Wake of Gods Forum | Форум Во Имя Богов
ERA II - Printable Version

+- Wake of Gods Forum | Форум Во Имя Богов (http://wforum.heroes35.net)
+-- Forum: Герои Меча и Магии 3.5 WoG/ERA (/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+--- Forum: Обсуждение WoG (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Forum: English subforum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=64)
+---- Thread: ERA II (/showthread.php?tid=3635)

ERA II - Berserker - 05.02.2012 00:05

Image: eralogo.png

Name: Era II + WoG 3.58f [converted to mod]
Version: 2.461
Size: 84.6 MB
Download: Direct link
Alt. download: N/A.
Intro: Read
Requires: SoD/Complete, NOT WoG

Credits: Bes, Darkloke, Jim Vogan, Sav, solitaire345, Valery (Salamandre), ZVS, HC community and others.

Features:
Image: lightbulb.gif Mod System.
Easily installed and uninstalled mods with advanced compatibility and extensibility, plugins and patches, mod manager and plugin manager with GUI (by SyDr).
Image: lightbulb.gif Portability.
Game and mods are fully portable. No traditional installation process, registry problems or CD requirements (optional).
Image: lightbulb.gif Advanced editor.
Integrated patch by GrayFace with mod support, custom plugins for editor, etc.
Image: lightbulb.gif Supplied mods.
Yona (new battle hint, new creature abilities).
Fast Battle Animation (speeds-up sounds, pre-battle music, battle animation).
Secondary Skills Scrolling
(no hidden skills, view up to 28 skills).
Lots of patches (see manual for details).
Image: lightbulb.gif Custom buttons, objects packs, colored texts, improved multiplayer, dozens of tweaks, etc.

Goals.
Image: lightbulb.gif Ability to use third-party plugins and patches.
Image: lightbulb.gif Fix game and ERM scripting language bugs, make the development and debugging cycle for mods easier, make it easier to keep scripts compatibile with each other.
Image: lightbulb.gif Extension of the ERM language with new commands and events.
Image: lightbulb.gif Use of colored text in game dialogs.
Image: lightbulb.gif Simplified mod installation.
Image: lightbulb.gif Unification and standardization of game engine development.

Latest changes.

Version 2.4 August, 31.
------------------------
[+] GrayFace's patch for editor was updated. Passability editing dialog now understands mod system.
[+] Fixed battle hint and log for modified by ERM damage from towers, moat and magic.
[+] Added fix for handling of negative offsets in fonts. Author - Sav.
[+] Added ERM scripts preprocessing. A sequence of three and more exclamation characters is treated as a comment and cut from source code at loading. Old WoG maps will not show error dialog at start.
[+] Added fixes for fire elemental and hell baron by Bes.
[+] Added "all war machines in blacksmith.dll.off" plugin by baratorch. It allows to buy all machines of war in blacksmith.
[+] Fixed WoG campaign error.
[+] Updated ERM UN:V command. WoG version is 400 now, ERM version is Era version * 1000.
[+] MMArchive was updated by Chinese programmer to support *.pac extension.
[+] File "era.h" was updated and now supports MSVC 9. Author - Sav.
[+] Added text tables editor by GrayFace.
[+] Commanders and emissaries are displayed in editor.
[*] Mod list generation mechanism was changed to a fully portable variant. Game loads mod list from file "Mods\list.txt" now. The lower the mod is in the list, the higher its priority is. Duplicates and blanks are ignored, as well as not existent items. Mods which are not mentioned in the list are considered disabled.
[*] Mod manager, plugin manager and Era Start Menu were updated.
[*] Jim Vogan's scripts were updated, some of them received options in WoG menu.
[*] Emerald tower can be visited only once, as it was in original 3.58f.
[*] InstallMod was updated to satisfy the requirements.
[-] Fixed a critical bug in era.dll. If any mod folder had attributes, it was not added to mod list at game start.
[-] Fixed OnBattleMouseHint event. If player has detailed statistics off in battle options, damage arguments are set to -1.
[-] Fixed and improved logging.
[-] Fixed problem with Yona and "0 (0)" battle hint.
[-] Fixed Era 1.81..Era 2.4 code used to modify memory blocks.
[-] Fixed bug in text scanner. No more hangs because of colored strings if the form of "{~...}...{~".
[-] Fixed bug in secondary skills boost. Credits: Valery.

