpg

RE: Question - GrayFace - 21.10.2008 17:24

Either he or succubus will be the magic commander. We haven't decided yet.

RE: Question - Dairy - 23.10.2008 04:46

Almost two weeks has passed from the last asnwer about the site. Seriously, c'mon. I really appreciate your work CoreWog team, but all fans , including me are waiting really long and the announcement of new official site is the best thing in last days...(weeks maybe). I know, we need to have patience and you should take your time about everything to make it perfect and as good as possible in case of our (fans) happyness. Anyway... nobody is replying here.

I would like to see all news and things about Wog.

Do you co-operate with the HotA team ? If not, are you at least "friends" - I mean, do you give advices ,tips and so to each other ?

Who is the leader now ? (leader of CoreWog I mean)

In the end I have to thank you and I'm glad somebody is still working on Wog. Sm

RE: Question - Berserker - 23.10.2008 10:21

Sorry, guys, but I think you overestimate current WoG-Team. It consists of men with romantic mentality. For them time means nothing. Two years, or maybe four - no matter. The main thing is realization of all dreams and powerfull ideas. Thus you should not rely on any wog release in the near future.

Quote:Do you co-operate with the HotA team ? If not, are you at least "friends" - I mean, do you give advices ,tips and so to each other ?
There was a conflict between CoreWoG Team and me, and the leader of HotA in the past. So you can imagine that there is no cooperation at all.

Now we stay on neutral positions.

Quote:Who is the leader now ? (leader of CoreWog I mean)
They should have called CoreWoG team - CoreWoG Republic, cause there is no leader at all and decisions are made after polls.

Quote:In the end I have to thank you and I'm glad somebody is still working on Wog.
I think it would be better to open sources of wog to the heroes community, but ZVS does not think so Sm "Still working" does not concern realization of any scripts - just a bit of work on exe and graphics (but very slowly). Meanwhile there are a lot of ideas and plans for (imo) another 4-8 years.

RE: Question - Corwin - 23.10.2008 13:37

Well, that was the point of view of the most pessimistic person. 87 He often write similar ideas, that "Atlantium has fallen, all is lost" and other tragical lamentations. 89 CoreWOG team do not share his opinion.Sm
Now I will answer:
It takes so long with the site because there is some other things to do and some сircumstances in my private life. But eventually I will finish itSm Soon - it is almost finished. It will not be fantastic or extremely perfect site Sm. Simple site with official information and other materials of WOG.

There is really no cooperation with HOTa team, but there is also no conflict. They have different aims and different plans. It is two different projects. But some local mutual help and interactions between some members of both teams periodically occurs.

We really do not have one leader. I just try to see an overall picture and to co-ordinate work, connect its parts together.

Yes, we have a lot of plans and powerful ideas. We work on code, graphics and scripts, but we trust in success. Otherwise, we wouldn't even take this mission.
Always there is someone who laments and grumbles, and others, who just does the work without paying attention to lamentationSm

RE: Question - GrayFace - 23.10.2008 14:28

Maybe we will co-operate with HotA team in future.

Berserker Wrote:Two years, or maybe four - no matter. The main thing is realization of all dreams and powerfull ideas.
If we were going to implement all powerfull ideas we have, it would require a couple of years indeed. But we aren't going to do that Sm Most big ideas would be postponed untill after 3.59 release.
Anyway, the time needed to finish WoG 3.59 is indeed underestimated by people. As I said on Celestial Heavens, my estimation is the end of 2009 year, but this estimation is extremely rough.

RE: Questions - Dikkekoninghenk - 24.10.2008 11:28

why was beserkerers post deleted? he just gave his opinion about WOG in a polite way. nothing wrong with that IMO.

he also mentioned the idea of making WOG open source in wich i slightly agree. the only moment when 3.59 can become open source is when it functions as a solid framework. a (nearly) bugfree piece of software. it would take less time to make all those scripts because many people can add scripts, units or towns.

but again, this is all to the CoreWog team to decide. keep on doing the good work and I'm still very interested in the coming website.

ps. don't forget to look at the VCMI team, they are also doing great stuff. i wonder wich project will be the first to be released. VCMI 1.0 or WOG 3.59 :P

RE: Questions - Berserker - 24.10.2008 11:46

Quote:why was beserkerers post deleted? he just gave his opinion about WOG in a polite way. nothing wrong with that IMO.
My post was taken as negative, so I erased it but you were able to read it that is good Sm

Now I'm working on a debugger for wog 3.58f and TE and in future maybe scripts builder for those who don't like ERM. Also I have a big Mod for Wog but unfortunaly it's in russian and translator does not response. Of course I could translate script myself but not manual! It's too big. Bad

What is wrong about WoG? - Totoro - 31.01.2009 14:54

I wish someone will heed this because there is something that WoG-team should pay attention to. Nothing major but somewhat important.

We know that Thunderbirds can cast lightning bolt after they attack and that's pretty awesome isn't it?
What is more awesome is that WoG allows us to create unique abilities for any creature we desire with stack experience, including to cast spells when they attack.
Now, what is wrong is that these spells deal always same damage unlike Thunderbirds whose lightning bolt deals damage that depends on the amount of Thunderbirds in the particular stack.
So, the damage that is dealt by these stack experience given spells should also depend on something, hero's spell power for example so it could be modified with scripts.

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - BAD - 31.01.2009 17:48

(31.01.2009 14:54)Totoro Wrote:  I wish someone will heed this because there is something that WoG-team should pay attention to. Nothing major but somewhat important.

We know that Thunderbirds can cast lightning bolt after they attack and that's pretty awesome isn't it?
What is more awesome is that WoG allows us to create unique abilities for any creature we desire with stack experience, including to cast spells when they attack.
Now, what is wrong is that these spells deal always same damage unlike Thunderbirds whose lightning bolt deals damage that depends on the amount of Thunderbirds in the particular stack.
So, the damage that is dealt by these stack experience given spells should also depend on something, hero's spell power for example so it could be modified with scripts.

well, I already created a script for that and will be in 3.59.....
10 Thunderbirds will do 100 damage, not 10 anymore, also if hero is magician and have artifacts or sorcery, will receive a % and thunderbirds will do more too...

Well, that was only an example...

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Berserker - 08.02.2009 18:07

I don't think English forum here is a good idea but team decided so.
The problem is that very few of us can speak English at a needed level.
Another problem is speed of work. Fans usually want rapid result but we are live people and in reality everything goes slower.

BAD, nice avatar Sm
I'm dreaming of a automatic machine translator for forums so no language barriers would exist anymore 20

RE: Questions - %username% - 14.02.2009 23:28

Romanticism and republican democracy is something no one should ever stick with. For too long.

RE: Questions - jadedking - 28.02.2009 13:38

this might be a little random but is there any chance that the online play capabilities have been improved/solidified? cuz i would be really impressed if i could play a game using peer to peer with ip addresses but it's always been fishy.

RE: Question - Doom3d - 28.02.2009 23:48

(03.10.2008 05:27)Dairy Wrote:  6.)Scripts, what about scripts ? The last version 3.58 got double as much scripts as the version before, will this happen even with 3.59 if you compare it with 3.58 ?

(I mean, for example -> version before 3.58 got 40 -> 3.58 got 80 scripts -> 3.59 will get 160 ?

Currently I'm working on script 130, option 330. We may not have as many as you would like to see, but we hardly try.. Dash1 Unfortunately, scripting takes some time. We also have some built in limitation.

RE: Questions - Corwin - 03.03.2009 15:49

Hi people!
Sorry for asynchronized work of russian end english parts of forum, we are still working on that.
DeJay, sorry for problems with clip downloading. Here is your link Sm

RE: Questions - DeJay - 03.03.2009 23:53

thank you very much Corwin. The movie is breathtaking. *nosebleed* @_@

RE: Questions - Corwin - 04.03.2009 14:47

Here you can take the calendar 2009 in englishSm

RE: Questions - Darty - 13.03.2009 20:40

some news plz about wog?a release/beta date?i think it s about time for such a thing
and could you plz resume to us what are all the russian threads about(smth important not all the chat)

RE: Questions - Efrit - 13.03.2009 21:03

We deal all questions about beta-version right now. When we will make decision, we will declare it on our new site (it will be opened in this mounth) and on this forum too.

RE: Questions - Flashback - 13.03.2009 21:15

Efrit Wrote:We deal all questions about beta-version right now. When we will make decision, we will declare it on our new site (it will be opened in this mounth) and on this forum too.
OMG, why I did not know this? )

RE: Questions - Darty - 14.03.2009 00:34

(13.03.2009 21:03)Efrit Wrote:  We deal all questions about beta-version right now. When we will make decision, we will declare it on our new site (it will be opened in this mounth) and on this forum too.

and the new site is http://wog.celestialheavens.com/ or another one? and an aprox release DATE plz if you can of course....

RE: Questions - GrayFace - 14.03.2009 15:19

The new site will be right here. The thing Efrit talks about isn't beta version, it's rather pre-alpha or something like that. Still, there's not approximate date for now.

RE: Questions - Darty - 14.03.2009 15:23

erm...what do u mean by right here?on the forum or what?\cause u said there will be a new SITE but thanks for the answers anyway 132

RE: Questions - Corwin - 14.03.2009 15:44

GrayFace means that new site will be "heroes35.net". All other sites now are abandoned. And I hope you understand that with such kind of work that we have (fun's enthusiast's project) we can't speak about exact release date, because it is no use.

RE: Questions - Darty - 14.03.2009 18:39

though i m a little disappointed cause i haven t found out any more news i thank you for the actuals ones and keep on the good work :D

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Darty - 22.03.2009 14:48

and when will this translator be ready?or at least is anybody working on it?

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Berserker - 22.03.2009 17:57

We tried to use google translate but not everybody liked it.

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Darty - 22.03.2009 22:10

if u can t translate it i think it is a good a ideea even with google translator.at least it is translated...

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Berserker - 22.03.2009 23:21

I think so. Maybe when Personal Forum Panel is finished, we'll return this plugin.

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Darty - 24.03.2009 17:17

(22.03.2009 23:21)Berserker Wrote:  I think so. Maybe when Personal Forum Panel is finished, we'll return this plugin.

i'd rather have the translation thing sooner than a forum panel that is not so usefull in my opinion

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Berserker - 24.03.2009 18:48

Ok, say it to Darkloke and Corwin Sm If they agree the plugin will be turned on again. But I have to say that quolity of translation is quite low.

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Darty - 24.03.2009 19:57

at least i will make an ideea of what's going on :D

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Berserker - 26.03.2009 01:19

You can already use http://translate.google.com/

RE: Questions - The Hai - 29.03.2009 16:19

come on could somebody tell me when the 3.59 is going to be released or a least which month, we are tiered of waiting and we just want a date or month so sorry if you posted the date before cause i dont have the time to read the posts and thanks for any answer.

RE: Questions - Darkloke - 29.03.2009 18:43

(29.03.2009 16:19)The Hai Wrote:  come on could somebody tell me when the 3.59 is going to be released or a least which month
There is no such date and wont be. It is our pricipal position - not to announce any dates at all. You will know about WoG release only when it will be done.

RE: Questions - The Hai - 29.03.2009 19:27

ok is it half done?

RE: Questions - Corwin - 30.03.2009 00:06

3.59 - yes, maybe half already done.

RE: Questions - The Hai - 30.03.2009 00:29

ok thanks for the info cant wait for the game Sm

RE: Questions - Berserker - 30.03.2009 06:08

The Hai, what forum of wog do you visit usually? Heroes Community?

RE: Questions - The Hai - 30.03.2009 20:07

Yes what else is there?

RE: Questions - Berserker - 31.03.2009 01:29

http://www.celestialheavens.com/ for example

RE: Questions - The Hai - 31.03.2009 02:25

isn't this the best wog forum? i mean you are the admins Unsure

RE: Questions - The Hai - 31.03.2009 18:06

ok question, is there a new site? can we have info whats in the game, is there new creatures besides the new town bastion? if you dont want me to reply anymore just tell me 118

RE: Questions - Corwin - 31.03.2009 22:30

Yes, we have new site, but it's very difficult to launch itSm

RE: Questions - The Hai - 31.03.2009 22:37

oh ok please post it here when you do launch it im waiting every day Sm

RE: Questions - Blackened - 05.04.2009 14:05

Keep up the good work, guys! Everyone is awaiting WoG 3.59! To me the most important things, in order of priority, are:

•Balance, bugfixes and stability - WoG 3.58f is really good, but bugs is what make it incomplete.
•New stuff - like even more aspects of developing yourself! I like very much the commander, henchmen, creature leveling, the secondary skill remakes, (so that leveling now is much more useful) and so on!
•Campaigns - the last campaigns were very good, though I didn't liked some things. But I believe they can get better! Especially the one in that you start with a single swordsman, it was so good! But I was never able to complete it, can't remember why.

I may be missing some.

Also, you don't need to make new graphics for the new stuff. I really like the things like the Lava/Arctic Sharpshooters, War Monks, Nightmares, level 8 creatures and such. No, it doesn't looks bad - even if it was made just because it's easy - it's very good!

Yeah, just using the basic functions of Photoshop (like "colorize) is really easy, but it makes very good creatures. I even suggest you take a look at the "Possible Creature" thread at heroescommunity.com - http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=8474&pagenumber=1 - and use something from there.

I have very much suggestions, just if you provide me with some of the information about the game - I believe it's not a secret, you were going to release a website anyway, right? I could even balance numbers, if you have problems with that. I'm not asking to be a part of the WoG team, I just want to help - you need the fans' opinions, right?

RE: Questions - The Hai - 05.04.2009 14:56

Blackened, your right about everything bro! i would like to see level 9 creatures though LOL

RE: Questions - Darty - 05.04.2009 15:02

(05.04.2009 14:56)The Hai Wrote:  Blackened, your right about everything bro! i would like to see level 9 creatures though LOL

neahhh that would be too much.what i suggest that lvl 8 creatures should be different that the lvl 7 creatures with more that just colour...

RE: Questions - The Hai - 05.04.2009 15:13

thats what im hinting 118

RE: Questions - Blackened - 05.04.2009 16:16

Well, level 8 creatures don't HAVE to look like the level 7 ones, but similar. It would sorta suck to have something like Forest Lord for level 8 Gold Dragon, or a Monarch for level 8 Archangel. I mean, it could be good, but if it's separate from the existing level 8 creatures. it's much better to see upgrade for something you already know.

Or actually... I'm not sure about that. But I'm sure that the current level 8 creatures rule!

RE: Questions - The Hai - 05.04.2009 19:06

oh, their stats rule, but the appreances, dont think so just colored.

RE: Questions - Darty - 06.04.2009 02:26

i don t really like their look right now...and as a suggestion to the wog them i think the just change the skin of lvl 8 creatures...

RE: Questions - Blackened - 06.04.2009 14:44

It seems you misunderstood me. Level 8 creatures are good because they are on the base of the upgraded level 7. They will be worse if they change - like a dragon level 8 for the Tower (and dragons have nothing to do with titans).

Indeed, they do need a remake - most of them are just recolored versions of the original ones, and they shouldn't be - when Angels upgrade to Archangels, they change so much; when Archangels "upgrade" to Supreme Archangels, they just change their colors. They should have more stuff on them. Like, Hell Hydras could use an extra head or two. Ghost Behemoths should be remade, because they simply don't fit the Behemoth picture - they should do more damage and be less "stealthy" - they rely more on brute power. Archangels could use a halo over their heads, a better sword and, overall, better equipment. Diamond Dragons should be changed somehow - like when Green Dragons become Gold Dragons, they don't just change their color. Overall, every level 8 could use a remake.

However, current level 8 creatures look good enough to me. I would like more to see new content.

Also, I have a suggestion - make henchmen's stack experience at level 10. I always hated the fact that my ordinary creatures can do things my henchman can't...

RE: Questions - Darty - 06.04.2009 14:55

black i don t know if it s possible what you are saying there that lvl 8 creatures should look like lvl 7 but with more stuff on them and about the dragon on the tower,it could be a mechanical dragon that would fit just fine.so...andding more stuff on them or change the whole skin of the creatures...i think a change is needed

RE: Questions - The Hai - 06.04.2009 22:50

well, i quess what we are trying to say is that we like to see new creatures instead of the 8 level creatures that's just colored.

to the admins,Q:are you making new level 8 creatures or your gonna keep them colored?