Version 2.3 June, 10.
----------------------
[+] Added support for negative z, e, y variables to all Era commands.
[+] Added DL-Dialogs editor by GrayFace. It's tool #16 in Era Start Menu.
[+] Added fixed snow objects for adventure map.
[+] Added updated lakes by Darkloke.
[+] Added support for "no secondary skills limit" patch to "battle academy" and "school of wizardry" scripts.
    Author: majaczek.
[*] Era Start Menu now displays current page number in title.
[*] If duplicates are found in zeobjts files, map editor reports error instead of crashing.
[*] Plugin "all war machines in blacksmith.dll.off" is considered deprecated and was removed.
[-] Fixed avwattak.def which caused rare crashes.

RE: ERA II - Darty - 05.02.2012 10:30

this is great bers,thaks.now a noob question:how do i install the previos wog mods?those packed in a .wog

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 05.02.2012 15:23

Darty, thanks. You cannot install wog-archiives anymore. Their contents is to be converted into mods.

RE: ERA II - Darty - 05.02.2012 18:21

and...how do yo do that? :">

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 05.02.2012 19:11

Mod is a folder with the same structure as game/wog 3.58f had. Resources are packed into snd/vid/pac archives using MMArchive.

RE: ERA II - Gombiel - 17.02.2012 00:56

Great job, but is it possible to use HiRez with this mod? If so, could you explain how to install HiRez on Era II?
Thanks in advance.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 17.02.2012 15:43

The same way as it's done on other version. HD 3.X can launch any executable file, afair. Still did not tested it.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 11.06.2012 01:03

Updated to 2.3.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 01.09.2012 17:36

Updated to 2.4.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 08.06.2014 11:31

I've made a small mod which notifies the number of retaliations a stack still has (red=none) and the number of spells remaining (eg:archangel, faerie dragon)
But I think it would display better with Yona. First I wanted to be mouse hovering related, but if the cursor is sword (attack action), it does not display. So I let it as right-click, if anyone has a better idea, improve it.

Display Retaliations

Image: 70170877458.jpg

Right-click: retaliations
Ctrl+left-click: number of spells remaining

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 08.06.2014 18:21

It should display even for attack cursor, strange. It was displayed when I wrote first script with half of Yona functionality in ERM. Of courser it would be nice to see on hover.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 08.06.2014 18:58

don't know why, works with all cursors except sword, tried both Yona and without, same. This was first:

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 08.06.2014 20:44

!!MM0 will be triggered on the hex left/right/top/etc to target stack when sword cursor appears. Era added new trigger, better suitable for this case (77014 perhaps, look at era history log in Help).

RE: ERA II - Valery - 08.06.2014 21:09

Hmm, I have no idea how to use that function, from what I see it is either 77012 or 77013, but both are triggered when I press attack, not when hover mouse. 105

Would be something close to this? Not working...

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 09.06.2014 02:18

That's because you have statistics turned off in battle options, so damage is not displayed on hover at all otherwise
!?FU77013;
!!IF:L^Hi^; would work.
Am I right?

Ah, forgot. If FU77013 triggers, then store the result in SN:W var and display in !?MM. MM will occur right after.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 09.06.2014 03:18

I had all statistic on, but for some reason I can't display on mouse hover some extra info. Tried to combine FU77013 with MM0 but can't figure out how to. Thanks anyway.

For now I will leave on mouse click, but if one day you work more on Yona, maybe add options to display also retals and number of spells remaining. In huge battles is very helpful, especially when so many creatures get 5 retals in wog random abilities.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 09.06.2014 15:55

Ok.

RE: ERM-Справочник (ДракоЛича). v2.82 - Valery - 14.06.2014 18:38

I tried tew3 with "call to arms" (bers.pack) and many simple scripts using v1-v4 do not work anymore when using call to arms. 36

Can't figure what's wrong.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 15.06.2014 02:49

Using v1..v4???
Could you give any particular example?
Most probably v1 is screwed on key press, this can be easily healed by:

999 keyboard fix start.erm
ZVSE
!?FU77003;
!!SN:W^SavedV1^/v1;

ZVSE
!?FU77003;
!!SN:W^SavedV1^/?v1;

RE: ERA II - Valery - 15.06.2014 09:31

For example, once I activated call to arms, barrels script stopped working until I replaced v1-v4 inside with v5-v8:

The strange thing is that the message correctly said "you got x attack" etc but hero stats didn't move at all

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 15.06.2014 13:27

What is the point of using OW:A instead of HE-1?

RE: ERA II - Bes - 15.06.2014 13:53

gamecreator, есть резон, когда скажем мы вновь загружаем игру и тут же нажимаем пробел, если герой стоял на объекте... почему-то HE-1 ещё не видит того активного героя, а вот OW:A-1 срабатывает как надо...
(опытные изыскания)

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 16.06.2014 00:56

Valery, that's because you press Enter in IF:Q dialog. Event OnKeyPress 77003 occures and call to arms rewrites v1, because v1 is rewritten on any ERA SN:E call. So look at the universal proposed solution above. We save v1 before key press event handlers and restore after.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 16.06.2014 05:03

Ah ok, I forgot the same script was added to wog revised to fix, thanks.

gamecreator, what Bes said, HE-1 is not 100% safe, but OW one is always.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 17.06.2014 01:44

(16.06.2014 20:31)Berserker Wrote:  Era 2.55.2 dll

Quote:* 56ee88f 2014-06-16 Version 2.55.2 (HEAD, master) [Berserker]
* b0e027f 2014-06-16 Refactored debug code dealing with module dumping and address resolution [Berserker]
* 85a9e77 2014-06-16 Ignore *.map and *.drc files [Berserker]
* 4582fe8 2014-06-16 Added address module resolution for debug event list [Berserker]
* 3dfbf9b 2014-06-15 F11 can now be pressed in any screen. Erm memory dumping beca,e safer in the matter of extracting ERM command context [Berserker]
* 3f216b3 2014-06-14 Added dumping of winpe modules on F11 [Berserker]
* b6573c5 2014-06-14 Fixed small bug caused by lowering idents script. ExecErmCmd contents was lower cased [Berserker]
* 4174d7a 2014-06-14 F11 dumps all available debug information. In event list only events with handlers are shown in the handlers section. [Berserker]
* c08cd5a 2014-06-13 Added function DumpEventList [Berserker]
* 7c925be 2014-06-13 Added GenerateDebugInfo procedure and OnGenerateDebugInfo event [Berserker]
* d0c7231 2014-06-13 Moved erm memory dumping code to a separate function (origin/master) [Berserker]
* b3e13fc 2014-06-13 Added statistics for each event ever fired or registered [Berserker]
* 90c2f8e 2014-06-11 erm memory dump.txt => debug folder [Berserker]
* a678962 2014-06-11 Lower cased idents [Berserker]
* 2108022 2014-06-11 Era settings are read from "default era settings.ini" on failure. Invalid integer options produce log warnings. [Berserker]
* f84f495 2014-06-11 -) United debug folder: Era\Debug -) eralog.txt => log.txt -) VFS is installed after reading heroes3.ini settings -) Debug.Everything can turn on every debug option -) Specific debug options: Debug.LogVirtualFileSystem, Debug.DumpSavegameSections [Berserker]
* 43fbb15 2014-06-11 Idents transformed to lower case [Berserker]
* d90067e 2014-06-10 Fixed PO bug: PO was not load on game loading [Berserker]
* 195a1b7 2014-06-10 Fixed comment [Berserker]
* b71a179 2014-06-10 Removed unused variable [Berserker]
* 93f3d35 2014-06-10 Quick-fix for PO (needs improvement). Normilized section names if savegames [Berserker]
* 5e544f7 2014-06-02 Improved debug logging of sections [Berserker]
* ed17f66 2014-06-02 Added debug flag, available for changing at runtime and controlled by heroes3.ini. Added debug dumping of savegame sections [Berserker]
* 65a3d88 2014-05-31 Version 2.55.1.0 [Berserker]

Valery, if you have free time and separate folder to test Era 2.55+, it would be very kind of you to play something like WoG Revised using Era 2.55 + library above.