RE: Questions - Darty - 07.04.2009 01:26

an answer would be good indeed :D

RE: Questions - The Hai - 07.04.2009 04:48

@darty and others, which forums do you visit other than this?

RE: Questions - Efrit - 07.04.2009 08:41

2 The Hai

Quote:to the admins,Q: are you making new level 8 creatures or your gonna keep them colored?

Year, we will make new level_8 creatures for 3.59 release.

RE: Questions - Blackened - 07.04.2009 13:38

I visit heroescommunity.com - my nick is the same...

It seems you got me wrong about the level 8 creatures. I meant graphics are not important. But nevermind.

I'd love to see the WoG 3.59 website. Actually, I'm making (editing) a map and adding WoG things in it. So I hope the new towns don't ruin my map (it contains all the nine towns and adding the new ones will make me ruin the "arrangement" of things) as much as the new features improve it.

By the way, is it possible to add some of the new creatures/artifacts a part of a quest in a Seer's Hut? Because right now, they aren't in the list of creatures/artifacts/whatever.

RE: Questions - Darty - 07.04.2009 13:43

(07.04.2009 04:48)The Hai Wrote:  @darty and others, which forums do you visit other than this?

HC for ever :D and thanks for the answer guys :D you rock :P

RE: Questions - The Hai - 07.04.2009 19:54

@Efrit, thanks for the answer, and website is gonna launch soon right?this month?

RE: Questions - Blackened - 16.04.2009 16:39

Any news? I was hoping the website was ready by this moment...

RE: Questions - Valery - 16.04.2009 17:12

I think some people do not realize what really WoG is. They ask for new stuff while having all they need under hand.

There is nothing left in WoG 3.58. All the things (almost) that they plan to do in 3.59 can already be done. What WoG needs, is not new stuff, but scripters who do valuable scenarios. WoG is nothing worth if played with all the options on. You will get crashes, bugs, return to desktop.

But once you understand how it works, you will choose carefully your options and have a game as you never had. WoG is the HoMM future. Learn to script and stop asking for new things. Whatever WoG 3.59 brings, it will be useless without scripting and imagination process.

WoG is a tool, not a standalone.

(07.04.2009 13:38)Blackened Wrote:  By the way, is it possible to add some of the new creatures/artifacts a part of a quest in a Seer's Hut? Because right now, they aren't in the list of creatures/artifacts/whatever.

Exactly as I said. You have to script them to be able to do that. Asking for WoG team to work on that is useless, as you can do it yourself. And requires a very basic ERM skill. Nothing hard there.

RE: Questions - Berserker - 16.04.2009 21:52

Valery, excellent post! I'll translate it into russian and show to public, if you agree. While some people crying "where is 3.59?" others just work and realize their ideas.

RE: Questions - Corwin - 17.04.2009 00:15

Respect to you, Valery
However, there is still a lot of features, that can, we believe, extremely improve the game process and WOG tool Sm, and we work on some such ideas.
But you are right, even now WOG is almost infinite source for modeling your own world. Astronomer1

RE: Questions - Blackened - 17.04.2009 00:24

(16.04.2009 17:12)Valery Wrote:  Exactly as I said. You have to script them to be able to do that. Asking for WoG team to work on that is useless, as you can do it yourself. And requires a very basic ERM skill. Nothing hard there.

Yes, I know. But, it'll be better for users who have no idea about ERM and haven't got any intentions to use it. It's just more user-friendly to use Seer's Hut's basic functions for WoG things than spending up to 30 minutes (or maybe more) on reading info about ERM and scripting it. I personally am going to learn ERM, since it'll help me with the map I'm making.

Also, I was asking about the site, because I want to help with suggestions. I totally agree, that it's not about having a lot fancy features (wow! a dragon that shoots!), they need to be balanced, otherwise it becomes gamebreaking. And, they really need to be interesting, too.

About the chance to "do 3.59 by ourselves" - yes, but that requires a lot of hard work and EMR scripting - most of the hard work for me would be learning the ERM scripting. And most of the WoG players would like more to have 3.59 made for them. I personally am too busy in RL - I even barely have time to spend about the Fallout 2 mod I'm making. But not too busy to give ideas.

RE: Questions - Valery - 17.04.2009 02:08

(17.04.2009 00:15)Corwin Wrote:  Respect to you, Valery
However, there is still a lot of features, that can, we believe, extremely improve the game process and WOG tool :), and we work on some such ideas.
But you are right, even now WOG is almost infinite source for modeling your own world. :astronomer1:

I am sure you will, and I will enjoy them. But there will still be people who will find you did not do enough. And continuously ask for again and again. They have to understand that you provide a tool, and that those adds can be modeled by each one to create his world.

For example, there is one thing WoG team may want to include in the code of 3.59., as this created to me a lot of problems.
There is an awful bug which occurs when a very huge battle is done, and the experience received by the creatures is overflowing the maximum allowed. So your experience will go into negative values, even VERY negative.

This is the script which will correct the bug:

ZVSE

** script to prevent creature experience reduction due to overflow. JHV,
2/3/2009

** uses v7090-v7103 to store troop ranks @ start of battle
** uses FU459-FU462

!?BA0&1000; start of (human) battle
!!BA:H0/?v1; get attacker hero #
!!BA:H1/?v2; get defender hero # (if any)
!!DO459/0/6/1&v1>-1/v1<156:Pv1; check stacks 0-6 for attacker
!!DO460/0/6/1&v2>-1/v2<156:Pv2; check stacks 0-6 for defender

!?FU459; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, store in v[7090+x16]
!!HEx1:C0/x16/?y1/?y2/?y3/2; y1=type, y2=no., y3=experience
!!VRv5:S7090+x16;
!!VRvv5:Sy3;

!?FU460; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, store in v[7097+x16]
!!VRv5:S7097+x16;
!!VRv5:Sy3;

!?BA1&1000; end of (human) battle
!!VRv3:C-1/-1; set v3 & v4 to -1
!!HEv1&v1>-1/v1<156:O?v3; get attacker's Owner - will be 0-7 if attacker won
!!HEv2&v2>-1/v2<156:O?v4; get defender's Owner - will be 0-7 if defender won
!!DO461/0/6/1&v3>-1/v3<8:Pv1; check stacks 0-6 for attacker
!!DO462/0/6/1&v4>-1/v4<8:Pv2; check stacks 0-6 for defender

!?FU461; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, vs. v[7090+x16]
!!FU&y2<1:E; quit if no troops left in slot
!!VRy4:Svv5;
!!HEx1&y4>y3:C0/x16/d/d/11/12; set rank to 11 if negative experience was
gained (overflow occurred)

!?FU462; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, vs. v[7097+x16]
!!HEx1&y4>y3:C0/x16/d/d/11/12; set rank to 11 if negative experience was
gained (overflow occurred)
!!IF&610:V616/1;

RE: Questions - Darty - 22.04.2009 17:28

i know this question has been asked alot of times before but, an aprox date for 3.59?from what i know all towns are over 50% complete and you have most of the scripts and the new features you want to include so...in 1 year will we finally have 3.59?sooner?later?

RE: Questions - Darkloke - 22.04.2009 18:43

(22.04.2009 17:28)Darty Wrote:  i know this question has been asked alot of times before but, an aprox date for 3.59?from what i know all towns are over 50% complete and you have most of the scripts and the new features you want to include so...in 1 year will we finally have 3.59?sooner?later?
http://wforum.heroes35.net/showthread.php?tid=501&pid=12394#pid12394

RE: Questions - Valery - 28.04.2009 03:13

Please can you help me to get rid of something annoying:

I scripted several alchemist labs (with graphics changed) to give me mithril if visited each week. The problem is that they appear as "owned alchemist labs" in kingdom overview so they give me each day mercury (as well as mithril on visit). I disabled them individually with :S; but nothing changed. Where is my mistake?

*** Timer
!#TM10:S1/999/7/2; launch timer every 7 days for tan starting with second week
!?TM10;
!!UN:U53/1/?v1; get total # of alchemist labs
!!VRv2:S-1; must initialize v2<0 for "next" search
!!DO81/1/v1/1:P53/1;

!#HT53/1:P0/159; Rename all alchemist labs (unvisited version)
!#HT53/1:P1/11; use z11 string if lab was visited
!#VRz159:S^Miner hut (Not Visited)^;
!#VRz11:S^Miner hut (Visited)^;

!#VRz394:S^{Miner hut}
The miner gives you 1 bar of iron every week. You already have your bar for this week.^;
!#VRz396:S^{Miner hut}
You got one iron bar.^;

!?OB53/1;
!!HE-1:O?v1;
!!MNv998/v999/v1000:Ov1;
!!PO998:N?v1; get N-# for current object @ (v998,v999,v1000)
!!IF&v1=1:M1/z394;
!!FU&v1=1:E; exit if lab already visited this week
!!IF:Q1/7/1/1/z396; **give iron but it does not show...
!!OW:R2/7/d1; <-- changed from 1 to d1
!!PO998:N1; set this lab visited for all Heroes

** function to do object variable resetting
!?FU81; x1=type, x2=subtype
!!UN:Ux1/x2/-1/2; put coordinates of next type x1/x2 object --> (v2,v3,v4)
!!PO2:N0; set to unvisited

Thank you

RE: Questions - Berserker - 28.04.2009 04:18

OB:S just sets the flag "cannot be visited by any hero". In your case you should replace labs with other object (of any new type, i.e type 63, subtype 3) but with old graphics:

Code:
Additional syntax: You can place an object which functions as object type/subtype but looks like an object type2/subtype2.
If you do so then:
  #1 = x
  #2 = y
  #3 = Level
  #4 = Type of object (Format OB)
  #5 = Subtype of object
  #6 = Type2 of object to look like (Format OB)
  #7 = Subtype2 of object to look like
If you use only 7 parameters you cannot set another terrain type and cancel redraw (terrain=-1, redraw=1)
  #8 = Terrain type (Format TR)
  #9 = Redraw needed (1) or not (0)

And each week loop throw all objects of your type and give mithril to needed players.

RE: Questions - Valery - 28.04.2009 06:04

Thank you, I changed to centaur stables with new look, disabled them and changed in the code !!MN with !!DW. It works.

RE: Questions - Valery - 29.04.2009 00:59

I have a problem with moving the AI. I want Roland to do those sequence numbers, one after the other.

!!AI:S152/6/1/61/21/0/5000000/1; **first point
!!AI:S152/6/2/69/22/0/5000000/1; **second
!!AI:S152/6/3/82/23/0/5000000/1; **third (here the stop is ON a monolith entrance so he must take it)
!!AI:S152/6/4/93/11/0/5000000/3; **fourth (once he exit the monolith he must go here)

But he ignores the monolith entrance and runs after my hero, which is far away. eventually he will return at the monolith, but not always.

RE: Questions - Berserker - 29.04.2009 01:11

ERM Wrote:Even using a maximum importance value, the AI can't ALWAYS be controlled if circumstances weigh heavily against it moving in a certain direction (e.g., it has 500 phoenixes, has lost its last town and there is an undefended castle nearby), but usually it can be counted on.
It seems that it's documented situation.

RE: Questions - Valery - 29.04.2009 07:07

Thanks. I may have another question: Is there any way to enable !!SN inside a time trigger?

!#TM80:S2/5/2/4;
!?TM80;
!!VRz10:S^waves.wav^;
!!SN:Pz10; Play it
!!UN:R6/2000;
!!VRz11:S^boat.wav^;
!!SN:Pz11; Play it

It does not play. I checked the wav and they work if triggered by event. I can't find a way to make them work in a TM. What would be a solution?

Also I never found a way to make avi playing in ERM. The commands may be correct but I always have an blue screen error message (can't read/open the file). All the avi we can find on the net are somehow compressed and ERM says they have to be uncompressed.

Did anyone succed in playing a short avi in WoG?

RE: Questions - Berserker - 29.04.2009 07:24

Quote:and ERM says they have to be uncompressed.
Try program MediaCoder http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mediacoder/MediaCoder-0.7.0.4370.exe

In video tab choose format uncompressed

Quote:!#TM80:S2/5/2/4;
!?TM80;
!!VRz10:S^waves.wav^;
!!VRz11:S^boat.wav^;
!!SN:Pz11; Play it
If it does not play then there is no easy solution yet Bad

RE: Questions - Valery - 30.04.2009 03:59

Thanks Berserker.

I have big problems with AI moving:

Human is tan (4), AI is red (0)

The TM starting v607 is enabled for tan.

The TM using the variable 607 is enabled for red:

ZVSE

!#VRv607:S0;
!#TM46:S47/70/1/4;**TM enabled for tan (human)**works

!?TM46&218;
!!VRv607:+1; **607 is increasing each day, I checked.

!#TM47:S48/70/1/0; **TM enabled for red (AI) and not working at all.
!?TM47;

!!TR70/81/0&v607=2:P1;
!!AI&v607=2:S152/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send First wave

!!TR73/93/0&v607=3:P1;
!!AI&v607=3:S7/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Tyris

!!TR73/96/0&v607=4:P1;
!!AI&v607=4:S0/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Orrin

!!TR73/90/0&v607=6:P1;
!!AI&v607=6:S2/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Edric

!!TR71/87/0&v607=8:P1;
!!AI&v607=8:S3/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Sylvia

!!TR71/84/0&v607=10:P1;
!!AI&v607=10:S144/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Mullich

!!TR68/78/0&v607=13:P1;
!!AI&v607=13:S146/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Catherine

If enabled for red, nothing happens. If enabled for tan, then some AI will attack but I suspect the !!AI not working, as some AI do not move. With a value of 5 000 000 they always move.
What is strange is that if the second TM is enabled for red then the !!TR not work (I checked in MP).
I can't find a solution to make those AI moving one after other...

Grrr, I just realized that I confounded format E with E1, thus red player is 1, and not 0. Amateur<----. Sorry.

RE: Questions - Valery - 30.04.2009 06:05

Well, it seems that inside a TM some commands do not work, as !!SN and !!AI.

I managed to get a good result with:

!!HE152&v607=2:P54/21/0;

!!HE7&v607=3:P55/21/0;
!!AI&v607=3:S7/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Tyris

!!HE0&v607=4:P54/21/0;
!!AI&v607=4:S0/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Orrin

!!HE2&v607=6:P55/21/0;
!!AI&v607=6:S2/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Edric

!!HE3&v607=8:P54/21/0;
!!AI&v607=8:S3/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Sylvia

!!HE144&v607=10:P55/21/0;
!!AI&v607=10:S144/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Mullich

!!HE146&v607=13:P54/21/0;
!!AI&v607=13:S146/0/1/81/23/0/5000000/3; **send Catherine

I still think that !!AI does not work inside a TM, as they ignore any teleport to get at the specified location. Once I bring them on the other side with !!HE:P then they attack.

I run out of ideas how to give a !!AI outside an event. Now they attack probably because I choosed %200 difficulty. But at %60 I think they will just stay there and not move.

The only working option is to give !#AI in instructions. But then the AI turns are very long, and the game is freezing.

If anyone has an idea how to make AI attack I will be grateful.

RE: Questions - Berserker - 30.04.2009 09:42

Quote:!#TM47:S48/70/1/0; **TM enabled for red (AI) and not working at all.
Red player is bit 1, so you should use !#TM47:S48/70/1/1;

About SN and Timer. Game stops all sounds to play it own NewDay. Try to replace NewDay.wav with empty sound first. (and newweek.wav).

!!AI command should work in any trigger. But as I didn't test it I cannot insist on anything. Try to add Messages to you condition statements to check out if all instructions are executed.

!?TM47;
!!IF&v607=2:M^First Wave^;

RE: Questions - Valery - 30.04.2009 10:15

Yes, I already checked (I have a CM which tells me the value of v607 each day, and it is working.) I did a couple of tests with different options until I understood how the sequence numbers are working in a !!AI script. The problem is that ERM listen to the first 3 heros commands, but ignore further. I will try to give a different TM for next heros in the list. Headache.