Not until next week, exams and concert this week. But once holidays on, I will gladly test.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 18.06.2014 03:10

Not sure what I have to add to make FU77003 work:

This?

!?FU77003;
!!SN:W^SavedV1^/v1;

!?FU77003;
!!SN:W^SavedV1^/?v1;

Because Call to arms screwed all my scripts, all search for objects in v1/v2/v3 now returns 'can't find more objects'. Added the above, nothing solved. When I delete FU77003; all other are ok...I am confused.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 18.06.2014 18:48

Create file 999 keyboard fix start.erm:
Create file -999 keyboard fix end.erm

RE: ERA II - Valery - 18.06.2014 23:29

Solved, thanks.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 19.06.2014 21:07

I'm the lord and master of the sword…ups, wtf I'm singing about? Sm
Welcome Rolleyes

RE: ERA II - Valery - 12.07.2014 00:28

I don't know how to deal with this FU77003.

I added in "load only these scripts":

-999 keyboard fix end.erm

The order on this txt file:

commodus.erm
era - quick savings.erm
era - secondary skills scrolling.erm
54 wog - enhanced dwelling hint text.erm
69 wog - market of time.erm
YBackpack.erm
rename.erm
Upgrade all.erm
Reminder.erm
Display retaliations.erm

OK, then I added those two scripts (fix end/fix start) to my mod tew4. So it should load them, but...

Then added call to arms, which uses keys 1-7. Then I have custom searches (commodus.erm) for objects with the following pattern:

When I run loop, it shows ok all CB's, but on last visible one I get error message (UN:U cannot find more objects error). Does call to arms affect only v1 or v2 as well?

Without call to arms, all ok. Is the order in "load these scripts" important or I miss something obvious here?

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 12.07.2014 19:58

999 keyboard fix start.erm should be first in the list.

If you use "load only these scripts.txt" the order of scripts is the order you specify them in file. Normally 999 keyboard would be loaded first.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 12.07.2014 20:49

With this order I get no error so far, thanks 132

commodus.erm
era - quick savings.erm
era - secondary skills scrolling.erm
54 wog - enhanced dwelling hint text.erm
69 wog - market of time.erm
YBackpack.erm
rename.erm
Upgrade all.erm
Reminder.erm
Display retaliations.erm

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 13.07.2014 03:47

Right order, yep )

RE: ERA II - demoix - 14.07.2014 03:37

Hello everyone. I have not ordinary problem for about 4 years after I found new gameplay experience with console comand "gosolo" ((click TAB and type gosolo). It's console command on original H3 (also works on wog/era) which AI take current turn and autoplay until next round for you (moves your heroes, build units/buildings/heroes it depends on situation and AI is probaly very smart on this if you play on more than normal dificulty).).
So problem is ERA/WOG after wogification can't handle this function and I got error like this:
Image: Error_non_human_battle.png
This happens when AI after gosolo trying to attack monsters or other heroes. Here is WOGERMLOG for it:
WOGERMLOG.TXT
Without Wogification map everything works well. Also this happens on every RoE/AB/SOD/WOG map if it wogified before start of the game. I'm not programer/scripter but when I saw woglog sometimes stuff in there is different from this one where I posted now, but problem is still same (Erm synatx error - file: monsters , Line: 5280). For better uderstanding maybe you guys try on your own wogified map then TAB and enter gosolo until AI trying to attack someone. I'm ready to pay and support with money who going to fix this bug as reward, becouse this game only I playing from childhood to now just without wogification sadly. So have a good day and I'm going to wait for news!

RE: ERA II - Valery - 14.07.2014 03:53

As I replied in HC, I fear that "gosolo" command screws the battle flags, as player is human, then you type "gosolo", which means that previously human player is now AI, and triggers like BU/BM/BG/BF will generate error if AI only battles. Maybe Bersy or others know better what succeeds when all players are suddenly AI?

Those triggers are 3.58 addition, this is why your gosolo worked with 3.55. Maybe if you delete all flags &1000 from scripts, error will be gone, but probably there is a reason those flags were set.

RE: ERA II - demoix - 14.07.2014 04:50

(14.07.2014 03:53)Valery Wrote:  As I replied in HC, I fear that "gosolo" command screws the battle flags, as player is human, then you type "gosolo", which means that previously human player is now AI, and triggers like BU/BM/BG/BF will generate error if AI only battles. Maybe Bersy or others know better what succeeds when all players are suddenly AI?

Those triggers are 3.58 addition, this is why your gosolo worked with 3.55. Maybe if you delete all flags &1000 from scripts, error will be gone, but probably there is a reason those flags were set.

But from logic point, why this can't work if without "gosolo" if AI still fights AI vs AI in singleplayer when there be there more than one AI's players on map and everything is ok with that. just thinking Bad I still hope somehow my problem will be sloved.. Bad

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 14.07.2014 05:13

From logic point I assume that some battle script checks for player type directly instead of using flags.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 14.07.2014 06:41

I tested gosolo and got various error messages and game freezes. Mostly ever script which has flag 998 set to false will give error. Enhanced commanders, wog chests, and all battle scripts. I also disabled ALL wog scripts, still error once battle starts.

The problem is that when playing with gosolo, battle will display entirely but there are 2 AI's in battle. There will not be automatic battle but real battle, without any human. Therefore wog gets confused.

I assume that the command "gosolo" was created for the purpose of testing AI behavior, both in battle and adventure map. Don't want to critic your choice, but I can't find any reason why anyone would play with "gosolo", as Heroes III AI is awfully scripted and will play much dumber than any human player. Anyway, seems that with wog is not compatible.

RE: ERA II - demoix - 14.07.2014 07:04

(14.07.2014 06:41)Valery Wrote:  I tested gosolo and got various error messages and game freezes. Mostly ever script which has flag 998 set to false will give error. Enhanced commanders, wog chests, and all battle scripts. I also disabled ALL wog scripts, still error once battle starts.

The problem is that when playing with gosolo, battle will display entirely but there are 2 AI's in battle. There will not be automatic battle but real battle, without any human. Therefore wog gets confused.

I assume that the command "gosolo" was created for the purpose of testing AI behavior, both in battle and adventure map. Don't want to critic your choice, but I can't find any reason why anyone would play with "gosolo", as Heroes III AI is awfully scripted and will play much dumber than any human player. Anyway, seems that with wog is not compatible.

Why I play with gosolo is becouse micromanagement. I'm controling main heros and I let weaker heroes take AI control for capturing or colecting resourses over map, but sometimes they must fight monster who defending resourses. Also I would like when I got more than 10 castles so is total micromanaganet so they build for me. But it's no matter why.
So as you said after deleting BH/BM and other factors with flags it should work, so how to do that?

RE: ERA II - Valery - 25.07.2014 01:27

How to we prohibit a player from enabling "no secondary skills limit" plugin? I placed the plugin "off" in mod data but is overwritten by wog mod.

I must find a way that this plugin does not work in Alexander the Great map, as the difficulty is in having only 10 skills to learn. With the plugin, is a joke.

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 25.07.2014 02:33

Can you make an antiplugin that would revert the limit back to 8 skills (or 10 in your case) and add it to your mod? I believe the filename wouldn't matter.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 25.07.2014 02:37

I guess would be the thing to do, but I am unable to make plugins, I don't even know how to open/read them. Bad

An alternative would be to check if plugin is enabled then shut the game down with warning. But how to check?

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 25.07.2014 02:52

You can check for some values in the game code. I don't remember the address though. Better give me this plugin and I'll convert it to the limit you want.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 25.07.2014 03:04

Create file with the same name and extension as plugin and 0 size.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 25.07.2014 06:00

How didn't I think about? Now works 132

Gamecreator, thanks anyway.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 05.08.2014 23:09

I would want to add to the SoD mod possibility to play the SoD campaign and entirely remove Wog one. Any tips how could I change this?