There are still things I dont understand well. For example, moving Mullich with !!HE:P and giving him an !!AI destination right after will make him stop the current turn, and follow the destination on next turn. But when doing the same thing with Roland (example), he will move the same turn...and this screws my plans. Just to not mention that I need all those commands for 52 heroes. 148

Thanks

RE: Questions - Valery - 30.04.2009 20:24

I did some test and came to strange conclusions:

ZVSE

!?LE20/7/0; **event (this is working)
!!AI:S144/7/1/23/0/0/5000000/1; **give Mullich 3 destinations
!!AI:S144/7/2/22/3/0/5000000/0;
!!AI:S144/7/3/19/1/0/5000000/2; **last destination

Now:

ZVSE

!?LE20/7/0; same event but with !!HE:P additional command
!!HE144:P21/1/0; ** it works but remain stuck there
!!AI:S144/7/1/23/0/0/5000000/1; **hero will not move
!!AI:S144/7/2/22/3/0/5000000/0; **idem
!!AI:S144/7/3/19/1/0/5000000/2; **idem

Now:

ZVSE

!#VRv602:S0;
!#TM44:S2/10/1/128;
!?TM44;

!!VRv602:+1;
!!HE144&v602=3:P55/3/0;

!!AI&v602=3:S144/7/1/66/3/0/5000000/0; 1st destination
!!AI&v602=3:S144/7/2/67/3/0/5000000/0; 2nd
!!AI&v602=3:S144/7/3/69/1/0/5000000/1; 3rd

THIS is working, but you notice that I set last destination with 1 at the end
(means start with this position). It contradicts ERM but it is the only way I
could get it working. If the first destination is set with 1 (starts with this)
then he will not move...well, I got it working, but no idea how.

Playing with the last value gave very weird results.
If first destination is 1 (starts with this), second is 0 or 2, third is 0 or 2,
then once mullich reached the second, it returns to the first and ignores the
third, although it is a NICE and free castle.

So the last destination has to be the "first"(1 at the end) in the code.

RE: Questions - Berserker - 30.04.2009 22:11

Good discovering, but people use !!AI very seldom. The command is a but buggy, as you see.

RE: Questions - Valery - 30.04.2009 23:13

Usually I don't need it. But from my experience I always noticed a bug with AI after 6-8 months. If you block an AI for 7 months so he can't move, when you free him, he will not move anymore (even if he can). So the !!AI script is necessary. In my map Alexander, the main hero had to be attacked by an AI hero on month 9. The AI was behind a border gate all this time. When I opened the gate, he did not attack (he had azure dragons and I had one peasant). This occured only if several months were spent in game. So I had to use !!AI to make him move. I think this command is important to know how it works.

RE: Questions - Valery - 01.05.2009 23:14

I will post here my results:

I spent a whole week to figure why AI does not listen always to the !!AI command as I need 52 AI to move where I set them in the new map.
Some were moving, others not, some dissipated etc.

There is a command which solved everything, although I wasn't paying attention to it before, and I was wrong.

!#UN:J4/32000; Control AI "thinking" radius

Now there is also a difficulty chosen issue. If player choose %60 to %100 then AI will have very different moves, even if you script it. So I suggest for maps having the AI moves scripted to have a "check difficulty" on first day and exit game if player choose <%160 or %200.
Here is the script (for WoG beginners)

Here is how I use it in !?PI instructions (the event has to be top on events list)

!?PI;

!!UN:J2/?v614; [Get player difficulty: v614]
!!IF&v614<4:M^Please restart on impossible difficulty^;
!!FU&v614<4:E;

Then in a TM trigger on day one:

!#TM70:S1/999/1/4; tan player, check every day

!?TM70;
!!UN&v614<4:Q0/1; lose game if player choose less than 200%

RE: Questions - Berserker - 02.05.2009 00:23

Valery, good info, big thanks Sm

RE: Questions - Corwin - 02.05.2009 17:02

Valery 132 145

RE: Questions - Valery - 03.05.2009 04:45

You are welcome, those infos are not big deal anyway. Can anyone please give me a link for the WoG russian forums(where is HoTA etc) please? I lost the link and I miss it, as there were very precious infos there.

RE: Questions - major - 03.05.2009 11:28

Here it is http://forum.df2.ru/index.php?showforum=4

RE: Questions - Valery - 04.05.2009 16:50

When browsing russians Forums I found 3 nice creatures made by Bisik. (his new castle town). I downloaded them and now wondering if I must ask his permission to use them in my new scenario, and how could I ask him, as I can't speak russian (my father is russian, but I never learned too, unfortunately)

RE: Questions - major - 04.05.2009 17:07

I'll ask him.

RE: Questions - Valery - 05.05.2009 05:56

Thanks.

Next question (sorry...)

Is there a way to rename an adventure spell, like visions for example.

But to rename it in book, not when using !?MG with a custom message.

RE: Questions - Corwin - 05.05.2009 11:56

Valery
If Bisik shared his creatures for public use that anybody can download it - I think you can use it without worrying. If you wish to feel yourself absolutely politically correct 77 - you can in additional ask him special permission for your case. Boast

You can rename spell - you must find it's name in txt source and change it.

RE: Questions - Valery - 05.05.2009 12:30

Thank you Corwin. So there is no way to ERM change it? Which txt file I must search for, and in which lod it is? I didn't find any txt file referring to spells names in Heroes/DATA

RE: Questions - Darkloke - 05.05.2009 12:32

h3bitmap.lod/sptraits.txt

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - Phoessus - 06.05.2009 14:54

Or you can also learn english. Ab

RE: What is wrong about WoG? - gamecreator - 07.05.2009 13:22

if you want to use google translator you need basic knowledge of intial language.

RE: Questions - major - 07.05.2009 21:30

Valery, Bisik said that those units (crusader and golden paladen) was made by Morn and Lycifer. So they made them for common access and anybody can use them. Bisik made militia and sharpshooter, so you can use them too.

About spell name. In TE (WOG++) version you can use !!SS reciever to change spell name.

RE: Questions - Valery - 07.05.2009 22:37

1)Thanks, I will give credit to Morn and Lucifer then for both. I don't use militia and sharpshooters as they are only recolored.

2)Only in TE? How bad...I don't play it. But Darkloke gave me the solution. Now the spell are renamed, I have only a small problem when using scrolls, as the original picture is still there. Any know how to remove it?

And surprisingly !!HE:M#/0 (in !?AE1)does not work to remove an original spell if the scroll is equipped.

Tried both ways (sacrifice scroll)

!?AE1&v998=1041/1000; Spell scroll equipped
!!HE29:M40/?v313;
!!HE29&v313=1:M40/0;

Second:
!!HE29:M=40/1;
!!HE29&1:M40/0; **tried with false too, same result

Neither works.

RE: Questions - major - 08.05.2009 14:16

Artefact number for all scrolls in this trigger is 1.
There is a small TE version http://ifolder.ru/8305531. You may use all wog options in this case.
Actually, this is standard WOG, which can use additional TE triggers and recievers.

RE: Questions - Valery - 08.05.2009 14:21

Yes, but you can also specify which scrolls is used with 1000+ numbers. 1016 will be magic arrow scroll, 1010 will be town portal and so on. So it is better for this kind of check to use the specific scroll ID. The !?AE1&v998=1 will give same results anyway. It seems that spells from scrolls can't be removed.

The 1000+ for scrolls is not specified in ERM. I got those additional IDs by scanning Fnord's adjudication map.

RE: Questions - major - 08.05.2009 14:41

Try to remove spell in another trigger, may be in !?CM2. Check the spell and if it was learn from spell remove it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Darty - 23.05.2009 03:21

just a suggestion
i will always hate the hota team members because they splited from wog(witch would have been done in my vision if you were a whole)but there is one thing that you should learn form them:be more receptive to the public!!!post more news,progress on the project,further plans,leak some infos,pictures,be active on hc and stuf like that

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 23.05.2009 04:55

Hate? You will hate those who actually are working for your free entertainment? Sorry, but this sounds plain stupid and selfish. Or being active in HC means posting every day "When HoTA's commin'?"

Just for your information, I am working on a complex WoG map. I was expecting to release it in march, but things got complicated, creatures were delayed, suddenly I lost inspiration for doing the story, scripts were not working and I had to hunt a small typo error through 1 millions codes. And it is only a map. WoG is complicated and not friendly. Without doubt HoTA experiences bugs and errors, and they working to fix them. No time for blabla.

Great to see the forum back, I missed it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Darty - 23.05.2009 13:35

well yeah i do hate them those who are working for my free entertaiment?selfish??hell YEAHHH >Sm,and i don t mean by being active to post every day when the project will come out,but look how many infos hota has there,and how many infos wog has.
and i followed the creation of your map from the beginning,i am aware of it s progress

RE: Questions and Answers - Darkloke - 23.05.2009 17:06

(23.05.2009 13:35)Darty Wrote:  but look how many infos hota has there,and how many infos wog has.
And? I think if the project isnt released yet, there is no difference how much info about project was posted.

RE: Questions and Answers - Darty - 24.05.2009 21:34

yes,but the ideea is that you should be more receptive to the public and post more infos/screens.the fans dig it :D

RE: Questions and Answers - Darkloke - 24.05.2009 21:57

(24.05.2009 21:34)Darty Wrote:  yes,but the ideea is that you should be more receptive to the public and post more infos/screens.the fans dig it :D
I still see no reason to do this. When u are a serious developer and want people to buy ur game, then u should do advertising, PR and etc. When u are a modder, its more than enough just to say that u are working at the mod. Thats all.

RE: Questions and Answers - Darty - 24.05.2009 22:14

i allready knew that,but i just said the fans will be even happier if you post more news that just:we are working...

RE: Questions and Answers - Corwin - 24.05.2009 22:59

Darty
When I have some little part of time, that have been catted from family\job\other private life, I prefer to spend this time on developing of some part of project, to make one more step to finish line. I can instead launch forums, write hundreds pages of public posts and promises about our work, make and share tens of screenshots..... well, in that way you will see WOG 3.59 finished in 2015... may be...
About HOTa - first of all, let's see all their promises and posted info works in release...

RE: Questions and Answers - Darty - 25.05.2009 00:05

well i didn t asked for tens of screens and hundred of pages...1-2 screen and 1-2 lines about the project once a month will do i think...how much can this take?3 minutes?

RE: Questions and Answers - Corwin - 25.05.2009 00:40

Yes, but not all work that we do can be shown in screens... almost all graphic we already have shared before (especially graphic of Bastion, bat other towns too), now we are finishing it, fixing some bugs, scripting, working with code etc. What you want we to post? Same things that was shared before in different angle?

RE: Questions and Answers - Darty - 25.05.2009 03:20

yes,the graphics of bastion were shown since 2005 or 2006,but screens about the other 2 towns(some old graphics of grove are also on hc),new artifact,new units,or some infos of what 3.59 will bring,the progress so for,estimated time left(if possible) and stuff like that...

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 25.05.2009 10:49

If you are soooo implied and interested with WoG, why don't you learn to script, join 3.59 team or HoTA so we can cry on you every day for screens? I don't understand why people which obviously are not interested how it works keep bashing on those who create it. Find another hobby until it is released.

Now, on topic:

A thing I discovered: generating a random value with R# does not work in TM triggering a battle:

!#TM18:S2/160/1/2;**tan player every day
!?TM18;
!!VRv655:S0;
!!VRv655:S0 R12; **generate a random value between 0 and 12
!!IF&v655=10:Q1/21/163/1^Ambush!^;
!!HE29&w34=3/v655=10:T1/1/1/62/2;
...etc

The script above is generating the SAME value every turn...

And now:

When using T (random value generating from the PC's internal clock) it solved the problem

!!VRv655:S0 T12

Any know why one works and the other not?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 25.05.2009 23:00

R uses pseudo-random math generator. So you should init the seed first with command VR:R$var$/1; You can generate the seed with VR:T2000000000;

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 26.05.2009 02:28

Thanks!

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 28.05.2009 04:31

I have a question for Darkloke:

I want to change a spell name:

I used

Action.txt
H3sprite.txt (empty)
H3bitmap.txt (inside is the Sptraits.txt modified)
Inform.txt

When ran update WoG can't start anymore. I changed only the name of a spell to start. Is there a special program to change the Sptraits.txt or I need something else?

RE: Questions and Answers - Darkloke - 28.05.2009 10:02

(28.05.2009 04:31)Valery Wrote:  Is there a special program to change the Sptraits.txt or I need something else?
Use ERM scripter (open txt-files as tables) to edit such files.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 28.05.2009 10:16

Well, I only wrote a name, changed water walk to dissipate. And WoG was out since then.

RE: Questions and Answers - major - 28.05.2009 13:38

Maybe you need one more file InstMult.txt. Inside you need wrote
Code:
[PICS]

[MUSIC]

RE: Questions and Answers - Darkloke - 28.05.2009 18:02

(28.05.2009 10:16)Valery Wrote:  Well, I only wrote a name, changed water walk to dissipate. And WoG was out since then.
Which tool did u use to do this... notepad?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 28.05.2009 20:59

Well, I tried again when editing with ERM.
For test starting I just changed the last description:

Water Walk Water Walk 4 x 12 8 8 8 0 60 60 80 100 10 10 10 10 10 10 0 0 10 15 15 20 25 "{Dissipation} <-- here

Added SPTRAITS.txt in H3bitmap.txt.
Added the new file in the wog. file
Added the others as required (H3sprite.txt empty)
Then compiled the files and ran update. This time it says the file is broken and can't update.

I also added INSTMULT.txt but nothing.

Then I added the original SPTRAITS to the package just to see: says file is broken. So it must be a path error.

@Darkloke,
Can you help me getting the last graphic working? It is only CABEHE which has a palette error. Here are the two files needed.

Your creature

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 29.05.2009 00:10

Hi, Valery, I hope this file will solve both of your problems Sm .

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 29.05.2009 00:48

Thanks Qwertyus, now CPRSMALL show the icon, but the palette is still screwed in TWCRPORT (CPrL097S.pcx). And the other files are exactly what I used to update the Sptraits, but never succeed. Any of you already tried to change the Sptraits with success? I have latest Phantom patch (graphics)

Edit (a bit later): The Sptraits worked now. I used before the same files as you sent me, but never worked. It must be your hands magic. :)
Unfortunately any text edit in SPTRAITS (with erm_s) crashes the editor and game will not start.

I have another question (forgive me for being annoying):

I try to display a dialog box using a 100x100 pixels image centered. Well, I can with !!IF:D and E or P to display a short white text top on the stored pic, but I fail always to have a longer text. If text is too long, it won't show.

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 29.05.2009 02:45

I think, problem with your Sptraits in wrong text editor. I'm always use for this Notepad, if you do so, you can see the special symbols like these:
Image: a5c9e38182aa.jpg
These symbols means the end of caret. Using the other text editors will corrupt original text structure after saving.

Download this file, I include in it two good programs: Def Tool (for sprites) and Txt Tables Editor (for text files, if you can't use Notepad). And also - updated CPrS097S.bmp (problem was in wrong color used - RGB 2-254-254 instead of 0-255-255; check it next time):
Image: af12624f857a.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't help you with ERM, may be someone else can?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 29.05.2009 03:00

Thanks a lot. But it was my fault: the TWCRPORT had the cabehe icon screwed, not the CPR one. I am sorry.

I am not sure to know how those programs should be used. I will give it a try, but how do I extract the icon?

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 29.05.2009 03:14

One more good tool: Def Preview (thanks a lot S. Rozhenko, aka GrayFace Sm for all of those).

But you must create a new CPrL097S.bmp, in TWCRPORT.def this file is broken.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 29.05.2009 04:27

Thanks. I think Darkloke has the right bmp (he created it). Come on Darkloke dear, I need only this fixed to release a thousand hours work map Sm
Every thing runs perfectly.

See the file Qwertyus uploaded for bmp's. When have little time, help me please.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 29.05.2009 07:12

Qwertyus, you made my day with that tool. Kudo to you.
Image: 37213127.jpg
Image: thork.jpg

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 05.06.2009 12:15

I remember seeing time ago a script in the russian ERM help forums who allowed us to place the new color resources with !!UN:I.
If anyone remember this, can he share it with me please? I did a search but could not find it again. You know, the Phantom patch resources. Crystals of 6 colors etc. I am sure it is somewhere.