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 07.08.2014 22:00

Didn't it restore SoD campaign itself?

RE: ERA II - Valery - 07.08.2014 22:16

No, I think ZVS hardcoded to replace sod by wog (when right-click on wog campaign icon it still says SoD).

For now I placed all 7 sod campaigns in Mods/SoD/maps folder and can be played as custom. But when doing so, we have no progression as in original sod, unlock further campaign for example.

So I want to know if there would be some hack to restore SoD instead of wog, just for a mod.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 10.08.2014 14:01

HC complaint.

I had same issue when I try to validate tew4 but I thought is my map issue. Now that the guy writes, I generates a random map XXL and impossible to validate, crash. This didn't occur with era <246.

Also does not matter what generator you use.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 10.08.2014 20:35

I see no connection in Era 2.46 changes and map validation Bad

RE: ERA II - Valery - 10.08.2014 20:36

Can you generate an xxl map then validate? Only islands XXL works, all others crash upon validate.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 13.08.2014 22:40

Weird thing in H3 campaigns. I tried the SoD one with SoD mod (ignores wog but only a few user selected options), all ok, I finish first Gelu map, see transition cut scene to second scenario, click on, start map. Until now all ok.

I save the game, then when I reload, wtf, commanders are on, experience is on, everything is now wrong, none of the SoD mod scripts are reloaded anymore..

So I thought to add restrictions on reload, add the thing in GM trigger, but same result. 36

Detail: SoD campaings are now in maps folder and played as custom, as I didn't find a way to restore them instead of WoG.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 13.08.2014 22:58

Sorry, Val, I don't have XXL mod installed and trust you for now )
Really strange it is. Era 2.46?

RE: ERA II - Valery - 14.08.2014 00:45

You don't need xxl, I made SoD mod to allow players who dislike WoG (graphics/scripts) to play safe SoD (no creature spawn, no plague, graphics reverted etc).

SoD MOD

You can try this when have time: install sod mod, then play custom campaign (is sod). Type WOGONERING to win the scenario, go in second, save first day then reload. On reload all is messed. Really all, no idea why.

ok, tested once more. If you save when scenario is won then exit, reload save THEN go in sec scenario is ok. But if you win a scenario, go in next THEN save, your game is screwed. So the only way to finish a campaign is to never save during a scenario, only in cut scenes 36

Weird.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 17.08.2014 23:33

Val, do you play Era 2.46? I'm really sorry for being busy this week. No games, no films Sm

RE: ERA II - Valery - 18.08.2014 00:10

yes, 246. So far two problems I didn't have before:

1) After generating 2 maps consecutively, the editor crashes (memory?). When trying to validate maps made with this editor, it crashes.

2) Probably related to cosmic black holes, as I can't get why it does: campaigns are unplayable with script restrictions. As soon as we save on second scenario, all restrictions are gone.

(17.08.2014 23:33)Berserker Wrote:     No games, no films Sm

Coming from Russia, I see this a s a positive thing. Means you work Sm

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 18.08.2014 18:29

In 2.55 many issues with scripts and campaigns were solved. Cannot advice anything about 2.46.
Yep, working and even had leisure time in the country. I will post photos as soon as I can.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 18.08.2014 20:13

umm, I installed 255 over 246, then the era.dll + heroes.ini and everything is screwed. When I open maps they have no objects on, and I can not generate any random map...Editor has no objects in.

Photos!

RE: ERA II - Bes - 18.08.2014 21:11

(18.08.2014 20:13)Valery Wrote:  I installed 255 over 246
никогда так больше не делай
если только автор не заявлял, что такое допускается.
только чистая новая папка для новой версии ERA и никак иначе.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 18.08.2014 21:24

I did as bersy said. 141

I can't find any link to full 255 era anyway.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 18.08.2014 22:37

Answered on HC.
Val, that update was for 2.55 users)

RE: ERA II - Valery - 18.08.2014 22:40

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 18.08.2014 22:44

Install 2.46, install the update from HC on it and use bat files to switch between versions.
Argh, for 2.55 you will also need updated heroes3.ini and heroes default settings.ini from http://rghost.ru/56413442

RE: ERA II - Valery - 18.08.2014 22:47

emm, when running editor it says 2461 run time error, with latest dll update. Reverting to 246 still error."Can't find zeditr.txt"

Can you please make a single installer, maybe the problem is adding file manually?

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 19.08.2014 00:16

I can do it only on weekend, probably Bad
Yep, single installer is necessary indeed. That's my task, sorry for delays.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 28.08.2014 08:38

Drake reported a bug in Era 2.55

Hey Sal, when play testing my map, saving isn't possible. It says
"Too small SavedGameExtraBlockSize: 4000000
Size required is at least: 4267575"

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 28.08.2014 22:44

It's not a bug. He needs to open heroes3.ini and set SavedGameExtraBlockSize=6000000 at least.
Seems that someone uses many SN:W variables and perhaps play XXL (PO occupies much space). Solution is simple. For singleplayer one can turn off savegame padding by setting SavedGameExtraBlockSize=0. For multiplayer you have to increase the default 4000000 value I wrote for you Sm

RE: ERA II - Valery - 28.08.2014 23:36

I don't think so. he sent me his map (which was not even decorated) and in era 2.46 I was able to save. When he reverted to 2.46 he also could save.

Also his list of mods (which I asked first) had no heavy scripts, almost nothing.

And in 2.46 I can play anything, even Sagamosa, with the 4000000 limit in ini, never changed. I knew about ini but before I tell him to increase value, better to see why only 255 creates this situation, I think.

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 28.08.2014 23:47

Let him upload mods\list.txt and savegame.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 28.08.2014 23:49

Both in this thread

HC community

MAP

WoG
Fast Battle Animation
Yona
Secondary Skills Scrolling
New Objects Patch
Morn Battlefields
HmS_Improved_Interface
Disposable Spell-Scrolls
Invited Tavern-en
XXL
Random skin
Darkened Players
Overflow_Fix
WoG Revised
Mithril Smelter

RE: ERA II - Berserker - 29.08.2014 21:22

Ok. Thank you. Last thing:

heroes3.ini, set these values:

Debug=1
Debug.DumpSavegameSections=1
Debug.Everything=1
Debug.LogDestination=File
Debug.LogVirtualFileSystem=0

Then zip "Debug" folder. Which will be created when he saves the game.

RE: ERA II - armand - 21.07.2016 13:40

Hello guys,

First I'd like to thank you for keeping Heroes 3 spirit alive and for all the great new features. Great work indeed!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for such question but anyway...

Where can I get the latest version of ERA II?
Is the latest version 2.46?

I found several sites offering Era 2.46 but the downloaded files where having several viruses/trojans.

Where can I get a virus-free latest ERA II?

I saw that you are maintaining a site offering all the ERA mods. Would it be possible to provide there also ERA II virus-free installation download? One cannot use the mods at all without the main engine you know Sm

Thanks again!

RE: ERA II - Valery - 21.07.2016 14:41

The same site is offering Era 2 and all the mods.

wakeofgods.org/mods

if you get trojan/virus alert from this site, is that your anti virus is bad quality, all files are clean and I am personally responsible of them. Well, unless someone hacked it, but then we would receive more than one warning.

You can also scan them online. All the exe files are openable with winrar too, the exe just has the command for installing them in proper location.

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 21.07.2016 15:39

Updated original post with version info and link from russian thread.

RE: ERA II - armand - 22.07.2016 13:03

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and for the links!
I'll try those tonight and write back.

RE: ERA II - armand - 23.07.2016 03:36

gamecreator's Era version is 2.461 while Valery's is 2.46.
The binary files differ. What is different between 2.461 and 2.46?

In both archives the following files seem infected:

buttons.dll - Suspicious.Cloud.7.F
defka.exe - Trojan.Gen.2
repman.exe - Trojan.Gen.SMH
lodimport.exe - Trojan.Gen.SMH

The self-extracting archive 2.461 itself is containing Heur.AdvML.B

Thanks once again!