Thanks

Edit: found it, never matter

!? TM2 & $ once $ = 1 / $ day $ = 1, the timer is the first day!?
!! UN: U79 / 4 /? Y-1; count crystals!
!!VRv1: S-2;
!! DO25000/1/y-1/1 & y-1> 0: P;
!? FU25000;
!! UN: U79/4/-2/1; - to get the coordinates of a handful of crystals!
!! VRy1: S0 R9; - a random type of soil!
!! UN: Ov1/v2/v3 Iv1/v2/v3/79/4/79/4/y1/0; - to destroy the crystal to crystal of random color.
Will work if you have 10 different crystals for different soils.

Well, it places the random monsters icons instead of new crystal types. I will check different solutions.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 05.06.2009 19:14

!!UN:I is a very "bugged" command. If you use it to place an object that will look as another one then you just damage you savegame or have a runtime error.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 05.06.2009 22:57

I noticed it when trying to place commanders with it. It kept placing objects type 63. So I guess there is no way to place with it the new editor objects?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 05.06.2009 23:08

No legal way. By the way, why don't you put your scripts from "300" map into a separate erm-file: MapName.erm in maps folder?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 05.06.2009 23:24

Valery, about crystals. Master Of Puppets first added new subtypes in the zobjects.txt and new defs, afair. Then he placed object with UN:Ix/y/z/(Resource)/NewSubType

In object trigger he destroyed the resource manually and changed some vars (for example for new resource: food).

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.06.2009 00:13

A separate ERM file? I never saw that. What you mean?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 06.06.2009 00:18

You can have two files:

YourMapName.h3m
YourMapName.erm

and write scripts in ERM editor. You don't need to use Global Events at all.
Script YourMapName.erm is always loaded before all other scripts.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.06.2009 00:46

I never saw this. What map uses this feature? And why it is more comfortable than using local events? The ERM file must be in maps folder or in Heroes/s folder?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 06.06.2009 02:35

Quote:What map uses this feature?
Don't know, but it's a fact.

Quote:And why it is more comfortable than using local events?
Because ERM Editor is much more comfortable than primitive window of events editor.

The ERM file must be in Maps\

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.06.2009 02:46

Bah, I do the scripts in ERM then I bind them into the map, using the new editor features. I don't know, but I feel more comfortable by having them into map. Question of habit I think. Never heard of it. I will try it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 06.06.2009 03:56

But it's quite difficult to extract scripts from map to translate, for example Sm

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.06.2009 07:47

I am using the advanced features, which allows you to bind any global event to an external ERM file and save the changes you do further at this file. As it is a Russian patch I was thinking you all use it. I am not sure I see how using as external ERM whole script is working, I will try it. For me scripts are easy to modify and identify if one by one. But your option is interesting, as it will allow to search for overlapped variables easier (right now I was using "export text"+check)

RE: Questions and Answers - Ganymed - 06.06.2009 13:15

It is realy more usefull to work with separate ERM-file instead of map events usage.
Firstly, you're able to test some corrected scripts (not all, unfortunaly) by just reloading a map, you don't need to restart the map in these cases.
Secondly, a script editor (ERM_S) is more suitable to work with scripts, because it gives you an opportunity to create your own workspace by highlighting commands, comments, macros and so forth as you wish.

highlighting ERM example (Click to View)

Moreover, you can create a Declaration or Tag points for each script, that provides you an easy document navigation and exploring.

document navigation by declarations (Click to View)

Also, the editor has many options to optimise your work with scripts, such as creating ERT-files from your internal massage commands if you need to and so forth.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.06.2009 13:35

We learn every day. Thank you for detailed explanations. I will try it out.

RE: Questions and Answers - Ganymed - 06.06.2009 14:23

(06.06.2009 13:35)Valery Wrote:  We learn every day.

So do I Sm And it seems to be a good spending of life-time.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 14.06.2009 10:27

Update on the big ERM file option:

I wondered what that SVCS stuff was for, as it seemed unnecessarily
complicated if all it was for was to combine separate scripts into one file.
I am guessing now that the whole process involves creating a new wogify file (script99) and fooling the program into using that file the way it uses the
built-in WoG scripts. That might explain why all the existing WoG scripts
(script00.erm - script77.erm on my system) have to be removed.

Is there any map out which works with this feature or was at least tested with it?
So far I am getting a black screen when starting game, if the scripts are removed and compiled into a big one. And still I think it is easier for me to work on scripts taking them one by one rather than checking one through million codes. But it is a commodity issue I have to admit.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 14.06.2009 12:04

Damn it, everything was misunderstood Bad
Ok, forget about scvs and one script file for a while.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.07.2009 21:39

I got a program (smacker) from radgamestools.com which allowed me for the first time to convert smk. movies from MM6 to UNCOMPRESSED avi. Result: it can be viewed in WoG using !!IF:P command. As I saw many people asking how it is possible to view movies, this may interest you. Tested and working.

The tool refused to recognize the bik/smk Homm3 campaigns files, saying they are too old format. As for uncompressing already compressed AVI, it is not possible. So, the only movies I could get to show were the MM6 ones.

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 06.07.2009 23:40

You can try old version of Smacker (3.0) to compress AVI in SMK-files, suitable for Heroes III:
It's here
But don't use Bink compression for audiostreams in SMK-files (that may cause problems, use Smacker compression only).

Or you can update your Bink, Smacker & Miles dlls in Heroes III folder to play videos, compressed with new version of Smacker:
Try this (mss32.dll, v6.1c; BINKW32.DLL, v0.5b; SMACKW32.DLL, v4.0e).

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 00:50

Thanks. Too bad Heroes play only uncompressed files, as their weight is huge. A smk went from 2.9 Mo to 62 Mo when uncompressed for a movie of 9 seconds. Updating the dll is not suitable, as if movies play only on my installation will not help. Unless a future WoG version update all in once, so all the dll are updated, for everyone.

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 07.07.2009 01:16

(07.07.2009 00:50)Valery Wrote:  Too bad Heroes play only uncompressed files...

No, no, you CAN compess videofiles with Smacker, and Heroes III CAN play these files. The only problem is right compression. My English is not so fine and I can't write a detailed manual, but I can do some screenshots for you. Just wait a little.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 01:43

Ah? That would be great. I always dreamed about having a movie as introduction. Can Smacker compress already compressed AVI? I don't get the idea. So far, the problem is that Heroes does not play compressed files, and all AVI files are kinda compressed. ERM help says as well that only AVI are able to play, so smk/bik will not play. Is it true?

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 07.07.2009 02:05

Well, this is *old* Smacker (3.0) settings:
Image: 83da0bf8f3cat.jpg
Добавлено:
Already compressed AVI may be not so suitable for some reasons (color depth, frame rate, compressed audio streams). But you can try it (with new version of Smacker). But don't use Bink audio compression, game can't read it properly. And if you use new Smacker, you will need to update SmackW32.dll in "Heroes" folder.

Quote:ERM help says as well that only AVI are able to play, so smk/bik will not play. Is it true?
If you want use ERM to play video, I think it must be uncompressed avi. May be CoreWoG Team can do something with this, I don't know. Smk files may be used to replace the old ones.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 10:07

I tried exactly all settings from your screen but I have an error message when trying to open the AVI. I will try with different AVI files to see what is wrong. I don't have any not compressed AVI on my computer, except movies from MM6 and Heroes, which are already read. Thanks again Sm

RE: Questions and Answers - Darkloke - 07.07.2009 16:48

(07.07.2009 10:07)Valery Wrote:  I don't have any not compressed AVI on my computer, except movies from MM6 and Heroes, which are already read. Thanks again Sm
If i remember corectly u can use virtualdub to convert any avi to uncompressed format.

RE: Questions and Answers - MOP - 07.07.2009 18:54

Excuse me. For !!IF-command AVI must have uncompressed format or RLE-compression. DivX, XviD and another codecs no suppоrted. Image: sad.gif

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 19:28

There is no way to change an AVI compressed to uncompressed format, Darkloke, are you sure? I already search for all internet and all answers I got were that is not possible. I will try virtual dub to see.

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 07.07.2009 19:42

Valery, with old Smacker you definitely need uncompressed video sources. And for best results use Mixer to process an audio stream separately from video. Smack the video stream only, then overlay an audio stream to it. And VirtualDub will help you with this.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 19:56

Qwertyus, if the video source is uncompressed, there is no need to change, the game will play it. Did I miss something here?

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 07.07.2009 20:06

Big size of your avi files Ab may be?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 20:11

Of course not, I use Splitter to have less than 10 seconds AVI for test. I like the idea of having movies when playing, but the uncompressed files take too much space for the few seconds they run. I have no idea how is working, but getting compressed movies to run would be great.

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 07.07.2009 20:22

May be you should describe in detail how your video will be inserted into the game? How are you going to use it?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 20:34

Oh, I see the misunderstood. I am not going to insert it, I just make it play as any bmp. For example, I extracted planet movie from MM6 and made it play in WoG with:

!#VRz359:S^..\data\Planetxp.avi^;
!?OB10/5/0;
!!IF:B5/359/0;
!!IF:P5;

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 07.07.2009 21:24

Sorry, it's not describe for me, when this video should be used. If it must be played on the starting/ending of the scenario, then you can use a Campaign format for this and replace with it standard smk file. If it must be played within scenario, in message window for example, then I have no idea how to use an smk format. But may be this possible too?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.07.2009 22:29

Yes, the campaign videos must be in smk format. I checked the codes Slava used in his first campaign map and he used smk. I was only speaking about short clips in custom maps. ERM says only AVI work. I tried using the smk format to play it in normal game, but the box is not showing error, but not video as well Sm

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 15.07.2009 05:44

Someone asked me if it is possible that a knight starts with succubus as commander. I was sure it can be done, but then I see there is no option to give a commander, other than checking the "general choose commander class", which will give a commander ONLY when a town is visited.

I played a bit with scripts and solved it. Is there any other way?

ZVSE

!#UN:P5/0; [Map isn't wogified]
!#UN:P6/1; [Heroes don't start with Commanders] **if this is /0, then the knights will start with paladin, no matter what is in !?PI following.
!#UN:P900/1; [Stack Experience is enabled]

Then a second event:

ZVSE

!?PI;

!!CO-1:H0; [Set class of Commander's owning hero]
!!CO-1:T3; [Set new Commander type]
!!UN:P6/0; [Heroes start with Commanders] **this must be at the END, do not move

All knights will start with succubus.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 15.07.2009 05:49

There is no another way, you did everything correctly.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 15.07.2009 06:09

I started with script 25 but it has no command which shows the commander was given. So I guess they are hardcoded? It brings the dialog where you can choose the class, but it ends right after you choose. No actions involving !!HE receiver. Maybe because there is no commander "slot"?

I never play with commander so I was kinda helpless here.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 15.07.2009 06:27

!?FU12345;
!!COx16:T3;

!#TM1:S1/999/1/255;

!?TM1;
!!DO12345/0/15/1:P;

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 15.07.2009 06:37

ZVSE

!#UN:P5/0; [Map isn't wogified]
!#UN:P900/1; [Stack Experience is enabled]

!?FU12345;
!!COx16:T3;

!#TM1:S1/999/1/255;

!?TM1;
!!DO12345/0/15/1:P;

Thanks, it is even better, as the clerics (8-15) also will get it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.07.2009 13:16

I am stuck with a script. I want to prohibit to a might hero to gain any expert magic school. There are two ways but both are driving me crazy:

1)Magic is offered until advanced. How to avoid being offered expert afterwards?
2) Magic is offered until expert but when the hero launch a mass spell, it goes advanced. Still I have the problem of the mouse pointer: when a mass spell is launched the pointer is not on a unit. When an advanced is launched a unit must be selected.

Any ideas?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 30.07.2009 13:23

Quote:Any ideas?
A lot of them )
1) You can do as I did in Phoenix-Mod: custom skill system. It means that default hero leveling dialog becomes useless.
Quote:2) S$1/$2/$3; Set primary and secondary skills that a hero can take.
    $1 = Set/check/get a +1 primary skill (0...3) Format PK.
    $2 = Set a next level of left second skill (-2,-1.0..27) Format SS
    -2 = do not change
    -1 = not allowed to choose (no skill)
    0... = number of secondary skill
    $3 = Set a next level of right second skill (-2,-1.0..27) Format SS
You can use HL trigger and replace expert schools with another skill or (if no more slots)
Code:
-1 = not allowed to choose (no skill)
3) Before battle save states of for magic skills of both heroes and set to advanced magic if expert magic is detected. After battle restore previous values.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.07.2009 13:28

How come I never saw the Phoenix mod. Where I can download it please?

Yes I already scripted the first option, but what happens when all the 8 skills are mastered except the magic ones? The game will have no choice but offer the expert?
The third option is very interesting. However some people can complain about wasting a level for acquiring a ghost skill.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 30.07.2009 13:33

Quote:The game will have no choice but offer the expert?
You just force the game not to suggest any skills by assigning -1 to both slots:
Sd/-1/-1

Quote:How come I never saw the Phoenix mod. Where I can download it please?
It's still in Russian (((. Mod's size is 28 mb.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.07.2009 14:40

It is big to translate? I found the link and downloading it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 30.07.2009 14:54

Yes, it's quite big. And mod is quite useless without a manual, and manual is BIG and out-of-date. If I did anything from scratch I would do it in both languages from the first steps.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.07.2009 15:11

As hard as it could seem, I think any mod or scenario or script should be done first in english. Only then to be translated. It allows it to be much more tested and appreciated. i know it is hard, as I already translated in english huge texts. I play right now M&M7, following the MM&6 and compare. I am near the end, as soon as I finish I will start Phoenix mod (without manual). it is not like every day we get a mod out...
A few hints maybe?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 30.07.2009 15:15

I don't thing you'll be able to play comfortly still, but you can try.
In Phoenix you'll find custom leveling system, empowered AI, mixed neutrals, defenders of enemy capitals, new magic and skills, special art, heroes' classes...too many things to mention.
And of course bugs and exceptions (((

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.07.2009 15:19

I already love it from what I readSm
The bugs are inherent. A mod without bugs means it use old concepts. Death to the bugs!

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 30.07.2009 15:40

Quote:A mod without bugs means it use old concepts. Death to the bugs!
There are three main sources of bugs:
1) Conflicts with default 3.58 scripts
2) Sources of Mod were lost long ago (with important comments, used vars logs and so on)
3) It was originally written in pure ERM and ERM is not a language for big mods.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.07.2009 17:13

It comes as .wog file. Does it install as any other or there is something special to be done, as I see many files which have no correspondence in original. I see all the scripts were modified. It needs ERA or 3.58?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 30.07.2009 20:03

It depends on where you got link.
http://wforum.heroes35.net/files/Phoenix304.WOG
If you've downloaded this one than you need nothing extra. After installing download update:
http://www.sharemania.ru/0146486
(just type in CAPTCHA and click graphical button)
Update should be unpacked in WoG 3.58 directory, replacing files.

RE: Questions and Answers - DeJay - 01.08.2009 00:27

Now that Bianor left the team and you cant use his graphics (anubis and priestesses) and u kinda have to start over, i have some questions: is Bastion supposed to be a good aligment town? because as lvl 7 it has Anubis Servant/Warrior. Isnt Anubis a God of death? an evil one?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 01.08.2009 13:53

DeJay, AFAIR, Anubis was "bad" God in Egypt mythology.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 05.08.2009 11:36

Question/answer:

What is more beautiful than a russian song?

Another russian song

Your servitor at the piano. 4

RE: Questions and Answers - Qwertyus - 06.08.2009 01:02

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 06.08.2009 23:32

(30.07.2009 13:16)Valery Wrote:  I want to prohibit to a might hero to gain any expert magic school.
Here's my suggestion:
1) On !?HL set levels of skills to Expert. They won't be offered on level up.
2) Unfortunately, there's no post-trigger for HL. Instead, you can use mouse click triggers and BA to set the skills back to Advanced.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.08.2009 19:14

I can't find a way to understand how the HL is working in timeline:

ZVSE

!?HL-1;
!!HE-1:S?y1/?y2;
!!FU&y1=14/y2<2:E; **if he has Fire basic, exit
!!HE-1:S14/3; **set to fire expert so the skill is not offered.

How to restore to fire advanced from now, as I can't see how to post trigger the HL?

Your second option is the best and the easiest to script. But the player will complaint that he invested one level into a expert skill which is not working at expert. So, maybe use HL to automatically advance the skill to expert when he reached advanced. And limit it with BA.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.08.2009 19:36

Now this is possible also to trigger the advanced mastery as soon as the hero moves, so the skill is not offered, and is remaining advanced, combining HM.

ZVSE

!?HL-1;
!!FU&y1=14/y2<2:E;
!!HE-1:S14/3;
!!IF:V11/1;

!?HM-1&11;
!!HE-1:S14/2;

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 07.08.2009 20:18

Bad code. Player will switch to another hero after levelling-up and that hero will gain advanced magic for free.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 07.08.2009 20:31

It was only an example. I should expose the whole idea from the beginning, as all heroes will be triggered:

My idea is to create a mod to restore Might&Magic real settings. A mod where might heroes can't understand mass spell concepts and magic heroes can't understand armorer/offense concepts. Exactly as in MM series. This will be combined with spells doing double damage if used by magic heroes also.

Recent heroes tournaments shows that the game has a big flaw: might is way better than magic. It seems to me this was skipped by 3DO and they could not imagine the consequences. Nobody is playing today with a magic hero, ann everyone is aiming for Tazar/mephala and during combats only a few spells (slow, haste and shield) are used, out from 67.

So, in my mod mights will not be able to cast mass spells, and rely on offense/armorer. Magic heros will not be able to rely on melee combat, but use instead mass spells to avoid it as much as possible. Maybe in this way, people will consider more variants when choosing a main, and not only taking the first specialist available.

The code is only incomplete. Of course, it will be triggered only if the Hero has mastered a magic school.

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 08.08.2009 02:13

HM trigger isn't a good choice, as the player may go into hero screen and see the Expert skill.

ZVSE

!!VRv123:S0 -1; [not sure that S-1 will work]

!?FU123;
!!HEv123:S14/2;
!!VRv123:S0 -1; [not sure that S-1 will work]

!?HL-1;
!!FU123&v123>=0:P;
!!HE-1:S14/3 N?v123;

!?CM0&v123>=0;
!!FU123:P;

!?CM5&v123>=0;

!?BA0&v123>=0;

!?BA50&v123>=0;

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 08.08.2009 08:50

Thank you, now it works. Can I ask why S0 -1 instead S-1?
Now I want to limit this script to only might heroes. I have two choices, using B2 or a loop command through Heroes IDs. The first one seems to work well:

!?HL-1;
!!HE-1:B2/?v234; **check for class
!!FU|v234=1/v234=3/v234=5/v234=7/v234=9/v234=11/v234=13/v234=15:E; **if magic class, exit
!!FU123&v123>=0:P;
!!HE-1:S14/3 N?v123;

Are there any flaws?

Also can anyone link me to a script which doubles the spells damage (if cast at EXPERT level) and the right damage number shown in the magic book when opened? So far I can modify the damage but the real damage will not be shown before cast. Is it possible?

Edit:

After looking at last BAD's script, he choose the class using other:

!!HE-1:B2/?y-7 Ed/?y-8;
!!VRy-99:Sy-7 %2; // only for casters
!!FU&y-99=0:E; // exit the function, if it is a fighter class

I am not sure I understand the Sy-7 %2 part.

Also he increased the spells damage but using 3.59 !!SS command. Does this means 3.58 is unable atm to do it?

!!SS:P?y-2; **can be replaced with !?MG?
!!VRy-3:S10;
!!VRy-4:Sy3:4; 25% din spellpower
!!VRy-5:Sy4:4; 25% din knowledge
!!VRy-6:Sy-8*10:33; 30% din nivelul eroului
!!VRy-2:Sy-3+y-4+y-5+y-6; 25% din spellpower+25% din knowledge+30% din nivelul eroului
!!SS15:Py-2; Magic Arrow

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 09.08.2009 16:04

(08.08.2009 08:50)Valery Wrote:  Thank you, now it works. Can I ask why S0 -1 instead S-1?
I didn't remember whether S-1 works or not.

(08.08.2009 08:50)Valery Wrote:  !!HE-1:S?y1/?y2;
This is wrong of course. It should be
!!HE-1:S14/?y2;
!!FU&y2<2:E;

(08.08.2009 08:50)Valery Wrote:  After looking at last BAD's script, he choose the class using other:

!!HE-1:B2/?y-7 Ed/?y-8;
!!VRy-99:Sy-7 %2; // only for casters
!!FU&y-99=0:E; // exit the function, if it is a fighter class

I am not sure I understand the Sy-7 %2 part.
He did it right. % is division reminder. So, if it is 0, the number is even, otherwise it's odd. Spellcasters classes are odd.This way is better because it would work if new character classes are added.

(08.08.2009 08:50)Valery Wrote:  Also he increased the spells damage but using 3.59 !!SS command. Does this means 3.58 is unable atm to do it?
This can be done by editing memory in 3.58f. You need this only during battle, so it can be done in a clear way.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 15.08.2009 22:12

Thank you Grayface.

I have another question, but keep in mind I never studied any programming so I would need more of a detailed explanation and I am sorry if this bothers you. Anyway, if someone is kind and patient, I need some advices on the next code:

[Store hero's coordinates in y11/y12/y13]
!!HEy8:P?y11/?y12/?y13;

[Calculate distance to object - store in y15]
!!VRy14:Sy11 -y1; [(x1-x2)]
!!VRy14:*y14; [* (x1-x2)]
!!VRy15:Sy12 -y2; [(y1-y2)]
!!VRy15:*y15; [* (y1-y2)]
!!VRy15:+y14; [(x1-x2)*(x1-x2) + (y1-y2)*(y1-y2)]

This is a code from sorcery II script. I am pretty familiar with variables within a function, except with x1, x2 and so on.

From where are they coming on? How Fnord is implying that :

!!VRy14:Sy11 -y1;

has inside the x1-x2 body?
Basically how he calculate the distance from hero to the object.

Thank you for patience :)

ALso: GrayFace or Berserker, there is that patch for making bigger or smaller maps. I was able to create 18x18 and 9000x9000 maps with it. However there are many visual glitches with the minimap, and maps can be played, but not open. Maybe one of you is enough skilled to have a look into it? It would be a huge step if it would work.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 02.10.2009 18:53

Can I ask a loop solution to replace this? !!EA*ID* does not work with BA, but only stack ID

If Serena in battle, all archimages (35) will cast berserk on hit

ZVSE

!?BA0; (when battle starts)
!!HE-1:N?y8;
!!FU&y8<>42:E; exit if not Serena
!!BM0:T?y1; **check every stack type
!!BM1:T?y2;
!!BM2:T?y3;
!!BM3:T?y4;
!!BM4:T?y5;
!!BM5:T?y6;
!!BM6:T?y7;
!?BR;
!!EA-1&y1=35:Bv2/1/99/59/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95;
!!EA-2&y2=35:Bv2/1/99/59/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95;
!!EA-3&y3=35:Bv2/1/99/59/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95;
!!EA-4&y4=35:Bv2/1/99/59/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95;
!!EA-5&y5=35:Bv2/1/99/59/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95;
!!EA-6&y6=35:Bv2/1/99/59/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95;
!!EA-7&y7=35:Bv2/1/99/59/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95/95;

I know there should be a loop command for this but I am blind.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 15.10.2009 13:43

Is there any way to add a new interface dialog where you have to choose between 7 boxes filled with custom pics?

Or at least to modify a standard dialog as:

!#VRz1:S^1^;
!#VRz2:S^2^;
!#VRz3:S^3^;
!#VRz4:S^4^;
!#VRz5:S^5^;
!#VRz6:S^6^;
!#VRz7:S^7^;
!#VRz8:S^8^;
!#VRz9:S^9^;
!#VRz10:S^A^;
!#VRz11:S^B^;
!#VRz12:S^C^;
!#VRz25:S^Choose:^;
!#IF:G0/100/4095/25/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12;
!#IF:M^Your choice is: %V100^;

to store in z1-z12 a pic not larger than a letter and show it instead text?
Like !#VRz1:S^..\data\1st letter.BMP^;

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 15.10.2009 17:13

No way for 3.58f (((

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 15.10.2009 19:05

Ah thats too bad. I am working on a Stargate Atlantis mod and I need the player to select 7 symbols from this list to activate the gate:
Image: 730571symbolsuper.gif

Any ideas how could I achieve this with the actual WoG?

I also have another question about animating a static object. I animated this stargate in two ways (I did several stargates models but was no happy with them, so this is the best I could): first was to create a filter and contract the water circle+frame/save, the second was to create a new frame with color increments and return progressively to normal. I tried all toll from net to create a water animation but they were not good, I thoujght I could do this with white little stars, like in animated artefacts, but could not find a good tool for that. Any has idea how to?
Image: 110d.gif
There are 14 different frames inside (+13 frames return to normal color) but it does not give much effect (it animates but it is not noticeable)...here is the look of both models on map->not animated gif!:
Image: iof.png

The player would need to type 7 symbols from the list in the DHD (the little object) and activate the gate. So far I have no idea how to do this.

Preview of minimaps, 9 planets to explore, each one with custom technological level and layout (good way to use various objects and custom characters)
Image: under.pngImage: surfaceokhz.png

Any advice will be appreciated.

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 16.10.2009 19:49

(15.10.2009 19:05)Valery Wrote:  I am working on a Stargate Atlantis mod and I need the player to select 7 symbols from this list to activate the gate:
I think the easiest way is to create an area on map where these symbols would be placed as 2 or more defs and place something on them when player clicks them.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 16.10.2009 20:04

Good idea, but how to place something on another object?! If there is already an objects (def) I will get error.

I could do it like:

Player clicks on x symbol (object), the click position is stored, and if the position is valid in the list then give next choice to click. If the object is not valid in the 7 symbols list then close the dialog and tell "gate did not recognize the command". My idea was to give a few "symbols" list as there are 9x7 possibilities to activate. Still, the fonts are different and not recognized by Heroes so he will have to write them down on a paper, as I can't bring the list in a dialog. Not sure I am clear, but if you saw the movie, you know what I mean.

@Edit: I got the solution: create for each 7 symbols a bmp, and bring the bmp every time (if correct) the player clicks on a symbol so he can see the next to click without writing down.

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 16.10.2009 21:22

maybe you can make address input with !!DL

and how do you want to make 9 planets? will be this one map or a set of maps, that will dynamically uploading into the memory?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 16.10.2009 22:19

(16.10.2009 21:22)gamecreator Wrote:  a set of maps, that will dynamically uploading into the memory?

Nah, I am a noob at programming, but have many ideas

Image: surfaceokhz.png

Very easy. You see the minimap, there are 9 planets. When the player pass the stargate, he is teleported on a specific planet (depends the code he entered in the DHD) and cursed to blinding while all other planets are covered by fog of war. So, being cursed to blinding , he can't "walk" past the current fog of war, but explore the current planet only (I open the view with !!UN:S)

Example (map is not started yet, only layout, for now I am still working on graphics)
Image: image2mg.jpg

Player explore THIS planet. All others are hidden. The curse will be gone when he takes back the stargate. I can't find DL receiver in my ERM, what is it?

PS: my flying boatSm

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 16.10.2009 22:59

!!DL is the new TE and, afair, Era receiver. it allow you to create non-typical dialog (such as hero view, spell book view etc.)

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 16.10.2009 23:18

I see. I have only 3.58 atm.

Here is Grayface idea and looks good, thank you, a new def for each symbol, 64x64, at 32x32 it was less than one square sometimes and difficult to click right on. Now I have to integrate CM in 9 functions, argh.
Image: image2ei.jpg

Any ideas how to associate a custom sound to right clicking for this unique situation?

RE: Questions and Answers - UksusoFF - 17.10.2009 00:20

Yeeeh SW vs Heroes xD cool!

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 17.10.2009 09:38

SN:S^filenameInData.wav^;
SN:P; play sound

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 17.10.2009 14:26

lol that was easy, sorry for my question. Didn't think the standard will work. Thanks

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 18.10.2009 20:24

I've got an idea. Cover the selected symbols with Uncharted Territory.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 18.10.2009 20:31

What do you mean?
I created them as 32x32 defs then I place them on rock (black) 10x10 terrain and I open a small 7x7 area view when have to select, so the player see ONLY the symbols and can click on them. After he do the code, the symbols are covered again with fog of war.

Image: image2el.jpg

There are two gates, one desactivated and one activated. Both defs replaced monolith exit/entrance to be able to place them with UN:I.
When player did the right code, the inactive gate is replaced with the active one (refresh screen), and the player can pass through. After that, the gate is again replaced with the inactive one.
Image: image2za.jpg

One thing moreSm
My "flying boat" (thanks to illusion created by shadows)
Image: 87344810.gif

I created also a special "water" terrain, so no more beach on swamp/sand, it is passable and anything can be placed under it and accessible by heros.
I need it to place Atlantis city on water, but being accessible by walking in.
For now only 192x128 available because I only need that one.
Image: image2ud.jpg

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 18.10.2009 22:45

I think inactive gate must not shine

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 18.10.2009 23:06

Right, I will change.

@Edit: I don't know but without the blue colors, it looks not so good...Maybe create lights instead of that new color? But it will look as activated too.
Image: image2gq.jpg

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 19.10.2009 13:41

(18.10.2009 20:31)Valery Wrote:  What do you mean?
I created them as 32x32 defs then I place them on rock (black) 10x10 terrain and I open a small 7x7 area view when have to select, so the player see ONLY the symbols and can click on them. After he do the code, the symbols are covered again with fog of war.
I mean, cover symbols player select with fog of war. This will probably work better with 64x64 symbols.

(18.10.2009 20:31)Valery Wrote:  There are two gates, one desactivated and one activated. Both defs replaced monolith exit/entrance to be able to place them
You can set them to be any unused type/subtype combination. However, this way AI will have problems entering them. I'll explain in details if that's ok.

(18.10.2009 20:31)Valery Wrote:  My "flying boat" (thanks to illusion created by shadows)
Nice.

(18.10.2009 20:31)Valery Wrote:  I created also a special "water" terrain, so no more beach on swamp/sand, it is passable and anything can be placed under it and accessible by heros.
If it's properly animated, that's great! I always wanted something like that.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 19.10.2009 15:23

(19.10.2009 13:41)GrayFace Wrote:  I mean, cover symbols player select with fog of war. This will probably work better with 64x64 symbols.

It takes a lot of place at 64x64. But before selecting a symbol, the player is given a bmp with the right symbols to choose, 7 times, (like "here is your list", "now select first/second etc", after selecting the first symbol, show the list again so it should not be difficult to find the right one. I will try with 64x64 and see if covering them with fog works in a proper way. 64x64 raise other minor problems, as clicking on the right square, I think I will have to enable clicking on the 4 adjacent squares to work for every symbol (not all symbols layouts fulfill 4 squares, but only a few, may become confusing). The process of selecting symbols is not a puzzle in itself because it would become very tedious for the player every time to do so. He has to find the right symbols by doing some quests, then use the list freshly acquired on the DHD and travel to another planet. For every of 9 planets he has to acquire a list of symbols, like in the movie.
I did not start the coding yet so I don't know how could 9 lists be included in different CM. Basically I need 9 functions and CM working inside (with absolute cursor position) with 9 different setup and exits if error.

Quote:You can set them to be any unused type/subtype combination. However, this way AI will have problems entering them. I'll explain in details if that's ok.

AI will never enter them, but I will bring him manually in front of them and simulate animation. I prefer to control manually AI in my maps, with so many custom objects, otherwise it is a mess. What you mean by any unused subtype/type? All I want is using new objects and place them with UN:I, so I have to replace the ones who work in this way. Not all types/subtypes can be placed without errors, but monoliths work.