RE: ERA II - Valery - 23.07.2016 03:41

Is your antivirus which is bad. Cheap/free antiviruses will reports any false positives. Use kaspersky, norton, or scan Era with their tools, you will see is clean.

RE: ERA II - armand - 23.07.2016 03:55

I'm using Norton.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 23.07.2016 04:25

Then I don't know, I use both Norton and Kaspersky (the premium versions) and of course they say is safe.

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 23.07.2016 12:16

armand, it's not "my" ERA, it's official. You aren't going to find any better. I don't know why it is named 2.461.
As for antiviruses, ERA is a mod and a modding platform, meaning it changes the game code while the game is running to implement its functionality. Of course it would be considered suspicious, as viruses do the same. As you may see from your results, the antivirus declares ERA components or various tools a virus based on unreliable heuristic indications. Antiviruses aren't perfect, armand, sometimes they need to be overruled by common sense.

RE: ERA II - armand - 25.07.2016 13:59

gamecreator, perhaps you are right.

It seems that only the self-extractor issue was caught by heuristics.

If "your" version is the official 2.46 then it doesn't make sense to be different than Valery's 2.46 version (if his is also the official). Yet, they are binary different.

As for the ERA being a modding platform - can't we say the same thing about WoG 3.58f?
Yet, I've never come across virus thread while scanning WoG. This might be due to the .wog files though.

Anyway, thank you both for the help guys, I'll try once more without heuristics to see if that helps.

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 25.07.2016 14:34

(25.07.2016 13:59)armand Wrote:  If "your" version is the official 2.46 then it doesn't make sense to be different than Valery's 2.46 version (if his is also the official). Yet, they are binary different.
Valery's version is older.
(25.07.2016 13:59)armand Wrote:  As for the ERA being a modding platform - can't we say the same thing about WoG 3.58f?
Yet, I've never come across virus thread while scanning WoG. This might be due to the .wog files though.
There were such threads, haven't seen any recently though. Perhaps WoG is so old and widespread that antivirus developers added it to exceptions. Also WoG is mostly internal: it is contained within the exe file itself. ERA is mostly external.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 25.07.2016 20:10

I don't think there are any differences between, I hold the version Bersy put on his site too. I don't recall him having updated 2.46, it was planned to be re-released with erm help additional codes but it didn't. Probably differences from packing process?

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 25.07.2016 20:32

No, there is a difference. era.dll is dated later (18.07.13) and you can see the changes in source code, though I'm not sure what they mean. Something to do with ERA's file system. You must have downloaded it before the change and then put what you had on the side instead of redownloading.

RE: ERA II - Valery - 25.07.2016 21:07

Ah I see, wasnt aware of dll. Will update my version as soon as I have access again to wakeofgods.

RE: ERA II - armand - 26.07.2016 03:16

The differences are in era.dll, eramap.dll and small changes in some sources - mainly in version string (gamecreator's copy is version 2.461) but also in some functions regarding canonical names.

FYI I re-scanned for viruses with heuristic detection turned off and again detected:
Trojan.Gen.2 in defka.exe and
Trojan.Gen.SMH in lodimport.exe and repman.exe

I think I'll stick to WoG 3.58f for now, thank you for all the help and suggestions.

RE: ERA II - igrik - 26.07.2016 10:46

armand Wrote:FYI I re-scanned for viruses with heuristic detection turned off and again detected:
Trojan.Gen.2 in defka.exe and
Trojan.Gen.SMH in lodimport.exe and repman.exe
If you do not trust, delete the two files manually. Functional ERA will not be harmed.

RE: ERA II - gamecreator - 26.07.2016 10:58

armand, your loss.

RE: ERA II - v3r3r - 21.01.2017 12:51

(05.02.2012 00:05)Berserker Wrote:  Download: Direct link

Сервер не найден..

RE: ERA II - Bes - 22.01.2017 00:22

v3r3r, зеркало
https://yadi.sk/d/wmkrv2om7Dth2