Quote:If it's properly animated, that's great! I always wanted something like that.

No Bad I did not animated it. All I wanted was to be able to create lakes inside land without having beaches, and create a passable water terrain, being able to place any dead ends, labyrinths or traps under it. I did a long research on the net for finding animation tools but all I could find was ridiculous bad. If you could suggest me a way to animated the water, I will certainly try via Photoshop. All the animations I could do until now were contracting parts of the image with filters or change progressively the colors/shadows.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 20.10.2009 02:16

I am working currently on artefacts and gear. Almost all weapons and armors from StarGate are black and they simply look like nothing in the HoMM Interface. An armor as:
Image: 12696883.jpg

gives.....THIS in gameDash1
Image: image2hy.jpg

What should I do? Look for other models just for the layout and forget SG armors or should I change the interface color for only this map?

Same thing for weapons.

One more question (sorry but many things I do them for the first time): Is there a way to change/remove only one bmp directly in Artifacts.def without extracting them ALL or I have to redo/create the whole list everytime I want a new artefact inside?

Or maybe I will stick to those nice good looking guns from WOW. Some of them have a nice SCI FI looking and could work here.

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 20.10.2009 15:46

Try making white glow around black stuff.

(20.10.2009 02:16)Valery Wrote:  One more question (sorry but many things I do them for the first time): Is there a way to change/remove only one bmp directly in Artifacts.def without extracting them ALL or I have to redo/create the whole list everytime I want a new artefact inside?
There is an add-on that allows replace individual cadres in defs: http://wogarchive.ru/files/%D1%EE%F4%F2/alpha1.1.rar
The readme is in Russian, so ask me about things that are hard to understand in it.

P.S. I haven't watched Star Trek.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 20.10.2009 18:19

Thanks for the tool, if you could just paste here the russian read me would be great, so I can copy/traduce it. The text I downloaded does not recognize cyrilic thus I can't translate it.

I don't know how to create a white glow, but a white contour. I guess it is not the same...(any tips?...tutorials online ask for Corel Draw, here Photoshop)
Image: hrart022.jpg

It is not Startrek, but Stargate Atlantis, one of the best series movies around. It ended after 100 episodes and folowed Stargate SG1 series, which ended after 250 episodes. It is like Starwars but different characters, top animations and SCI FI effects.

Pics can be found HERE

I can't believe this did not run in Russia, it is an amazing movie. The best serie around IMHO.

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 21.10.2009 01:53

Valery, can i help you to create the white glow?
I have learned it a few days ago

P.S. Sorry for my English... again Ab

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 21.10.2009 02:01

Sure I want that you help me!

As I was avoiding black items because of no glow, I made a list with more light colors artefacts but black ones are better:
Image: 22815000.png
Image: image2be.jpg
I guess this will take me a lot of scripting Kap

Don't worry about your english, my russian isn't betterSm

Here is a 44x44 source bmp for you. If you can explain me how you do it, I would greatly appreciate
Black Armor

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 21.10.2009 15:27

Ok, i will try to explain you, how i do it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 21.10.2009 17:31

Valery, this is archive. There ara new image with a white glow and a small manual, compiled by me, which explains how to do it. I tried to write the most obvious

Archive

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 21.10.2009 22:01

Thank you Astaroth, going to try it 132

A few questions:

"Third step:
Getting to white glow.
First make the outer glow (Pic. 4)
Opacity set at 100%
create a new layer and combine it with a layer of our artifact (not with a background!) (Pic.5)"

Where do I have to click to create a glow? In filters column? Which one?
Will it work with Photoshop CS <3 too? The CS3 is buggy on my laptop and freezes my computer when running. I have previous version working ok.

"Open Photoshop.
Create a new image with size 44 x 44 (Pic. 1)
Copy into new image your artifact image and your backround image (Pic. 2)
Remove the blue background of the picture image. Minimize it, so that the distance to the edge was at least 2 pixels (Pic. 3)
Ok, now are all ready for create the white glow"

When removing the background, I let it transparent or putting a dark one, as I see in your pics? You used black background.

Is glow useful for all colors artefacts, or only for black ones?

Can you just give me a "click" steps: make layer, click filters, click on "glow" (where is glow and what is the traduction for french arghh), merge layers, create selection etc. Please, it will be easier for me looking at pics and at "click" steps, as all your pics examples are from russian photoshop so no idea where you clicked on.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 21.10.2009 23:00

I have also a "script" question. I want to implement the "ammo" concept. The four creatures from SGA can shoot, but every time they shoot the ammo variable should decrease by 1 and stored between battles

AMMO artefact (bullets for weapons)
Image: image2ft.jpg

Example:
!#VRv99:S100; create ammo variable, will be reseted to 100 every time SGA buys AMMO
!?BG0;
!!BG:A?v4; action shoot
!!BG&v4=7:N?v5; shooting stack=v5
!!BMv5&v4=7/v5>=0/T?v7; shooting stack type
!!FU&v4<>7:E; exit if other action
!!VRv99|v7=174/v7=175/v7=176/v7=178:-1; **if one of the 4 SG members shoot, decrease ammo value

Now: how should I script this to CANCEL shooting ability if v100>=0? I mean, the cursor shows shooting but the action is canceled and the creature can only attack melee.
I tried
!!BG&v99<=0/v4=7:A2; **walk in place if no more AMMO (but it still let me shoot) How to cancel shoot...

Should I remove entirely the ability during battle if v99<=0 like:
!!BG&v99<=0;
!!MA:X174/?v300; save natural abilities in v300
!!VRj:Sv300 &6*-1; check for shooting ability;
!!VRk:Sv300+j; get rid of it if so
!!MA:X174/k;
and for every member? And where to place it in previous code?Dash1

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 21.10.2009 23:17

Valery Wrote:"Third step:
Getting to white glow.
First make the outer glow (Pic. 4)
Opacity set at 100%
create a new layer and combine it with a layer of our artifact (not with a background!) (Pic.5)"

Where do I have to click to create a glow? In filters column? Which one?
Will it work with Photoshop CS <3 too? The CS3 is buggy on my laptop and freezes my computer when running. I have previous version working ok.

This is not a filter. Right click on the layer and choose "Layer Parameters"
Previously I had Photoshop CS2 and it worked normally

Quote:"Open Photoshop.
Create a new image with size 44 x 44 (Pic. 1)
Copy into new image your artifact image and your backround image (Pic. 2)
Remove the blue background of the picture image. Minimize it, so that the distance to the edge was at least 2 pixels (Pic. 3)
Ok, now are all ready for create the white glow"

When removing the background, I let it transparent or putting a dark one, as I see in your pics? You used black background.

Transparent, dark background - this is other layer

Quote:Is glow useful for all colors artefacts, or only for black ones?

Yes

Quote:Can you just give me a "click" steps: make layer, click filters, click on "glow" (where is glow and what is the traduction for french arghh), merge layers, create selection etc. Please, it will be easier for me looking at pics and at "click" steps, as all your pics examples are from russian photoshop so no idea where you clicked on.

Ok, sorry. I try to give you "click" steps.
Just seems I have not turned out very well explain all the steps, showing images from Russian Photoshop.
I'll try to describe all tomorrow

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 21.10.2009 23:20

You explained it very well, it is only that I am a noob at Photoshop effects. I need a detailed way for the first time, after that I will do it myself, as everythingSm

@Edit: Astaroth, I greatly appreciate the help, but I got someone to help me using Photoshop (starting tomorrow a 6 hours lesson) so I can avoid asking help for every little thing. Thank you again Ab

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 23.10.2009 02:12

Valery, here's a detailed description of the action.
Bold action specifically for your artifact.
A simple type of color that will go to create a glow to any artifact

The first step - creating a new image
1. Open Photoshop
2. File --> New. Height - 44, Weigt - 44, Other parameters - no change
3. File --> Open. Open the image background it is called "Fone for Artifacts.jpg"
4. Select the image background is fully and copy it.
5. Paste it, in your new image file. The image will be in a new layer. Let it be known as the "Layer 1"
6. File --> Open. Open the image with your artifact without glow
7. Select the image artifact is fully and copy it.
8. Paste it, in your new image file. The image will be in a new layer. Let it be known as the "Layer 2"
9. Hide Layer 1.
10. Close images with artefacts and background

Now you have an image, which contains three layers:
Layer 2 - The image artifact
Layer 1 - the background for the artifact
Background - general background (not to be confused with a background for the artifact!)

The second step - primary processing
1. Select Layer 1
2. Removing blue background from the Layer 1
Use for this "Background Eraser" with parameter tolerances - 1% (This setting should be is located under the section "Window", i think
3. Edit --> Transform --> Scaling.
4. Now you can resize the image. Change the width and height by 90% (These settings are located under the section about "Filters").
5. Then click on any tool on the toolbar. Window appears, click "Apply"

Now for your image, you can create a normal glow

The third step - the creation of glow
1. Right-click on layer 2 and select "Overlay parameters".
2. Tick parameter "Outer Glow"
3. Structure panel:
    a. Mode - no change
    b. "Opacity" to 100%
    c. Select the desired color. By default - beige (Note! Color of the glow
    from the dark color is almost not visible).
    d. Noise - you can try to change, can get something good
4. Elements panel:
    a. Method - better not to change
    b. Swing - you can try to change, as in the case of the noise can get
    something good
    c. Size - well, then I think everything is clear
5. Quality panel - there is better not to change anything
6. Tick parameter "Inner Glow"
7. Structure panel:
    a. Mode - no change
    b. "Opacity" to 30%
    c. Choose a color that you chose for the parameter "Outer Glow"
    d. Noise - no change
8. Elements panel - there is better not to change anything
9. Quality panel - there is better not to change anything

Now you have created the perfect glow for your artifact

The fourth step - allocation of emission
1. Layer --> New --> Layer. You created a new layer, let it is called "layer 3"
2. Select layer 2 and 3 (by clicking on them with pressed key Ctrl)
3. Right-click on layer 2 and select "Merge layers". Now layer with an artifact should be named "Layer 3"
4. Unhide "Layer 1".
5. Select the "Layer 3" (layer with an artifact)
6. Using the tool "Lasso", select of the image with artifacts and glow (darker parts are not selected)
7. Select the "Layer 1" (layer with a background). Selection should not be canceled!
8. Edit --> Copy
9. Edit --> Paste. You should see a new layer, "Layer 4"
10. Select Layer 1 and delete it
11. Select the layer "Background" and paint it in blue color (R = 0; G = 255; B = 255)

Now you have an image artifact with glow

The fifth Step - Creating image file
1. Image --> Mode --> Indexed color. Window appears, click "Ok"
2. Palette panel:
    a. Local (Selective).
    b. Colors - 256
    c. Force - Black and White
3. Control parameters:
    a. Degree - 20%
4. Then select palette - Custom
5. Change all colors that are shades of blue or close to it in the blue colors (R = 0; G = 255; B = 255). Just do not be carried away by strong replacement colors, and then you can change the color of a fragment of the artifact
6. File --> Save As

Excellent! If you were served properly, then you should get an artifact with the glow! Do not faint, white glow that is imposed on a dirty brown color, in a game that should not be appreciably

I tried to describe each step as much detail. If questions - please!

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 23.10.2009 02:33

wow, thank you, it is a great guide for me! From now even HoTA graphic artist will learn from meGigi

Now going to try all this. 132

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 23.10.2009 02:37

I am always glad to help! if you need something, then you can contact!

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 23.10.2009 04:12

(20.10.2009 18:19)Valery Wrote:  Thanks for the tool, if you could just paste here the russian read me would be great, so I can copy/traduce it. The text I downloaded does not recognize cyrilic thus I can't translate it.
Here it is (Click to View)
The main purpose of this thing is to display semi-transparent pictures.

(21.10.2009 23:00)Valery Wrote:  Now: how should I script this to CANCEL shooting ability if v100>=0? I mean, the cursor shows shooting but the action is canceled and the creature can only attack melee.
I think setting creature Shoots value to 0 should work. Use the DO receiver to change shoots count for all monsters. You can update them after each shot, so that the player can see bullets count by just clicking on monsters.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 23.10.2009 06:54

Thats very interesting, I did not think of. So setup the shoots value to 100 (why zero? and visible when clicking on) and update after each shoot action. The only problem would be storing the remaining shoots between battles, as there are not 100 shoots/battle, but for all battles. But this can be done by decreasing v99 (AMMO value) with every shoot and store it at the end, moving the result to next battle as creature shoots value.
Thanks. I will post my beta script as soon as it will be ready, as for now I am stucked in photoshop graphics (there is so much to do..)

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 25.10.2009 03:57

I have a problem: I created a sound txt file and compiled it to a wog file, with some wavs to change some creatures attacks. The update went well, but in battle the sounds are the same, even if I changed the right ones.
Is there an additional step for this which I am not aware of?

Example: changed PLCHSHOT.WAV. This is the shooting sound for power lich, right? I have uploaded a new one to Heroes.snd but it is still the same inside. What are the steps for uploading a new wav? Placing it in data does nothing, it does not work as battle1-10.wavs or Horse20-30.wavs, which are readed from data if changed.

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 25.10.2009 11:58

i compiled 2 snd's into one by unpacking initial snd's, combining their contents into one and then packing new content into snd.

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 25.10.2009 14:00

Change their extensions to .82m. This should make them read from Data.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 25.10.2009 17:15

@Gamecreator: this is what I have done, but could not import them (update says ok, but still the old wav in side)
@Grayface: you are the man. It worked!
Any idea why battle wav. works but creatures sounds not when wav? My initial idea was to create an empty wav in snd then use various 82m from data regarding the creature actions. More than actual.

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 25.10.2009 23:32

Valery, i didn't import them. i made new snd from all old files and replaced new file. and then i replaced old snd with new. i made it with sndvid editor

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 25.10.2009 23:55

I see. You did that because there is no way to import and replace wavs or it was a personal choice? Because if someone choose to do like you, he has to put in upload the whole new snd. and this is huge...

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 26.10.2009 00:11

it was my personal choice. i didn't try anything else. but, afaik, that program allows appending new wavs into existing snd

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 26.10.2009 00:30

no, it doesn't. but you can add actions sequence, that user must do to install your mod. almost all of them (at least, russian-speaking) can do it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 26.10.2009 07:21

I am a bit confused. I did a test and placed empty sound for one unit in data (PLCHSHOT.82m). Then added the code:

!?BG0;
!!BG:A?v4; action shoot
!!VRz10:S^..\data\newshoot.82m^;
!!SN&v4=7:Pz10; Play it now !

When Powerlich shoots I hear the new sound. When other units shoot I hear only the new sound too (normal) but I should hear both sounds, the original and the new one, as I did not placed their respective empty shoot snd in data.

So far, it seems useless to place an empty attack sound in data. The new 82m replace the original even with different name. Maybe thats how it should work, I was not sure. The good thing is that we can play a different custom sound for each action (defend, move, shoot, wait) but surely you all already know this. The only problem I have is for !!BG:A6; (walk and attack) as I added walk sound compiled with attack sound but the attack sound comes either too early or too late, regardless how far the unit moves...

I will try to remove walk sound from A6, maybe it should have only attack, despite the ERM name.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 26.10.2009 16:21

!?BG0;
!!BG:A?v4 N?v5; action shoot
!!BMv5:T?v6;
!!FU&v6<>[Power Lich Num]:E;
!!VRz10:S^..\data\newshoot.82m^;
!!SN&v4=7:Pz10; Play it now !

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 26.10.2009 19:31

Thank you Efrit, I know how to assign a sound to a specific creature in BG (see page 17 with BG commands). I was only asking if we have to place an empty PLCHSHOT.wav in data before assigning newshoot.82m to replace it (I was thinking the game will read both sounds). But it seems not, it reads only the .82m from data.

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 27.10.2009 23:46

It would be much easier to do this with UN:C. I'll write an example in coming days.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 28.10.2009 00:48

UN:C? I don't have it in 3.58f.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 28.10.2009 01:49

(23.10.2009 02:12)Astaroth Wrote:  The first step - creating a new image
1. Open Photoshop
2. File --> New. Height - 44, Weigt - 44, Other parameters - no change
3. File --> Open. Open the image background it is called "Fone for Artifacts.jpg"
4. Select the image background is fully and copy it.
5. Paste it, in your new image file. The image will be in a new layer. Let it be known as the "Layer 1"
6. File --> Open. Open the image with your artifact without glow
7. Select the image artifact is fully and copy it.
8. Paste it, in your new image file. The image will be in a new layer. Let it be known as the "Layer 2"
9. Hide Layer 1.
10. Close images with artefacts and background

Now you have an image, which contains three layers:
Layer 2 - The image artifact
Background - general background (not to be confused with a background for the artifact!)

The second step - primary processing
1. Select Layer 1
Use for this "Background Eraser" with parameter tolerances - 1% (This setting should be is located under the section "Window", i think
3. Edit --> Transform --> Scaling.
4. Now you can resize the image. Change the width and height by 90% (These settings are located under the section about "Filters").
5. Then click on any tool on the toolbar. Window appears, click "Apply"

Astaroth, there are a few problems. I did as you say in first steps, but I don't know from where you have that white background I can see in your example

"Layer 2 - The image artifact

All I have is TWO layers:
Image: Image2-1.jpg?t=1256676416

No white background as in your example.
After that you say:
1. Select Layer 1

As you see my layer 1 is not blue but brown!
Layer 2 is blue with artefact.

After all the job done the artefact is awful if I remove background. Cyan everywhere, if I remove it in palette it removes all the glow too.
Image: Image2-2.jpg?t=1256678423

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 28.10.2009 05:19

GrayFace, here is the animated water terrain. I really have no idea how to achieve the same animation as the original, although I used the original sources.
Image: 69134310.gif
It animates slightly faster then the standard water. Well...
Water_passable_terrain

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 28.10.2009 18:23

Quote:No white background as in your example.
I see. If you haven,t this layer, create it and name it is General Background

Quote:After that you say:
1. Select Layer 1

As you see my layer 1 is not blue but brown!
Layer 2 is blue with artefact.

Here my error in the description

Quote:After all the job done the artefact is awful if I remove background. Cyan everywhere, if I remove it in palette it removes all the glow too.

Oh ... initially you should be three layers
Image: Vm59o8WCio.jpg

The background color in the layer with the image of the artifact - Transparent
Image: AdSN4PT5nb.jpg

I can not understand how you removed the blue background, so spoiling the picture? Background eraser tool with a tolerance of 1% to remove only one color, in this case the color 0 255 255

The glow you have to do, only after the background image of the artifact will be transparent!

This damn language barrier! If I knew the English language, it would long ago have you all well explained Mad

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 28.10.2009 21:59

@Astaroth, your english is perfect and your generosity huge 132

Here is the difference. Can I have some feedback about? Something wrong about how I did it?

Before

After
Image: image2as.jpg

I have a question: there are 3 red flags defs.
ABF01L.def
ABF02L.def
ABF03L.def

And
AF00.def which is the red flag for map hero. I emptied it so there is no faction color visible.

What are the first three for?

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 29.10.2009 11:32

Quote:Here is the difference. Can I have some feedback about? Something wrong about how I did it?

Before

After
Image: image2as.jpg

Very good, but to illuminate the dark objects can be used not only white glow. Later, try to make an explanation of how to make special effects for the artifacts, such effects as a Armageddon blade or sword of justice. Perhaps it is useful for creating what some special mystical artifacts.
I once made a mistake in the description. Opacity for the outer glow is set at 60% and not 100%

P.S. On the artifact can be the effect of gun shot

P.S.S. Another tip: If the image is slightly blurry, you can apply a filter to "smart" sharpening. This filter will help provide the necessary details in the small picture

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 29.10.2009 11:43

Here is some my artifacts

Image: zACRlHmUVP.jpg

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 29.10.2009 12:43

I guess they are for Terry Pratched mod, they look nice and professional. How many new artefacts will have?

Opacity to 60%? You tell me that after I did all the work at 100% hehe. Ok, maybe I will apply some changes, but I must finish with graphics soon, already 2 months spent on, and I have to design the map, script and debug. That what happens when you work alone, nothing is 100% perfect, but at least the work is finished one day.

Please give me more tips about effects if you know some. I played with gradient for the E2PZ (the artefact with red/yellow graduate glow). In the movie, this artefact is source of energy from anti-matter.

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 29.10.2009 18:07

Quote:I guess they are for Terry Pratched mod, they look nice and professional. How many new artefacts will have?
No, there is only one new artifact - the third artifact - Arcchancellor hat
The first and second artifact - a magic wand and the ring of the Dragon (WoG artifacts)
Quote:Please give me more tips about effects if you know some. I played with gradient for the E2PZ (the artefact with red/yellow graduate glow). In the movie, this artefact is source of energy from anti-matter.
Well, as soon as free time, so I'll write a couple of tips

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.10.2009 14:11

I have a hard time to do a simple command, but it does not work.

The script is:

1) Move view
2) Place animated object where view moved
3) See animation (5-6 seconds)
4) Delete object
5) Redraw map

I tried all things possible, if the command delete exist, it does not show the object appearing. I tried to wait with UN:R6 but this command does not really "wait", but freezes the map instead for the amount desired.

ZVSE

!?LE14/19/0;
!!UN:S30/28/0/0/10; Show area
!!UN:I30/28/0/43/1; place object
!!UN:L30/28/0/500; move view
!!UN:R1; redraw (just in case)
!!UN:R6/10000; wait **if not wait, the object is deleted before it appears. If wait, the object does not appears pfff
!!UN:O30/28/0; delete object
!!UN:R1; redraw

I tried to set messages between steps to debug but same result.

Image: 48225927.gif

What I want: show the landing spacecraft, then delete it. Does not work. If the "delete" is not scripted, it shows the animation then repeat. If "delete" is scripted it shows nothing. I tried also with no animated standard objects, same result.

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 30.10.2009 16:16

try to wait with DO and empty function

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.10.2009 16:42

Something like this?

[...]
!!DO99/0/160/1:P;
!!UN:Ox/y/z;

!?FU99;

Did not notice any change. Is there a way to make a longer loop or specify something to loop in the function that takes up to 6 seconds?

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 30.10.2009 17:18

Valery, I think, is my description of how to work with the artifacts as a separate subject, and collect in the first post everything that happened in general. It will be better than running on the theme and look for what is, and what still has no

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.10.2009 17:27

Now I don't understand. Want me to make a separate thread for graphics?

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 30.10.2009 17:49

Valery, there in NO way in 3.58f. Erm is single-threaded engine. While it's working - nothing else is working.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.10.2009 17:52

Bad

Ok, I will do with it what I can and I will start a new thread regarding my project, to not interfere with others questions. Too bad, I liked th landing ship.

RE: Questions and Answers - Astaroth - 30.10.2009 20:13

Quote:Now I don't understand. Want me to make a separate thread for graphics?

I thought, but now think it would be superfluous

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 30.10.2009 20:16

Yes, opened StarGate thread, so all hints better go there, as here it gets off topic and I bore everyone with my questions.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 06.11.2009 22:06

I've visited Chinese forums today. Admin does his best, but the forum engine is awful. Yeah, we can use google translater to read their posts, but when we login interface remains Chinese (the same with posts). And this is a problem. Also I'm against writing in Chinese in english subforum. Admin wrote that almost all chinese know english. Sounds unbelievable yet.
Compare for instance with this forum. We try to keep alsmost all elemenst in both languages. I switch to english interface and find no differences.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.11.2009 22:21

There are good and less good sides in all forums. Nothing is perfect because it is free and made by fans. I enjoy chinese forums because they are very passionate about WoG and very curious about what is being done with. I am sure that if your Phenix mod was translated in english, they would start translate it in chinese and you will get thousands replies about it. I have no problems translating it with Google. Language is often a barrier but with a bit of effort from both sides it can be aborted.
I would say actually there are 2 big active forums, the russian from forum.df2.ru and the chinese. Heroes community is an insult to WoG or Heroes. I enjoy too this one, however too little users registered.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 06.11.2009 23:12

Valery, would you be so king to ask people at http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10541 to reupload the music archive? I lost my account there Bad
Добавлено:
What's about df2, it's dying.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 06.11.2009 23:22

The music is here
http://rapidshare.com/files/300927683/newmusic.rar.html

I have it too but if I upload will be rapidshare too...

@Edit: it dissipated. I asked him to upload again. I have the music but I already used it to test and messed the names.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 17.11.2009 19:26

I have a question about CM. As I see there is no code for digging box, so must be bring in another way. I tried to open adventure options box and then get the absolute position in pixels (A?y1/?y2) but there are too many values for the digging box and anyway it does not react to my left or right push (keeping bring me that big dialog box, ignoring debug messages and CM:R0 does not avoid the big box popping)

So, after I excluded all options possible I came up with the following solution, the best I could find, but I would like to know if there is another way to get a real dig (special mention- the player will have to dig for "grail" several times and get it several times):

ZVSE

!?CM0;
!!CM:F?y1 I?y2;
!!FU99&y1=512/y2=9:P; If right click on adventure options (left click does not work as it brings big box, whatever I do, any way to disable?)

!?FU99;
!!VRz1:S^Options^;
!!VRz2:S^Dig for treasure^;
!!VRz3:S^Exit^;
!!IF:G1/1/0/1/2/3;
!!CM:R0;
!!FU&v1=2:E;
!!IF&v1=1:M^You dig for treasure and rest for the whole day-temporary dialog^;
!!VRz10:S^DIGSOUND.wav^; external WAVE or 82M file
!!SN:Pz10; Play it now !
!!HE-1:W0;
!!HE-1:P?y1/?y2/?y3;
!!UN:Iy1/y2/y3/124/0; **place hole

Edit: solved with help of Berserker, kudos for adding checks for various situations

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 10.12.2009 00:38

James Vogan sent me his updated version of the fixing experience overflow bug, you may want to use it in 3.59 or ERA or anything, as it fixes a very annoying bug. Here it is:

Code:
ZVSE

** script to prevent creature experience reduction due to overflow. JHV, 2/3/2009
** updated Dec. 1,2009 to correct experience overflow when creatures are
** combined (right-click on creatures in Hero screen to restore their exp.)

* uses v7090-v7105 to store troop & hero ranks @ start of battle
* uses v7106 to store commander status
* uses FU459-FU462

!?BA0&1000; start of (human) battle
!!DO459/0/6/1&v1>-1/v1<156:Pv1; check stacks 0-6 for attacker
!!DO460/0/6/1&v2>-1/v2<156:Pv2; check stacks 0-6 for defender
!!HEv1&v1>-1/v1<156:E?v7104; get att. hero exp.
!!HEv2&v2>-1/v2<156:E?v7105; get def. hero exp.
**IF:M^attacker = %V1 defender = %V2^;

!?FU459; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, store in v[7090+x16)
!!VRvv5:Sy3;

!?FU460; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, store in v[7097+x16)
!!VRv5:Sy3;

!#UN:P3/?v7106; v7106=0 if commanders enabled
!?BA1&1000; end of (human) battle
!!VRv3:C-1/-1; set v3 & v4 to -1
!!HEv1&v1>-1/v1<156:O?v3; get attacker's Owner - will be 0-7 if attacker won
!!HEv2&v2>-1/v2<156:O?v4; get defender's Owner - will be 0-7 if defender won
!!DO461/0/6/1&v3>-1/v3<8:Pv1; check stacks 0-6 for attacker
!!DO462/0/6/1&v4>-1/v4<8:Pv2; check stacks 0-6 for defender
!!HEv1&v3>-1/v3<8:E?v5; get att. hero exp.after battle
!!HEv1&v3>-1/v3<8/v5<v7104:E18975933/50; set att. hero to level 50 if overflow
!!COv1&v7106=0/v3>-1/v3<8/v5<v7104:X1/18975933 X2/50; set att. commander to level 50 if overflow
!!HEv2&v4>-1/v4<8:E?v6; get def. hero exp.after battle
!!HEv2&v4>-1/v4<8/v6<v7105:E18975933/50; set def. hero to level 50 if overflow
!!COv2&v7106=0/v4>-1/v4<8/v6<v7105:X1/18975933 X2/50; set def. commander to level 50 if overflow
**IF:M^attacker = %V1 defender = %V2 OwnerA = %V3 OwnerD = %V4^;

!?FU461; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, vs. v[7090+x16)
!!HEx1&y4>y3:C0/x16/d/d/11/12; set rank to 11 if negative experience was gained (overflow occurred)

!?FU462; get exp. rank of troop in slot x16 of hero x1, vs. v[7097+x16)
!!HEx1&y4>y3:C0/x16/d/d/11/12; set rank to 11 if negative experience was gained (overflow occurred)

!?CM2; click on Hero screen
!!CM:F?v1 I?v2; get flag and clicked object values
!!FU|v1<>512/v2<68/v2>74:E; exit if not right-click or not creature slot
!!VRv2:-68; now v2=slot # from 0 to 6
!!HE-1:C0/v2/?y1/?y2/?y3/2; y1=type, y2=no., y3=experience
!!HE-1&y3<0:C0/v2/d/d/11/12; set rank to 11 if negative experience was gained (overflow occurred)

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 12.12.2009 10:37

What is needed to shoot with (let's say) gorgon? It has frames, I gave him 4 bits flag, it has ammo, but keeps saying missing "sprite" and sfx.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 12.12.2009 16:20

Maybe upload def and someone will test it...

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 12.12.2009 16:36

Ok thanks:
I think it requires a .82m sound file for shooting, not sure what name to give, and also surely needs to be linked to a projectile frame, my first time doing this so not sure, sorry.

!#MA:X102/4;
!#MA:N102/24;
Gorgon kinda

I have also a hard time to replace elves and grand elves. Any other shooter can be replaced easily but those two keep crashing the game on shoot, they have a specific attack frame which I am not able to reproduce.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 13.12.2009 07:52

My thoughts are that it may have to do with missile settings in Cranim.
Image: image2i.jpg

I modified the gorgons settings to similar to lizards, cyclops, archers but still crashes. Mainly because I get an error message before the battle:
Image: image2ff.jpg

I already created a cgorshot.82M so the sound is not a problem anymore.
I am particularly interested by the columns right-adjacent to "upper/right/lower-missile" as the number are never the same:

Archers:50
Marksmans:53
Elves:50
G elves:55
mages:-26
Archim:-28
Etc.

Any knows the technical aspects of Cranim.txt? Or maybe both CRtrait and cranim must be modified in a similar way? I have a CRTRAIT0.txt and a CRTRAIT.txt, have no ideaz which is the right one.

RE: Questions and Answers - GrayFace - 13.12.2009 11:27

You can see creature sounds prefixes in DefTool on "Misc" tab. The sound should be named cgorshot.82m.
You're right about CrAnims.txt. You'll need to change "Attack Climax Frame" for elves. It's the number of frame in attack animation on which an arrow flies out or the enemy gets hit.
How can the experience overflow bug be reproduced?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 13.12.2009 11:36

It is not difficult for me to get the sounds or change the AF to elves. The difficulty is to make a non shooter a shooter. Any did it so can explain me whats the trick? (Not to mention that after modifying Cranim.txt values in /DATA my editor .exe was out of use and I had to reinstall all WOG + millions objects)

The experience bug, here it is:

MAP BUG

It is a test map for tracking the bug. After Aeris fights five of the God creatures (quick combat to do), each of his four stacks of Lords of Thunder will be at level 10 experience, and if you then combine them into one stack, a negative experience overflow will result - which you can fix in the Hero screen by right-clicking on them.
(This is not a perfect solution - using the floating point e-variables in the script would be better - but I think it is "good enough".)

Apparently, during combination, the total experience of the combined stack is calculated as a 4-byte integer, by multiplying each stack experience by the number of troops in the stack, and adding the stack totals together.
When this number exceeds 2.14 billion (about 17,000 level-10 Power Liches), the total experience becomes a negative (4-byte) integer.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 21.12.2009 14:21

Back to shooting for non shooters:

There is this topic created by Chortos HERE

I translated it but still do not understand very well how it works, mostly because the first script did not work properly then he added commands, so everything is scattered through 4 pages.

If I understand well, the first step is to assign to x1 the type of projectile:

!!FU#:P0/<номер существа>/<тип снаряда>;

From the list here:

Типы снаряда соответствуют стандартным изображениям снарядов для следующих существ:

* 0 — лучник (исключение: для существа № 196 — драколич);
    * 1 — монах;
    * 2 — эльф;
    * 3 — мастер‐гремлин;
    * 4 — маг;
    * 5 — титан;
    * 6 — гог;
    * 7 — лич;
    * 8 — медуза;
    * 9 — орк;
    * 10 — циклоп;
    * 11 — ящер;
    * 12 — ледяной элементаль;
    * 13 — полурослик;
    * 14 — катапульта;
    * 15 — баллиста.

But right after that he uses

!!FU#:P1/<номер существа>/?<тип снаряда>; (same)

to assign Color coded beam number (my translation sucks):

* 0 — зеленый; 0 - green;
    * 1 — белый; 1 - white;
    * 2 — черный. 2 - Black. (what is it?)

After that my problem is the translation. He specifies that a sound 82M should be added, as well as shooting frames. But he also talks about a missile def (in that specific case--> for peasants)

The people write the script but not working. At the end Chortos comes up with a (?) final version (but everyone adds something, and I don't get it):

ZVSE
!#MA:N139 /16;
!#MA:X139/?i;
!#VRi:|4;

!#MA:X139/i;
!#FU29900:P139/3;

!?FU6000;

Make sure the creature number is valid
!!VRx3&x1=1/x2<2:S-1;
!!VRx3&x1=1/x2>146:S-1;
!!FU|x2<2/x2>146:E;

Get the correct address
!!VRx2:+4447138;

Do what they ask us to do
!!UN&x1=0:Cx2/1/x3;
!!UN&x1=1:Cx2/1/?x3;

!#MA:X139/?i;
!#VRi:|4;
!#MA:X139/i;
!#MA:N139/16;
!#FU6000:P0/139/11;

from what I understand this time x1 is creature ID, x2 =3 (3 what is? number of shooting def? or color beam or...?)
but I don't understand most of additional comments. Anyone got this script working? Is there a need for a "PPEASX.def (?)" as well or simply the script assigns an existing projectile?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 31.12.2009 01:34

I came along a exe (flash player) file which comes with a .swf file and both in same folder plays a flash movie. What I need is the sounds inside.

I used PE explorer to surf the exe and swf opener for the swf file, but it does not want to open. Is there a way to extract sounds from those? I suppose the wavs are in flash player file (the exe) right?

It has HIGH quality sounds which I couldn't find elsewhere.

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 31.12.2009 03:24

SWF Decompiler, Flash Decompiler, SWF to Flex, SWF To FLA

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 31.12.2009 04:06

Thanks a lot, I could extract the first two sounds then it asked for keygen. Searching for one...132

@Edit: Got them all Ab

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 02.01.2010 03:32

Mostly a question for GrayFace:

Do you know where is stored the "decorative object" description we get in game for a type 40 object, so I can change it to "hills" or whatever? I browsed all the txt files but could not find it.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 08.01.2010 14:45

Is there anyway to disable a battle if conditions are not given, and re enable the monster after visiting it?

Code:
!?OB54; **monster
!!IF&v2013<1:Q1^Watch out! You don't have any bullets left! Still want to go?^;
!!OB998&-1:S; **until here works, monster group is disabled
!$OB998:R; **does not work, want to re-enable the monster after visit without triggering the battle. I tried to "wait" using:

!!VRv99:S0 T100; random number based on current time
!!VRy-1:S0 T100; random number based on current time
!!FU&y-1=v99:E;
but still the battle is enabled if flag 1 is false

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 08.01.2010 18:02

You want in pre-trigger to disable the battle and in post-trigger to enable? Why?

!?OB54;
!!IF&v2013<1:Q1^Watch out! You don't have any bullets left! Still want to go?^;
!!OB998&-1:S;
!!FU&-1:E;
!!OB998:R;

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 08.01.2010 19:21

Can't believe I did not see it. Thanks 132

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 13.01.2010 01:26

Those damnt res boxes drive me crazy. I tried all palettes possible, all colors and still I get the worse result I could imagine. Any knows what is the secret for replacing them? Also they do recognize only 3 colors.
Image: image2nv.jpg

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 27.02.2010 07:21

When testing my WoG maps I always use a "cheat" mode so I can change instantly every detail without restarting map. It changes everything, from bugged passability to neutrals stats/numbers, heroes stats, skills and spells in one click. But there is only one thing which I can't figure how to give, it is customized experience ranks to neutrals

Here is how it looks (part of it, it is huge)
Code:
!?CM5;

!!CM:I?v1; [Area clicked: v1]
!!CM:F?v2;   [Control key]
!!FU&v1<>37/v2<>4:E; exit if not Ctrl+left click on adventure map

!!CM:P?y1/?y2/?y3;
!!OBy1/y2/y3:T?y4 U?y5; Check type/subtype on square clicked
IF:M^Type is %Y4 and subtype is %Y5^;
!!TRy1/y2/y3:E?y6; Check square (yellow or red)
!!TRy1/y2/y3:P?y12; Check if passable
!!FU2222&y6=1/y4<>34/y4<>54/y12=0:Py1/y2/y3;   **if not yellow square/creature/hero change passability
!!FU2223&y4=34/v2=4:Py1/y2/y3;  Hero
!!FU2224&y4=54/v2=4:Py1/y2/y3; Creature

!?FU2222;   **change passability  x1, x2, x3 = coordinates
!!VRz988:S^Walk anywhere^;
!!VRz989:S^Click on any square where there is no Hero, Creature or Artefact to make it passable^;
!!UN:A90/9/988;  **change boots of levitation description
!!UN:A90/10/989;
!!IF&v1=37/v2=4:Q1/8/90/2^Do you want to make this square passable?^;
!!UN:A90/9/0; ** restore boots of levitation description
!!UN:A90/10/0;
!!FU&-1:E;
!!IF:M^DONE!^;
!!TRx1/x2/x3:P1; square is passable now

!?FU2223; x1-x3 coordinates
!!IF:V1/1;
!!HEx1/x2/x3:N?y-99; get number
!!HEy-99:C0/0/?y1/?y2 C0/1/?y3/?y4 C0/2/?y5/?y6 C0/3/?y7/?y8;
!!HEy-99:C0/4/?y9/?y10 C0/5/?y11/?y12 C0/6/?y13/?y14;
!!IF:M^Which slot you wish to change?^;
!!VRz2:S^Enter the slot number^;
!!IF:D25/2/2/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0;  [4]
!!IF:F25/0/0/0/0/1;
!!IF:E1/25;
!!VRz1:H5; **check if text entered, flag 5=1 if yes
!!VRv2002:S0;
!!VRv2002&5:Vz1; convert string to value
!!FU&v2002<0:E; [5]
!!IF:M^How many creatures you want in %V2002 slot?^;
!!VRz2:S^Enter the number^;
!!VRv2003:S0;
!!VRv2003&5:Vz1; convert string to value
!!FU&v2003<0:E; [5]
!!IF:M^What type of creatures you want in slot %V2002?^;
!!VRz2:S^Enter the number^;
!!VRv2004:S0;
!!VRv2004&5:Vz1; convert string to value
!!FU&v2004<0:E; [5]
!!HEy-99:C0/v2002/v2004/v2003;
!!IF:M^DONE^;

!?FU2224;   [Change creature stats]
!!OBx1/x2/x3:T?y4 U?y5;
!!UN:N3/z3/y5/1; **get name at plural
!!MA:Ay5/?y6;  attack
!!MA:Dy5/?y7;  defense
!!MA:My5/?y8; low damage
!!MA:Ey5/?y9; high damage
!!MA:Py5/?y10; HP
!!MA:Sy5/?y11;  Speed
!!MA:Ny5/?y12; shots
!!MOx1/x2/x3:R?y14/1; Aggression
!!MOx1/x2/x3:G?y13; Number
!!VRz970:S^Choose which characteristics to change for %Z3^;
!!VRz971:S^Change Attack->current is %Y6^;      v1=1
!!VRz972:S^Change Defense->current is %Y7^;     v1=2
!!VRz973:S^Change Low damage->current is %Y8^;  v1=4
!!VRz974:S^Change High damage->current is %Y9^; v1=8
!!VRz975:S^Change Hit Points->current is %Y10^; v1=16
!!VRz976:S^Change Speed->current is %Y11^;      v1=32
!!VRz977:S^Change number of shots^;            v1=64
!!VRz978:S^Change monster stack's aggression->current is %Y14^;  v1=128
!!VRz979:S^Set the number of monsters->currently they are %Y13^;        v1=256
!!VRz980:S^Exit^;                              v1=512
!!IF:G1/1/1/z970/z971/z972/z973/z974/z975/z976/z977/z978/z979/z980;
!!FU&v1=512:E;

!!FU2225&v1=1:Py5/y6;  x1=subtype, x2=attack
!!FU2226&v1=2:Py5/y7;  x1=subype, x2=defense
!!FU2227&v1=4:Py5/y8;  x1=subtype, x2=Low damage
!!FU2228&v1=8:Py5/y9;  x1=subtype, x2=High Damage
!!FU2229&v1=16:Py5/y10;x1=subtype, x2=HP
!!FU2230&v1=32:Py5/y11;x1=subtype, x2=speed
!!FU2231&v1=64:Py5/y12; x1=subtype, x2=shots
!!FU2232&v1=128:Px1/x2/x3/y14/y5;   x1,x2,x3=coordinates, x4=aggression, x5=subtype
!!FU2233&v1=256:Px1/x2/x3/y5/y13; x1,x2,x3=coordinates, x4=subtype, x5=number
[....]

I would like to introduce the option "give x experience rank" to monster on that square but could not figure how. Any ideas?

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 04.03.2010 00:00

How do we remove all commands for Movie Maker from regedit? I think I lost the path where all the movies are stored, and any time I open Movie Maker, it show "invalid" path/crash and no way to reinstall it, it shows same each time.

The option remove application movie maker is not available in control panel. I am lost here.

RE: Questions and Answers - DeJay - 29.06.2010 02:28

i have a question for the wog team: are u going to leave the shaman as a commander of fortress in 3.59? according to the lore the shamans should belong to the barbarians,stronghold.

RE: Questions and Answers - Valery - 29.06.2010 04:44

The name and description of one unit is their last trouble.

RE: Questions and Answers - DeJay - 29.06.2010 04:48

a game without a correct lore is = 0 and u know it. details like this make the game better .

RE: Questions and Answers - gamecreator - 29.06.2010 12:15

(29.06.2010 02:28)DeJay Wrote:  according to the lore the shamans should belong to the barbarians,stronghold.
did you really read those descriptions?

RE: Questions and Answers - DeJay - 08.07.2010 18:08

i did and there's nothing relevant.it only sais how the commander met the hero and they fought together on the battlefield ever since.play heroes chronicles and u'll se that shamans are wise people who [some of them] become advisors of barbarians [in the world tree and the fiery moon when tarnum was a barbarian, he had 2 shamans at his side; in the revolt of the beastmasters, though, when tarnum is a beastmaster there is no mention about shamans at all]
another reason: barbarians are the only people who believe in the Ancestors. Shamans pray to the Ancestors and call for their help too.

Battle faction flags - Valery - 14.01.2011 06:29

Anyone knows what are the defs for the battle heros flags? I changed every single flag I could find in LOD but they still there, pesky flags!

RE: Battle faction flags - pHOMM - 15.02.2011 13:37

I think you are looking for theese cmflagr.def and cmflagl.def they are in h3sprite.lod

RE: Battle faction flags - etoprostoya - 15.02.2011 16:55

This problem was solved a month ago Sm

RE: Battle faction flags - pHOMM - 15.02.2011 17:25

i know ))) contacted Valery )) but if anybody else needs it too

RE: Questions and Answers - packa - 03.05.2011 13:39

Have you any news about WoG 3,59?

RE: Questions and Answers - Heroesmaster - 20.10.2012 18:28

Hi guys, what program do you use to reduce big images to smaller ones with preserving clear edges? I use photoshop nearest neighbor, but it still screws up very small images.

What happened? - Darty - 07.01.2013 14:40

This thread is of course about wog 3.59.As i head the project was closed Bad this winter, but just what happened?I mean what where/are the final goals of wog 3.59 , witch of them were achieved and what remained to be done?Also why is the testing forum gone?

RE: What happened? - Berserker - 07.01.2013 19:10

As far as I know, nothing happened for quite a long time. That's the point. Wihtout developing testing became odd. So the project is totally frozen.

RE: What happened? - Darty - 07.01.2013 20:16

well if you guys are so stuck, why don t u ask help from the community?also in what percent wog 3.59 is done?as i asked above, whare are the current objectives of this great mod?Are they technicall problems? If so, from what i saw era II fights for diminuished limits in modding, and when vcmi will be done there shouldn t be any more limits?can t any of these 2 project help and ressurect wog?

RE: What happened? - Berserker - 07.01.2013 20:50

I have doubts any of wog team will answer here.

Quote:well if you guys are so stuck, why don t u ask help from the community?
Because Hota didn't ask the community. Same reason. Either I do all the work myself or do nothing at all.

Quote:also in what percent wog 3.59 is done?
Same as 3-4 years ago +/- 5%.

Quote:Are they technicall problems?
No active members and energy.

Quote:shouldn t be any more limits?
The only thing that can be ported on Era or VCMI is graphics + probably ERM scripts. I don't think that graphics will ever be released to public.

Quote:and ressurect wog?
Maybe VCMI is the path, the time will show.

RE: What happened? - toney - 06.02.2013 16:40

(07.01.2013 20:50)Berserker Wrote:  Maybe VCMI is the path, the time will show.

So you may unite with VCMI team, they are working hard.

RE: Questions and Answers - Archer30 - 16.06.2020 15:26

Is it possible to rename a building in town w/o txt, like with erm+json? (so that I could have multi-language support

RE: Questions and Answers - Algor - 16.06.2020 16:04

Berserker Wrote:SN:H^building^/town/building/text
Но, будет только в ERA 3. Хотя может и в 2.9.14 добавит вместе с названиями и описаниями артефактов. Sm

RE: Questions and Answers - Archer30 - 16.06.2020 16:13

That's really good to know, thanks Algor!

RE: Questions and Answers - Archer30 - 16.06.2020 21:46

Berserker, sorry this is a question specifically for you.

Do you still have the source code of the plugin for Chinese character support that passed to you years ago? It seems to be lost from us now...

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 16.06.2020 22:41

Algor, SN:H^building^ точно нигде не анонсирован и отсутствует в журналах изменений.
Archer30, Chinese community should not lost plugins, created by Chinese community Fie
Here you are:
https://dropmefiles.com/fBVjD

RE: Questions and Answers - Algor - 17.06.2020 01:54

(16.06.2020 22:41)Berserker Wrote:  Algor, SN:H^building^ точно нигде не анонсирован и отсутствует в журналах изменений.
Мне знакомый чувак из культа карго сказал, что способ 100% рабочий.

И вообще, зануда, не обламывай пользователя, он уже обрадовался Yes

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 17.06.2020 02:17

Понял, понял. Способ, конечно, рабочий. Но не грех, так сказать, продублировать в виде изменения txt-файлов 96-copy

RE: Questions and Answers - Archer30 - 17.06.2020 07:03

Berserker, things happened Dash1

Now the whole community thanks you 96-copy

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 17.06.2020 14:58

Archer30, em, I'll mention in the changelog, that all credits go to Algor )))

RE: Questions and Answers - Archer30 - 27.06.2020 10:52

Hello, how do I supposed to add Chinese localization to the igrik's plugin Spells Description without replacing English? Thanks!

RE: Questions and Answers - Berserker - 27.06.2020 13:12

We should ask igrik to use Era json files. There was an issue with really old Visual Studio, not supporting {...} syntax for vector construction in C++. Igrik didn't try new 'tr' Era function, but I think, it's solvable.

RE: Questions and Answers - Archer30 - 27.06.2020 13:37

Thanks Berserker, I will ask him and see if he'd like to update his plugin to the modern way. :D